East further adventures in the Scottish Cup - 2023-24

• 3 weeks later...

Dunipace beating Irvine Meadow 2-1 is not a bad result given what the arson attack must have done to their finances. Penicuik beating Glencairn 4-2 makes it a good day for the east against the west. Armadale Thistle managing to lose 3-1 to Hermes in the other Scottish Cup is a bit of an eyeopener but guess they are one of the very top north region junior clubs.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Beith 5-1 Bonnyton Thistle
Broxburn Athletic 3-0 Lochee United
Camelon 0-0 Newtongrange Star     (aet, 4-3p)
Carluke Rovers 2-3 Dalbeattie Star      (aet, FT 2-2)
Creetown 1-3 Whitehill Welfare
Culter 3-2 Blackburn United
Cumnock 1-0 Girvan
Dunbar United 4-2 Vale of Leithen
Easthouses Lily 1-3 Threave Rovers
Fort William 1-10 (ten) Clydebank
Glenafton Athletic 0-3 Darvel
Hawick Royal Albert 1-2 Golspie Sutherland
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 0-1 Tayport
Irvine Meadow 1-2 Dunipace
Jeanfield Swifts 3-0 Cupar Hearts
Kilwinning Rangers 4-0 Glasgow University
Musselburgh Athletic 6-0 Coldstream
Newton Stewart 1-4 Luncarty
Penicuik Athletic 4-2 Rutherglen Glencairn
Pollok 2-2 Benburb     (aet, FT 2-2, 3-0p)
Preston Athletic 0-0 Dundonald Bluebell     (aet, 4-5p)
St Andrews United 1-0 Haddington Athletic
St Cuthbert Wanderers 0-5 Dalkeith Thistle
Sauchie 4-0 Burntisland Shipyard
Tynecastle 0-1 Hutchison Vale
Wigtown & Bladnoch 0-12 (twelve) Auchinleck Talbot

Superb afternoon by EOSL with standout results including Dunipace winning at West Premier side Irvine Meadow... Broxburn spanking Midland Junior leader Lochee Utd... Jeanfield seeing off Amateur Cup champions Cupar... Luncarty thumping Newtown Stewart... hot-&-cold Penicuik dispatching Rutherglen... Dalkeith battering St Cuthbert... plus Whitehill winning at SOSL leaders Creetown.

Blackburn, Hill of Beath and Hawick lost out by the odd goal in ties where they weren't fancied, and struggling Easthouses went down to Threave.

In all-East ties St Andrews shocked Haddington while Preston + Vale gave Dundonald + Dunbar scares.

What extraordinary times for Luncarty... onward to R1!

Edited by HibeeJibee

A much more comfortable day for Broxburn than I think we expected. Kept Bobby Linn pretty quiet and after a competitive 1st half, were comfortable in the 2nd after a couple of early goals. Great performance and looking forward to the draw tomorrow. 

R1:

Lowland League (16)
Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Bo'ness United, Broomhill, Caledonian Braves, Civil Service Strollers, Cowdenbeath, Cumbernauld Colts, East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh University, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Gretna 2008, Linlithgow Rose, Tranent, University of Stirling

Highland League (18)     Banks o'Dee, Brechin City, Brora Rangers, Buckie Thistle, Clachnacuddin, Deveronvale, Formartine United, Forres Mechanics, Fraserburgh, Huntly, Inverurie Loco Works, Keith, Lossiemouth, Nairn County, Rothes, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff United, Wick Academy

East of Scotland League (14)
     Premier Division (9)     Broxburn Athletic, Dunbar United, Dundonald Bluebell, Hutchison Vale, Jeanfield Swifts, Luncarty, Musselburgh Athletic, Penicuik Athletic, Sauchie
     First Division (4)     Camelon, Dunipace, St Andrews United, Whitehill Welfare
     Second Division (1)     Dalkeith Thistle

West of Scotland League (8)
     Premier Division (6)     Auchinleck Talbot, Beith, Clydebank, Cumnock, Darvel, Pollok
     First Division (1)     Kilwinning Rangers
     Third Division (1)     Threave Rovers

South of Scotland League (1)     Dalbeattie Star

North Caledonian League (1)     Golspie Sutherland

Midland Juniors (1)     Tayport

North Juniors (1)     Culter

Jeanfield were fairly comfortable against Cupar Hearts. An early penalty settled nerves and a well taken free kick out them 2-0 up at half time. They let Cupar come back into the game but were never really troubled 

A decent crowd (annoyingly so- the pies were sold out before I got one) and warm sunshine made for not a bad day out. Also the pitch is like a bowling green, the best I've seen this season so far. Hats off to the ground staff 

Camelon 0 (4) v (3) 0 Newtongrange Star

First time at The Moore Equipment Hire Stadium (will always be Carmuirs Park to me) in 14 years for me despite living locally and working a stones throw away from the stadium. 

Much change in the stadium and my son says the food is better there than TFS!! 

Game itself wasn't up to much, both keepers only had 1 or 2 saves to make each. Could tell it would finish 0-0 after about an hour so no shock when that was exactly how it finished after extra time. Camelon keeper made two good saves in the shoot out that ultimately made the difference

Guest DannyBlue

Took in the Easthouses - Threave game today. 

Threave got an early lead through a goal that, despite being well worked, was sloppily defended to make it easy. Threave's second was a fantastic stirke and the third followed, Threave were good value for the lead but Easthouses snuck a goal right before half time. Second half saw a few good adjustments and Easthouses took over a bit although I personally felt that Rovers were happy to cede possesion to the final third in which they defended well.  A keeper change for Threave after an injury and Easthouses pressing certainly gave the game a lot of excitement as I felt 1 might get 2. However on reflection it was clear the away side just defended too well and closed the game out well.

Good value for 7 quid.

Edited by DannyBlue

4 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

First time at The Moore Equipment Hire Stadium (will always be Carmuirs Park to me) in 14 years for me despite living locally and working a stones throw away from the stadium. 

Game itself wasn't up to much, both keepers only had 1 or 2 saves to make each. Could tell it would finish 0-0 after about an hour so no shock when that was exactly how it finished after extra time. Camelon keeper made two good saves in the shoot out that ultimately made the difference

Carmuirs is a thing of beauty in a midweek game as they have a variety of floodlights shining onto the pitch.

12 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

The teams had played each other a couple of weeks before and cancelled each other out. Rotten game, great result.

Glad you an your laddie enjoyed standing on a terracing in the sunshine watching a game on grass. Hope you manage another game when the Bairns are away from home, and tell your friends. ps Bairns top of the league!

Creetown were making history yesterday in their biggest ever game in gaining a licence for the Scottish Cup so was always going to be a difficult tie.

Was a game of 2 halves as much as the 1st half was fairly tight it was Creetown who went in at the break 1-0 up through a debatable penalty decision. WW came through the 2nd half in convincing style to finish the game off at 3-1.

Credit to the Creetown committee who made us feel more than welcome and were very hospitable. 

20230903_100446.jpg

Banks o'Dee v Dalbeattie Star
Bo'ness United v Darvel
Brechin City v Rothes
Broomhill v Cumbernauld Colts
Brora Rangers v Berwick Rangers
Broxburn Athletic v Nairn County
Caledonian Braves v Fraserburgh
Camelon v Civil Service Strollers
Clachnacuddin v Inverurie Loco Works
Cowdenbeath v Linlithgow Rose
Culter v Deveronvale
Dalkeith Thistle v Clydebank
Dundonald Bluebell v Kilwinning Rangers
Dunipace v Cumnock
East Kilbride v Whitehill Welfare
East Stirlingshire v Huntly
Edinburgh University v Dunbar United
Formartine United v Threave Rovers
Gala Fairydean Rovers v Strathspey Thistle
Golspie Sutherland v Forres Mechanics
Keith v Luncarty
Lossiemouth v Beith
Musselburgh Athletic v Gretna 2008
Penicuik Athletic v Pollok
St Andrews United v Auchinleck Talbot
Tayport v Buckie Thistle
Tranent v Hutchison Vale
Turriff United v Sauchie
University of Stirling v Albion Rovers
Wick Academy v Jeanfield Swifts

Very tough - drawn like magnets to quality opponents.

Dunbar, Dundonald + Musselburgh should win... Broxburn + Jeanfield good shouts... Camelon, Luncarty, Sauchie + others got fair chance.