Champions league 2023/24.

guinness

Think it was four or five years ago that Guardiola first teased us with the prospect of an Ederson penalty. You can only imagine the buzz I got when I saw him about to take it. 

That was Bernardo Silva's fourth penalty for City and the third to go down the middle, Foden had hit two and both went to the goalkeeper's left (which was where Lunin went) and Kovacic had hit one (low to goalkeeper's right). Real Madrid had clearly done as much homework as me - or I work for them...

I thought Real Madrid were pretty disappointing over the two legs, with Vinicious Jr particularly poor. Without a Benzema you just never really expect that moment of magic from someone to decide a game. 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Rodri is a right sore loser. Rattled after we gubbed Spain and greeting after last night.

I love the entitlement - they should have won because they had more of the ball despite not scoring more goals than their opponent. City led for 18 minutes in total over the 2 legs. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

They were all very hard to predict and all were very close so I’d give her a break on that.

She literally got them ALL wrong...

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Imagine not being able to beat a team from a league without a title sponsor. Sad day for the brand.

Man City and Arsenal both last night tbf

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2024 at 03:18, SH Panda said:

The real farmers league having a total mare last night, and they are fair getting scudded in the Europa league too.

A St. George's day* massacre.

Even better is the tear stained reaction from their fans online insisting that they really are the best, honest guv, this is all just a mistake. The articles about the inevitable all English semi final make for an especially good read.

Now 6 CL English winners since the start of the millennium, Spain has 6 in the last ten years alone (10 this millennium).

Even hiring Spanish coaches and signing Iberian players isn't closing the gap.

Aston Villa is their last realistic chance in Europes third tier comp, Unai Emery alone has won as many Europa League titles as English football as a whole has since 2002.

If you can't beat em hire em. And still lose.

*Well at least the months the same.

Or you could just look at UEFA’s coefficient rankings, which shows England miles out in front. 

Why do you keep making new aliases btw? Are you being repeatedly banned for your terrible takes?

3 hours ago, SH Panda said:

So you accept they used to be good and were horrendous this year?

Weird white knight effort.

Their record of actually winning competitions has been dire this millennium, Spain are miles ahead. It's no surprise the best English sides imitate Spanish football in every way they can.

Correcting your terrible posts isn’t ’white knighting’. UEFA ranks the Barclays as the best league in Europe and that’s all there is to it. You can try and move the goalposts as much as you want, I’m not interested, neither is UEFA, and it’s our opinion that matters, not yours.

Are you going to answer re the numerous aliases?

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade