FA Cup 2023/24

Eednud

29 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Offside :lol: 

When it’s that close there’s no possible way you can be sure you’ve paused it at the right frame and got the lines exactly right. It’s fucking maddening that this shit is allowed.

Edited by eez-eh

The competition has been rubbish for years, thanks to the FA meddling with it and setting up a league which manager's now prioritise.  I didn't even know what day the final was on.  Shame for Coventry, though.

3 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

The competition has been rubbish for years, thanks to the FA meddling with it and setting up a league which manager's now prioritise.  I didn't even know what day the final was on.  Shame for Coventry, though.

The big money to pay for all the players at clubs like Liverpool comes from the league placing and entry to the champions league.

Even perennial bottom feeders like Everton prioritise the league over the FA or League cup.

The FA cup just cannot generate the same amount of prize money that the top flight and the European top table provide.

Money has killed the game I grew up watching. 

If there was only one place at the Champions League for each country it would be a lot fairer but clubs like Liverpool don’t want that format to change.

12 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

I'm struggling to get over that, f**k knows how the Coventry fans will.

VAR would have ruled out Keith Houchens goal as a flying headbutt somehow, get it to f**k. I have a soft spot for Chesterfield so I have zero time for cheating referees but this, his toe is offside pish is killing the game for me.

The internet is full of “soccer” fans who have no issue with that goal being ruled out because it’s “technically right”. These are the c***s the Barclays clubs are pandering to these days. Someone shoot me.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The internet is full of “soccer” fans who have no issue with that goal being ruled out because it’s “technically right”. These are the c***s the Barclays clubs are pandering to these days. Someone shoot me.

No, somebody shoot them.

Although, just to be clear, Moomin does not encourage the use of projectile weapons in any way,shape or form as an educational tool or for any other purpose. T&Cs can be found somewhere

Yet, there’s some (on this forum too) that tell us VAR isn’t the problem, it’s the humans operating it. VAR is great, it’s here to stay they say… well, I’m not one of them. The sooner that shite is fired into the sun, the better. 

…and, when VAR is fired into the sun, can Manchester United please be onboard the rocket with VAR. A shower of jammy shite, so jammy, that I actively want an Abu Dhabi-funded megaclub to hammer the kunts by 7-0. Preferably including a hat-trick by that kunt Grealish too. Seriously, that fcuking rabble are only out-jammy b*****ded by a certain two clubs who play in big Glasgow stadiums. It’s not Man Utd’s fault that despite Casemiro being a fanny, Coventry contrived to out-fanny Casemiro, but for fcuk sake… jammy, jammy kunts. 

Rant over, time fur’ a beer. 😎

With it being a Manchester derby again, it’s likely the final will kick off at 3pm. 

Pray for the SFA, with them having already confirmed the Scottish Cup Final for the same time. 

3 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

It has gotten to the point now where someone has to be attacked / assaulted, and it would be totally justified.

Still laughing as I type this.

Thank you.

I’d like to think that in some parallel universe, where money hasn’t absolutely destroyed any semblance of competition and rotted average footballers minds, Mark Robins is the manager of Manchester United. He’s a legend of the club, he’s a clever manager, and a thoroughly likeable guy. 

Instead, the place is a haven for vultures in the board and dressing rooms. Genuinely gutted that Coventry lost today, and raging that United won. 

This taken from the BBC report on the match says so much about what is wrong at Man United. 
“Brazilian wideman Antony cupped his ears at the Coventry fans at the end, even though United were 3-0 up when he replaced Alejandro Garnacho”.  Honest to God what an  incredible lack of self awareness. Antony is one of many who is the problem and never in a million years part of the solution at a basket case of a club. 

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This taken from the BBC report on the match says so much about what is wrong at Man United. 
“Brazilian wideman Antony cupped his ears at the Coventry fans at the end, even though United were 3-0 up when he replaced Alejandro Garnacho”.  Honest to God what an  incredible lack of self awareness. Antony is one of many who is the problem and never in a million years part of the solution at a basket case of a club. 

Not part of the report but there's a clip that contrasts that brilliantly- where most of the squad wheel away to celebrate when they won the shootout, you can see Harry McGuire immediately move across and shake hands with the Coventry players. As maligned as he is at United, I thought that showed a real degree of class and self awareness of just now much they'd got away with it.