Huw Edwards

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hislop must have some niche deviency that will come out eventually, maybe having a sly w**k while taking brass rubbings in village churches. 

Piers Morgan, allegedly, tried to get the dirt on him by getting a PI to ask his Church of England minister what Hislop said in his confessional and offered cash to the minister. Proof that you don't have to be very clever to be a newspaper editor.

Just now, 101 said:

Piers Morgan, allegedly, tried to get the dirt on him by getting a PI to ask his Church of England minister what Hislop said in his confessional and offered cash to the minister. Proof that you don't have to be very clever to be a newspaper editor.

Yeah, he used to send his hacks to hang around outside Hislop's place as an intimidation tactic.

It's to the public's shame that Moron has been allowed to carve out a career outside of the gutter. Truly an odious individual and a danger to anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path.

Was there ever a possibly Huw Edwards could have presented the news?

".. and tonight, the main headline is this.  The name of the BBC presenter at the centre of the latest scandal has been revealed.  Well, to cut to the chase, it's me.  That's right - me.  I am not just reading the news - I am the news.  Who would have thought.  Oh well.  Meanwhile, in other news ..."

3 hours ago, 101 said:

I thought the COE ditched the Sacrament of Confession following Henry VIII. 

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Sun pontificating about paying an under-18 for nude photos is rather ironic given their past history.

samantha-fox1.jpeg

Billy Bragg actually wrote this 40 years ago - and much of it is still relevant about The Sun and its editorial hypocrisy.

14 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Disgusting admissions from Pie. I'll be amazed if we see the dog-bothering w****r on the news after this.

Haven’t read the full thread. Just wanted to say this whole episode vindicates my view that the entire media and celebrity culture we live in is complete and utter poison. 

And as much as people will rightly abuse the sun, it is the general public that fuel these horrendous practices. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Haven’t read the full thread. Just wanted to say this whole episode vindicates my view that the entire media and celebrity culture we live in is complete and utter poison. 

And as much as people will rightly abuse the sun, it is the general public that fuel these horrendous practices. 

Hard to disagree with this.

The blurring of the lines between "In the public interest" and "The public might be interested" is a massive issue

On 13/07/2023 at 10:14, diegomarahenry said:

The Sun have played a blinder, launched in with a story that wasn't a story, potentially outed a closeted gay man with mental health issues and hinted he was a nonce while using jigsaw identification to narrow down the candidates. 

The BBC trying to dodge the "safe place for sex offenders" tag absolutely hang the presenter out to dry, reporting stories that have no relevance but continue the forced outing. They then branch off in to reporting that he was a nasty character who was rude about someone's dress. 

The police report no criminality. 

The wife names her husband, says he has had a mental health episode and is receiving professional care. 

Wonder when a Jade Goody type 180 from the press will start. 

That is a fantastic video.