#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

I think that this is the first time I’ve ever watched the Sky build up to a game. Good grief! The awed tones when speaking to players/managers is cringy. The commentary throughout the first half is so embarrassingly deferential similar to royal events. Give me Friday night Scottish games every time

Peter Drury has become insufferable since being promoted to Sky's lead commentator. Nearly every word sounds like it's read from a script and he seems to think his job is to create some sort of poetry to accompany a game. Awful.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That is never a foul in a million years.

If a centre back jumps like that with a centre forward, does anyone think it's a penalty? No.

It's just terrible goalkeeping, he isn't impeded at all.

You do need to consider challenges between two outfielders and an outfielder/goalie differently as keepers aren't trying to play the ball in the same way

40 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Peter Drury has become insufferable since being promoted to Sky's lead commentator. Nearly every word sounds like it's read from a script and he seems to think his job is to create some sort of poetry to accompany a game. Awful.

I honestly can't listen to him. It's like he's trying to make every sentence a soundbite. 

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Haaland gonna Haaland.

47 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Shook off that injury I see.

I didn't think anyone actually expected Haaland and Ederson to miss the game after their "injuries" on international duty so I was surprised when the guys on the usually knowledgeable Totally Football Show were talking about it being a good time to play City with those two being out. I suppose it's a sign of the respect Pep has for Liverpool that he managed to make sure two key players picked up "injuries" before a game against them. Probably wouldn't have made sure they were "injured" if they were playing mid table dross like Brentford or Manchester United.

Andy Walker being asked to give his opinion on English Premier League football is wild. Played for Celtic in the mid 90'swhen they were pish and never even had an international career. Doesn't even deserve to be in the company of utter jobbers like Robbie Savage.