#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

Sean Dyche is just Craig Levein with better eye sight, Everton are tedious to watch.

It seems like he will play anybody over Patterson at right back, a loan to a championship team would do him good, he can’t have started a massive amount of games in his career.

A really poor game tonight. Cracking goal by Ayew though.

That’s a massive chance missed by Everton. Palace on a dreadful run and missing their 2 best players in Eze and Olise plus another 2 key players in Guehi and  Doucoure. 
Saw a couple of comments re the in studio analysis. Have to say I enjoyed Jesse Marsch's input post match. 

36 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As much as I respect Roy Hodgson, I really hope he finally retires.  His last two gigs have gone poorly and it's really time for him to move on 

He did pretty well when he took over at Palace last season. 5 wins, 3 draws and only 2 defeats in his 10 games in charge. They'd had a 13 match run with no wins just before he took over and there was a real threat of relegation. They finished 11th.

Very poor this season though.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

£4m per year for the new gaffer at Palace apparently. Not bad coin for keeping a team in the league when two of the three relegation spots are already nailed on. 

I’m incredibly risk averse (and probably shite as a football manager) but even I would back myself to keep that gang up. 

7 hours ago, mozam76 said:

£4m per year for the new gaffer at Palace apparently. Not bad coin for keeping a team in the league when two of the three relegation spots are already nailed on. 

I’m incredibly risk averse (and probably shite as a football manager) but even I would back myself to keep that gang up. 

That's only about £75k a week. I'd wager that it's only Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd that aren't paying their managers that.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

That's only about £75k a week. I'd wager that it's only Burnley, Luton and Sheff Utd that aren't paying their managers that.

Chrissy Wilder is a Premier League Manager mate. Put some respect on his name. 

Everton need a season or 5 on the bleachers (The SkyBet). They're painfully shite and their fans all seem like massive whoppers.

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Everton need a season or 5 on the bleachers (The SkyBet). They're painfully shite and their fans all seem like massive whoppers.

They remind me of Hamilton a few years ago. Perennially shite but somehow staying up year after year after year. 

On 20/02/2024 at 07:14, Derry Alli said:

Only 75 grand a week. I bet he’s struggling to make ends meet. 

:lol:

Old Trafford redevelopment: Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants 'national stadium in the north' - BBC Sport

New Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe says his "preference" is to build a new stadium for the club that can also "serve the north of England". United have played at the 74,310-capacity Old Trafford since 1910, but Ratcliffe acknowledged it had become "tired and in need of refurbishment". A new stadium could be built next to the existing ground in Trafford Park.

"It's about time someone built a national stadium in the north of England," said the British billionaire. Ratcliffe added the potential project could be a "catalyst for regeneration" in south Manchester and would therefore warrant a "conversation" with the government about using taxpayers' money.

Ratcliffe spoke about the potential for the new stadium to host England games and FA Cup semi-finals, both of which are played at Wembley in London, as well as the Champions League final. He said there was "significant bias in terms of major investments being in the south".

Ratcliffe said an "an arms-length taskforce" would be put together to look into the feasibility of a new stadium and that he had spoken to former United captain Gary Neville.

When asked if public funding would be used, he added: "I think, as part of a regeneration project, there has to be a conversation with the national government. "The north deserves some thought as well as the south, I think, if it is a national stadium."

It gets on my wick how people preach about levelling up then pump the money into Manchester. That place has gone though an unfathomable transformation over the past three decades. It is by a long disance England's closest resemblance to the capital in terms of sport/culture/economy/tourism.

Fvck building any more military scale shite there.

1 hour ago, southernrover said:

It gets on my wick how people preach about levelling up then pump the money into Manchester. That place has gone though an unfathomable transformation over the past three decades. It is by a long disance England's closest resemblance to the capital in terms of sport/culture/economy/tourism.

Fvck building any more military scale shite there.

And  that’s particularly true for the bit around Salford Quays/Media City