#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

I wasn't concentrating on the game there and had it on mute, but just happened to look up when the bald fan was on the side of the pitch berating the Man United players. For a couple of seconds I genuinely wondered why ten Hag was so far out of his dugout and what had annoyed him so much. 

56 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I wasn't concentrating on the game there and had it on mute, but just happened to look up when the bald fan was on the side of the pitch berating the Man United players. For a couple of seconds I genuinely wondered why ten Hag was so far out of his dugout and what had annoyed him so much. 

When was that? I wasn't paying much attention either. I saw the goals but mostly the game was on in the background. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

When was that? I wasn't paying much attention either. I saw the goals but mostly the game was on in the background. 

It was in second half stoppage time. I genuinely think the late reaction from security might have been because some of them thought the guy was a member of the coaching staff or something. 

That Bournemouth loser conceded - playing with ten men, but sticking to this nonsense 'philosophy of football' outlook - surely has to be the most fraudulent goal conceded in the history of football. 

It's outrageously bad. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

VAR check to see if the handball is in the box, it's close but the boy was just outside the box. The free kick is taken 3/4 yards outside the box though :lol: Wtf is the ref playing at?! 

Almost as good as the one they checked for a hand ball a few minutes ago when it clearly didn’t touch his hand. 5 slow mo replays got something that was obvious the first time. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

People going down holding their head annoying Carragher it seems. Aye if the ref isn't sure he's milking it we'll just play on Dr Carragher. Fanny. 

Certain teams/players and constant head knocks is ridiculous tbf - though obviously his suggestion is terrible. If you go down holding your head then a mandatory five minute HIA will do. 

Surely an actual useful use of VAR would be to leave it fully in charge of stopping the game. So tell players that the referee will not stop the game, and VAR can quickly scan incidents and tell the ref legit head knock, stop the game? Or something along those lines. 

But failing that, off for a mandatory HIA isn't a bad idea either. It covers safety and also discourages cheating. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Certain teams/players and constant head knocks is ridiculous tbf - though obviously his suggestion is terrible. If you go down holding your head then a mandatory five minute HIA will do. 

Definitely. But you could see the ref wasn't 100% sure so he has to call it for safety. It's ok for Carragher sitting in a studio with replays. I do think VAR should take charge as suggested below. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely an actual useful use of VAR would be to leave it fully in charge of stopping the game. So tell players that the referee will not stop the game, and VAR can quickly scan incidents and tell the ref legit head knock, stop the game? Or something along those lines. 

But failing that, off for a mandatory HIA isn't a bad idea either. It covers safety and also discourages cheating.