English Football League 2023/24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Commentary is fucking insufferable already. “An atmosphere only Wembley can provide”.

And a rendition of GSTK to top the minter scale. It’s a play-off FFS.

I actually came on here specifically to post about the Wembley atmosphere. I don't know if its the stadium or the fact that Invariably a Club game is filled with part timers, but the atmosphere always seems weirdly shit to me. 

Edited by Bairnardo

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I actually came on here specifically to post about the Wembley atmosphere. I don't know if it’s the stadium or the face that I variably and Club game is filled with part timers, but the atmosphere always seems weirdly shit to me. 

I remember seeing it was designed in such a way to improve the acoustics at concerts (which football stadium wouldn’t be, of course?), don’t know if that’s been at the expense of generating a decent atmosphere.

Besides that 99% of the time it’s used is either cup and play-off finals which are full of day-trippers, or England leisurely pumping Albania 6-0 in a qualifier.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Has Le Tissier fucked his reputation that much that Sky would rather focus on Adam Lallana 😂

Never mind. There he is. 

Toughest league in the world?

We were a random fantastic Ipswich season away from having the three teams that went down last season replacing the team that went up.

Pipe down.

• 3 weeks later...