#Barclays 24/25

Wee-Bey

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

This is basically saying I can swing a punch at someone on a football pitch and if the other person ducks out the way I don’t need to be sent off.

No because a punch is outside the scope of the game.

it is the difference between an indirect free kick for a high boot and a red card for a high boot that hits an opponent in the head

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

You have to referee on what actually happened and not  what could have happened

But a red card there would have been refereeing based precisely on what happened: a tackle that clearly endangers the safety of an opponent (and Udogie's tackle comfortably clears that hurdle regardless of Sterling being an intelligent enough footballer to avoid it) is a red card offence for serious foul play.  

Just now, DrewDon said:

But a red card there would have been refereeing based precisely on what happened: a tackle that clearly endangers the safety of an opponent (and Udogie's tackle comfortably clears that hurdle regardless of Sterling being an intelligent enough footballer to avoid it) is a red card offence for serious foul play.  

not in the current guidance which says on the boot is a yellow, any contact above the boot is a red. Which is why Romero went off. He put his studs into the shin, therefore a red card.

Just now, eez-eh said:

I see the “Ange’s likeable Spurs” thing lasted about 10 games.

They were playing well until Romero did his Frankenstein's monster impersonation.

I complain about time wasting but quarter of an hour of stoppage time is keech.

Mind when Jim Leighton got injured in the 2000 Cup Final and that was 7 minutes of injury time, that was unfathomably long

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Not as much, you just need to have clear daylight with no overlap. Any overlap with players is onside.

I don't see how that's any easier, or what it achieves. You'd have fans making flippant comments about goals being disallowed for belly buttons being offside.

The constant moaning about 'toenails being offside' etc is just ridiculous to me. By definition offside needs to have a cut-off point. You can play about with the cut-off point forever more but we're still going to have the same amount of borderline decisions and people being called offside for being marginally ahead of the cut-off point, because that is the nature of the law.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

not in the current guidance which says on the boot is a yellow, any contact above the boot is a red. Which is why Romero went off. He put his studs into the shin, therefore a red card.

On the boot when tackling with one leg maybe, but he is off the ground and out of control with both feet. Dangerous = red.

Edited by peasy23