English Football League 2023/24

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Southampton are so fucking boring. Pass pass pass sideways sideways backwards. Cross the ball, dribble or shoot you shitehawks. 

That's how I used to play FIFA. Pass, pass, pass, get to the final third and then pass it back and start to build again. 

I quite like Alfie's videos and this, as far as I can see, is a well researched and concise look at the precarity and unsustainability of the Skybet Championship.

Most clubs spending 150% of their revenue on wages is bonkers, but it also has serious implications for the game up here, given how many championship teams take players from our league on the promise of wages that they can't afford.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Such a shame that the EFL highlights that used to be a must watch has been reduced to cheep shite that ITV don't give a shite about. 

Not really seen it since the Colin Murray days on Quest, but as soon as it was announced that he wasn't going with it you knew it was only going to go one way.

18 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Such a shame that the EFL highlights that used to be a must watch has been reduced to cheep shite that ITV don't give a shite about. 

18 hours ago, southernrover said:

Not really seen it since the Colin Murray days on Quest, but as soon as it was announced that he wasn't going with it you knew it was only going to go one way.

Thing is, it was absolutely fine on ITV last year. Pretty much the same format as Quest/Channel 5 with plenty of time given to all 3 divisions.

Their decision this season to ditch the studio and spend 5/10 minutes tops on League One and Two has been daft.

14 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Thing is, it was absolutely fine on ITV last year. Pretty much the same format as Quest/Channel 5 with plenty of time given to all 3 divisions.

Their decision this season to ditch the studio and spend 5/10 minutes tops on League One and Two has been daft.

Ah, I hadn't realised they had also changed the format. That does indeed sound shite. League 1 and especially League 2 clubs habe always seemed to have a shitty end of any EFL deal, I guess this kind of thing is par for the course by now...!

Still, at least they can be done and dusted in 10 mins on international breaks, then ITV4 can get back to showing the millionth rerun of some nondescript 1980s film.

• 3 weeks later...