Johnstone Burgh statement

• 5 months later...
On 17/07/2023 at 11:27, cmontheloknow said:

Prayers answered and a text version was provided:

This verbose bag of shite statement has went tits up big time. My team are a bad joke outfit, it's been an excruciating watch leading up to McKim's demise. Silence so far from the "owners" as to what next. Internal politics war as what to make public? Just want an honest effort from all on the park, don't pull on the jersey take the money and not give a f**k as more than a few are doing.

1 hour ago, Johnstone Castle said:

This verbose bag of shite statement has went tits up big time. My team are a bad joke outfit, it's been an excruciating watch leading up to McKim's demise. Silence so far from the "owners" as to what next. Internal politics war as what to make public? Just want an honest effort from all on the park, don't pull on the jersey take the money and not give a f**k as more than a few are doing.

Some of them didn’t try in black and white either. Not surprised how it turned out. 

You try and try not to come across as spitefully revelling in the misfortune of others, but sometimes the identity of the others leaves you little choice. Thanks for making me look petty and horrible Johnstone Burgh, hope you're satisfied.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I had a soft spot for Burgh over the years, but the whole announcing signings on the 12th july etc i think the west prem could do without that crap. 

The whole idea that the signing of Kyle Lafferty was intentionally announced on the 12th of July is a complete conspiracy, get over it!

56 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

The whole idea that the signing of Kyle Lafferty was intentionally announced on the 12th of July is a complete conspiracy, get over it!

Everyone at the Thorn friendly the night before (11/7) knew he’d been signed. 

Also when called out on afterwards, Brian said it wasn’t even announced on the 12th but the 13th! Why lie?

Regardless, even if it was not done on purpose (I believe it was and I’ve heard from a current and ex player that it was) it was clumsy and careless, because like it or not it has been viewed that way and as a result, the club are finished to a lot in the town. 

The gaslighting and misrepresentation of those who challenged it, via that abomination of a statement and subsequently on social media has been an utter disgrace.

1 hour ago, Johnstonian said:

Also when called out on afterwards, Brian said it wasn’t even announced on the 12th but the 13th! Why lie?

Regardless, even if it was not done on purpose (I believe it was and I’ve heard from a current and ex player that it was) it was clumsy and careless, because like it or not it has been viewed that way and as a result, the club are finished to a lot in the town. 

The gaslighting and misrepresentation of those who challenged it, via that abomination of a statement and subsequently on social media has been an utter disgrace.

The announcement of lafferty on the 12th of July was deliberate and total crass let's be honest.  

And everything since then has Been a disaster from Johnstone burgh and they could be the biggest failures ever per budget to not get promoted out of a league that's above average at best, nobody really dislikes clubs trying to better themselves but Johnstone burgh have been pretty much dick heads in doing so .

3 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

I heard about Lafferty to Burgh about 2 weeks before the announcement, it was actually a running joke with another lad i know who ran a podcast that ‘surely theyre not waiting for the 12th to announce it’. 
It absolutely was intentional, any revisionist nonsense suggesting it wasnt is a desperate attempt to try and appeal to the people who were disgusted by it. My wee boy is getting involved in Football in the area and it absolutely cemented that Burghs youth teams wouldnt even be considered. 

4 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Well it was a conspiracy between Lafferty and JB so in that regard you're spot on. It was such a petty, smirking, obvious wee stunt.