Huw Edwards

Is it not possible that when the parent first contacted the BBC, they've come to the obvious conclusion that if the complaint was genuine and not just a crank, the parent should be going to the Police first of all, and then the Police contacting the BBC and Edwards?

I mean, if I'm an employer, and I get a random communication claiming that one of my employees is guilty of criminal conduct my first response would be to tell them to contact their local Police, no to go to the employee in question and immediately start quizzing them about it.

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Are these new allegations the BBC are suddenly piling on with here saying he sent abusive messages to younger staff and lorded it up to them about his salary? 

There was a report yesterday afternoon that the BBC had received a second complaint from a second individual that Edwards had sent them threatening messages on an app, then another report later last night that they had received yet another complaint from a third distinct individual. No more details that I'm aware of, probably because the police will be looking into those.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

There was a report yesterday afternoon that the BBC had received a second complaint from a second individual that Edwards had sent them threatening messages on an app, then another report later last night that they had received yet another complaint from a third distinct individual. No more details that I'm aware of, probably because the police will be looking into those.

I saw that, but on the BBC News channel they were matter of factly discussing that he sent abusive messages to current and ex BBC staff lording it up over his salary and criticising their dress which is absolutely news to me? 

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So, Edwards was using his own name on that dating app? Or, did people read his name on Twitter relating to this story, as at that point it was an unknown bbc journalist being discussed, and decided to pile on? I mean, could the same happen on here? Could someone decide a random user name on here was John Craven and say he had been sending abusive messages to them in private?

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I saw that, but on the BBC News channel they were matter of factly discussing that he sent abusive messages to current and ex BBC staff lording it up over his salary and criticising their dress which is absolutely news to me? 

I didn't see that. First I've heard of it.

If that's true, then I'll admit that fits right in with my long-standing perception of him. I thought he always looked like his arse was being put massively out of joint by having to read the news, so personally, I don't recognise this loveable institution being talked about. I've always had him down as a pompous, odious, self-important arsepiece.

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

So, Edwards was using his own name on that dating app? Or, did people read his name on Twitter relating to this story, as at that point it was an unknown bbc journalist being discussed, and decided to pile on? I mean, could the same happen on here? Could someone decide a random user name on here was John Craven and say he had been sending abusive messages to them in private?

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just recounting the events of yesterday as I recall them.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I didn't see that. First I've heard of it.

If that's true, then I'll admit that fits right in with my long-standing perception of him. I thought he always looked like his arse was being put massively out of joint by having to read the news, so personally, I don't recognise this loveable institution being talked about. I've always had him down as a pompous, odious, self-important arsepiece.

I always knew him as a wrong un type post, just as everyone said when Saville was dead. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

I always knew him as a wrong un type post, just as everyone said when Saville was dead. 

Wouldn't say I had him down as a 'wrong un', more that I always thought he looked like someone who'd rather be anywhere else than where he was and made no attempt to hide that.

In fairness to my late Grandfather, he did absolutely leave the room ranting and raving about Saville any time JS did appear on the TV, and he was a mild-mannered considerate man in every respect, so fair fucks, he saw Saville for exactly what he was.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just recounting the events of yesterday as I recall them.

No bother. I just can't stand the fact that this is a story just now given the state of the country due to Government incompetency on a huge scale. Total misdirection by Murdoch to take the heat off the Tories. 

For the record, I agree with you re Edwards on screen persona. Thought he looked bored at best, but no one deserves this treatment for titillation and gossips sake.

I thought the days of banter were long gone, but even on this forum, its still alive and kicking, unfortunately.