Glasgow United, you know who, and GCC

9 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Whatever way you try to dress it up it's still not violence , please read the definition 

You are correct but we are talking, sexual violence.

Please look up that definition.

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

I didn't say he could. I was clearly talking about Martindale. 

Ok, so why would goodwiillie admit to something if in the eyes of the law he has done nothing wrong and he feels he has commited no crime. Afaik he paid the costs after the civil case, the podcast said he went bankrupt and that was the end of it. Only 3 people really know what happened that night so im not going to speculate on something so serious.

14 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

And it's totally unfair on him has well m8 to be honest there was no case to answer yes she won through a civil court but she has even said she couldn't remember the night clearly so if she comes out now she would have to pay all the money back it's has simple has that 

The fact that you agree she cannot remember the night clearly means she could not have given consent which is why he was convicted in the Civil court.

She hasn't received a penny.

On other threads a poster claimed, completely incorrectly, that older posters hadn't got round to a new way of thinking and were generally supporting him, this was utter fucking bullshit. From what you see online it's his own age group that think he's been hard done by.

When you have your own female relations, Mother, daughter neice etc. and place them in the situation instead of Denise you'd know where I was coming from.

Anything else is a rape apologist stance.

Again, I feel so sorry for that lass, she should have a GoFundme page so that we could show support and a GIRFUY to that p***k, and, the other c**t.

Just now, F_T_Y said:

Ok, so why would goodwiillie admit to something if in the eyes of the law he has done nothing wrong and he feels he has commited no crime. Afaik he paid the costs after the civil case, the podcast said he went bankrupt and that was the end of it. Only 3 people really know what happened that night so im not going to speculate on something so serious.

Don't believe he has paid a penny.

Most sexual offenders would take to their grave that they believe they did nothing wrong.

To be blunt a sexual offence isn't as simple as physically forcing someone to perform sexual intercourse.

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

In what way do you disagree?  

The fact even her own statement does not quote any force whatsoever. She has stated rape by way of intoxication and not able to remember events, she at no time gave evidence he used force to rape her. he quotes all parties very drunk and he believed she was consenting. 
If he has knowingly raped her when she was sleeping or so intoxicated that she was even unaware he was in the room then he deserves to be locked up and key thrown away. Unfortunately we will never know the truth beyond reasonable doubt and it has came down to the fact it's her word against his 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

Well isn't this a fun thread. Maybe we need to move away from the semantics of language (particularly around violence and mental health issues - I have strong professional opinions on both but I'm keeping out of this for my own sanity) and just recognise that the guy has been found to be a rapist per civil law definitions.

It still doesn't answer the silence from Teams and WoSFL itself (as per my previous reply). Or do they wish for politicians to make their decisions for them?

4 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

The fact even her own statement does not quote any force whatsoever. She has stated rape by way of intoxication and not able to remember events, she at no time gave evidence he used force to rape her. he quotes all parties very drunk and he believed she was consenting. 
If he has knowingly raped her when she was sleeping or so intoxicated that she was even unaware he was in the room then he deserves to be locked up and key thrown away. Unfortunately we will never know the true beyond reasonable doubt and it has came down to the fact it's her word against his 

Sex is a physical act.

You haven't read the judgement, have you?  Don't answer, I don't want to engage any further.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Sex is a physical act.

You haven't read the judgement, have you?  Don't answer, I don't want to engage any further.

The judgement where one of the most senior legal office holders in the country deemed DG an unreliable witness? Yes. 
Also this idea that because someone hasnt been held down or tied up that rape somehow isnt a violent act? Honestly they should be made to go to a rape crisis awareness meeting and hear from the brave survivors of these horrible crimes first hand. 

24 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

In the eyes of the law he is a rapist. A civil court is a court of law.

He hasn't paid a penny. He declared bankruptcy to avoid paying her

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

As a father of a young man playing in Div 3. I do not want him to be put in a position where at the end of the game he will be expected to shake this persons hand.

From what I can ascertain this person has not accepted any responsibility for his reported actions or offered any remorse to the girl. 

The WOSFL has a responsibility to all the players and staff of its member clubs to allow them to play in a safe environment. A number of clubs more pertinently have female physios who have a right to expect to work in a comfortable environment.

If this person has not taken responsibilities for his actions and not undertaken any counselling then he deserves to be ostracised.

As a parent of both boys and girls if this person is still at GU I will be instructing my son not to make himself available to play against GU.

Lol