2023/24 Scottish Premiership Predictor

Rangers - Cleared out some dead wood, seem to have made some decent signings

Celtic - Might be wrong but I've just got a feeling Rodgers return isn't going to work out

Aberdeen - Will battle with Hearts for 3rd/4th.  Can be next best if they hold on to guys like Duk

Hearts - Will need to improve terrible away record.  Not sure about the Naismith manager arrangement.

Hibernian - Pure pish but will still finish Top 6

Motherwell - Decent defensively but will need to replace Van Veen's goals. Look out for Lennon Miller.

St Mirren - Will compete with Motherwell for the Top 6 spot.  Don't think they will get it twice in a row though.

Ross County - If they can keep Brophy fit, him Murray and White is more firepower than most of the bottom 6.

Livingston - Always seem to do enough, quite adroit in the transfer market.

Kilmarnock - More turgid McInnesball.  Looked a shambles at the back the other night.  Will depend heavily on Kyle Vassell.

St Johnstone - Terrible start to the season. Last two seasons have been in decline and this year might be curtains.  Small squad, inexperienced manager.

Dundee - King of the yo-yo clubs. Again small squad, didn't exactly set the Championship on fire last season.  Also, despite her having no interest in football my ex wife lives in Dundee and I hate her guts. 

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

On 29/07/2023 at 13:51, Ya Bezzer! said:

Rangers - Cleared out some dead wood, seem to have made some decent signings

Celtic - Might be wrong but I've just got a feeling Rodgers return isn't going to work out

Aberdeen - Will battle with Hearts for 3rd/4th.  Can be next best if they hold on to guys like Duk

Hearts - Will need to improve terrible away record.  Not sure about the Naismith manager arrangement.

Hibernian - Pure pish but will still finish Top 6

Motherwell - Decent defensively but will need to replace Van Veen's goals. Look out for Lennon Miller.

St Mirren - Will compete with Motherwell for the Top 6 spot.  Don't think they will get it twice in a row though.

Ross County - If they can keep Brophy fit, him Murray and White is more firepower than most of the bottom 6.

Livingston - Always seem to do enough, quite adroit in the transfer market.

Kilmarnock - More turgid McInnesball.  Looked a shambles at the back the other night.  Will depend heavily on Kyle Vassell.

St Johnstone - Terrible start to the season. Last two seasons have been in decline and this year might be curtains.  Small squad, inexperienced manager.

Dundee - King of the yo-yo clubs. Again small squad, didn't exactly set the Championship on fire last season.  Also, despite her having no interest in football my ex wife lives in Dundee and I hate her guts. 

tenor.gif.e39360eed24e3ef2beddd4b99bc4603c.gif

1. Celtic - can't see past them. However there is scope for an absolute Brendan melt-down
  2. Rangers - Lots of unknowns, but the gap to make up is huge
  3. Hearts - Being honest, the Euro adventure will probably not make the group stages. Squad largely the same as last season but with lots of returns from injuries
  4. Aberdeen - it'll be tight for 3rd, but I think they could easily find the demands in September-November overwhelming. Robson is as unknown a quantity as Naismith
  5. Hibs - In theory not much between Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen, but Nisbet is a huge loss. But everyone else is crap so 5th by default. 
  6. Dundee - shock I know but they have a decent young squad and have kept some key players & seem upwardly mobile
  7. Kilmarnock - McInnes has built his Aberdeen 2.0. Safe bet.
  8. Ross County - Front men might surprise a few people
  9. Livingstone - Safe. No surprises.
  10. St Mirren - Implosion pending
  11. Motherwell - 30 goals is a lot to make up
  12. St Johnstone  - I think time is up unfortunately. This feels like yet another manager being asked to make do with less cash and that will run out of road eventually…

1. Celgers - Brendan's Bears

2. Rantic - Beale's Bhoys

-----------

3. Aberdeen - 

4. Hearts -

5. Hibs

------------

6. Kilmarnock

7. Motherwell

8. St Mirren

------------

9. Ross County

10. St Johnstone

11. Dundee

12. Livingston

This is where my heart takes over from my head, well for the top of the table:-

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Aberdeen

4. Hibs

5. Hearts

6. Motherwell

7. St Mirren

8. Ross Co

9. Killie

10. Dundee

11. Livi

12. St Johnstone

1. Celtic - loads of money. 

2. Rangers - slightly less money, but still loads. Fancy them to get a bit closer this year now they've finally turned over some of the squad that had hung around for too long and become stagnant.

3. Aberdeen - Seem to have thrown a bit of money around. Players like Duk, Clarkson and Roos should see them best of the rest.

4. Hearts - Reckon their weird managerial situation will implode fairly quickly. If they get a sensible appointment in after that and get the likes of Boyce, Baningame and Halkett (I know) back fit they should have a decent season.

5. Hibs - Boyle and Yoann should be fun to watch as part of a front 3, but it's Hibs so there'll be some good ol' Hibs'ings along the way.

6. Motherwell - We're fairly solid from GK to midfield but clearly the trick will be to replace KVV's goals. We don't need to replace all 30, even 20 spread around 2-3 players will be fine. Still some work to be done in the transfer market on that front but Kettlewell has shown he can make us greater than the sum of our parts. 

7. St Mirren - Should have a decent season if they can keep hold of the likes of Strain and Baccus, but going from Carson to Hemming in goals is a big downgrade. I think a second successive top 6 finish might be a stretch too far. 

8. Killie - Should maintain their strong home form and seem to have a stronger squad that the bunch of Championship level players they were stuck with last season. A few more wins away from home and McInnes will see them fine. 

9. Dundee - The yo-yo boys to stick around for at least one more season. Quite like a few of their signings (Shaughnessy, Tiffony, Reilly) which seem too sensible for Dundee, but they've tempered this with a couple of random Mexicans. If they turn out to be half decent Dundee should be ok.

10. Ross County - White, Murray and Brophy should score enough between them to just keep them safe. Not mad on the rest of their squad, and don't like the manager.

11. Livi - A poor second half to the season last year, and Martindale is pleading poverty more than usual this early on in the season. Think their luck might run out on finding some hidden gems and they'll be in for a tough season. 

12. St Johnstone - Hung on to Davidson for too long and are stuck with an ageing, uninspiring squad. Feel like they've been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now and with a poor squad and rookie manager I think it might be their time. Doon.