#Barclays 24/25

Cheese

On 18/02/2024 at 17:06, Jacky1990 said:

Bruno Fernandes is f**king brutal 90% of the time.

Quite baffling the media and Twitter fanboys only focus on the 10%.

Agreed. And it is, of course, Souness' fault.  As per.

11 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Chelsea are not going to exist in 5 years. Basket cases. Hopefully quicker than 5 years actually. 

I'll take early death.

31 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Raheem Sterling going to Arsenal on loan 

Whilst I want nothing to do with it, do you have such a love-in where you are?

9 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Wild that Arsenal can pick up a player like Sterling for no upfront cost because Chelsea are a shambles.

By spending money on Sancho and letting Sterling leave without a loan fee, Chelsea have made both Man Utd and Arsenal a little bit stronger. Masterful. 

Chelsea don't seem to realise - among the many other things they don't seem to realise - that if you buy too many players, you suppress the transfer value of those not getting in the first team squad. Everyone knows you want rid of them and that they want to leave.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

By spending money on Sancho and letting Sterling leave without a loan fee, Chelsea have made both Man Utd and Arsenal a little bit stronger. Masterful. 

Chelsea don't seem to realise - among the many other things they don't seem to realise - that if you buy too many players, you suppress the transfer value of those not getting in the first team squad. Everyone knows you want rid of them and that they want to leave.

Exactly 🤣

Yeah, I had this discussion at work with a Chelsea fan over a year ago. He thought it was a masterstroke signing all these young players on long deals. Wasn't having it when I explained that they'll be difficult to shift a dog shit player with 5 years left on a 100,000 a week.

On 29/08/2024 at 12:33, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I get the impression Maupay might be happy to get away from Everton.

Who wouldn't?

14 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Chelsea are not going to exist in 5 years. Basket cases. Hopefully quicker than 5 years actually. 

Yes they will.

18 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Chelsea don't seem to realise - among the many other things they don't seem to realise -

Apparently Bohely said at some event that Chelsea had a guaranteed spot in the Champions League, and didn't realise that they had to finish in the top 4 to get in.

The consortium that owns Chelsea are building an investment portfolio of players rather than a football team. Pushing out the highest earners like Sterling and Chilwell (Reece James will be next) and buying a tonne of young players on lower base salaries spreads the “risk”. Banking that some of them are bound to come good and be sold for a profit and if they don’t amount to much then their wages aren’t astronomical.

Selling all their academy players (because the money goes straight into the FFP accounts) and selling players they can’t shift to their sister club in France - which is farcical - and a lot of creative accounting is giving them a helping hand with it.

It’s a hideous way to run a football club and I hope it doesn’t work but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just do enough to keep the investors happy.