Huw Edwards

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hard to disagree with this.

The blurring of the lines between "In the public interest" and "The public might be interested" is a massive issue

At the risk of sounding like an old man, the bbc is being bullied into the wrong side of this line. 

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Haven’t read the full thread. Just wanted to say this whole episode vindicates my view that the entire media and celebrity culture we live in is complete and utter poison. 

And as much as people will rightly abuse the sun, it is the general public that fuel these horrendous practices. 

Well, it's the public who buy it.

Although presumably Murdoch would keep it going anyway, much like the backers of GB News who plough millions into a channel that nobody's watching.

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

Well, it's the public who buy it.

Although presumably Murdoch would keep it going anyway, much like the backers of GB News who plough millions into a channel that nobody's watching.

I mean, it’s chicken and egg stuff clearly but if the public don’t lap it up then murdoch gets nowhere with this. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, it’s chicken and egg stuff clearly but if the public don’t lap it up then murdoch gets nowhere with this. 

Murdoch's always had wee man syndrome. His rationale was that the rich and powerful looked down on him, so he dedicated his life to dragging them down into the gutter in front of the world.

Then he became one of the richest and most powerful men on the planet, after which he spent large amounts of money making sure nobody would dare do the same to him.

37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

More accusations against Dan Wooten, made by a notorious Edinburgh character on Twitter. I don’t want to link to them tbh it’s got a million views if you want to look it up.

I think we need to change this thread to “men behaving badly” in which we track all the various accusations of sexual misconduct from men in the public spotlight. It will be like the yet another US shooting thread.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

More accusations against Dan Wooten, made by a notorious Edinburgh character on Twitter. I don’t want to link to them tbh it’s got a million views if you want to look it up.

tamthebam

On 14/07/2023 at 17:52, Dons_1988 said:

Perhaps the worst of all is us lefty liberal types who read it elsewhere just to tut at the "deplorables", not because we're at all interested in the gossip.

My other take on the "issue" is to all the BBC presenters who came out (sic) to say it wasn't them GIRFUY ya bunch of self obsessed pricks!

Edited by btb