#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

City and probably Chelsea will lawyer / bribe their way out of whatever comes their way. 

As bad as they are, Everton will stay up comfortably. Any other season and this would likely see them gone already but the 3 promoted club's are so unbelievably shit that everyone else is basically getting a free hit this season. 

8 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

City and probably Chelsea will lawyer / bribe their way out of whatever comes their way. 

As bad as they are, Everton will stay up comfortably. Any other season and this would likely see them gone already but the 3 promoted club's are so unbelievably shit that everyone else is basically getting a free hit this season. 

If they'd got the deduction last season it could have saved Leicester, ironic given their history with FFP.

22 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

City were charged on 115 of FFP Breaches, and Everton only had one: yet the latter get a 10pts deduction?

SPFL-level corruption here.

Also, Burnley are still  bottom of the league despite this deduction, which is funny. (Derby are getting a run for their money here.)

Applying Everton's punishment to City's 115 charges, they'll lose 1150 points - presumably backdated across each season until they're squared up. Followed by the stripping of titles and prize money attached to being in the EPL during that time. I daresay Qatar will find the money to pay for it down the side of a couch. 

14 minutes ago, HTG said:

Applying Everton's punishment to City's 115 charges, they'll lose 1150 points - presumably backdated across each season until they're squared up. Followed by the stripping of titles and prize money attached to being in the EPL during that time. I daresay Qatar will find the money to pay for it down the side of a couch. 

You’re getting your sportswashing regimes mixed up. It’s the UAE behind Man City. Qatar is PSG.

Easy done tbh.

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You’re getting your sportswashing regimes mixed up. It’s the UAE behind Man City. Qatar is PSG.

Easy done tbh.

Cheers - there's so much sportswashing in the "greatest league in the world" that I lost my bearings. 

I'm just glad that we've got Sky around to shine a light on why this sort of thing goes on ...

On 17/11/2023 at 12:27, ClydeTon said:

City were are charged on 115 of FFP Breaches, and Everton only had one: yet the latter get a 10pts deduction?

The City case is still live and it makes the Everton case seems fairly straightforward so it's hardly surprising it's taking longer.

City Football Group own a dozen clubs and another 10 clubs across the globe all doing business between each other. Some of these transactions will be legitimate and fair value, some of them won't and City's lawyers will be attempting to obfuscate and confuse matters at every turn

I think that this is the first time I’ve ever watched the Sky build up to a game. Good grief! The awed tones when speaking to players/managers is cringy. The commentary throughout the first half is so embarrassingly deferential similar to royal events. Give me Friday night Scottish games every time