#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Arteta does this to copy Pep's tactic of putting a defender into a no 6 role.  The difference is that John Stones is a natural defender and risk averse.  Zinchenko makes a couple of mistakes in almost every game I watch him.

And yet Arsenal are above them in the league. Zinchenko ordinarily wouldn’t have played yesterday but Tomiyasu and Timber are both injured. When all are fit Zinchenko will predominantly play in games where the other team sits in a low block (when his defensive skills are less important). There’s no doubt he’s incredible at inverting into midfield and dictating the game. Only 2/3 in the world can do it as well as him.

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Is anyone daft enough to buy a replica kit of a replica home kit?

Of course they are and it will cost them 79 big ones for the privilege

https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en/chelsea-nike-away-stadium-shirt-2023-24/p-6781362063501353+z-84-717433165?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

Is this the best day of the year?

The big day is over, there's beer in the fridge, leftovers to pick at, we've had the presents (the Premier League cufflinks I mentioned on the Christmas thread are getting their first outing) and footy on the telly.

Time to become one with my armchair and be absorbed in the incredible product we have in store.

Unreal.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The sooner Amazon Sport becomes a thing, the better. Their coverage is excellent.  

Unfortunately they’ve lost their rights from 2025/26 onwards. Only Sky and TNT from that season.

Amazon do have a first pick Champions League game every match week next season, though (but the final will only be on TNT).