Scottish cup draw

8 hours ago, Thesoccerguy said:

what a riddy , slagging off a club because they aren’t as mighty as the talbot , they are in the cup because maybe the boys in the team and those involved want to try their luck every year and no every year they’ll draw talbot etc , imo it’s pure ignorance slagging them off and saying they don’t deserve it or won’t be going to watch the game etc etc , would love an upset for this reason alone ( although prob unlikely ) 

Totally correct and the guy in question seems to think he's some sort of godfather on this forum   .....no wonder people are leaving here in their droves .

59 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally correct and the guy in question seems to think he's some sort of godfather on this forum   .....no wonder people are leaving here in their droves .

Thank f**k we've got you to provide endless banter and fascinating perspectives, eh?

Wigtown is a very nice corner of the country and sure to be a decent day out win lose or draw. You can stroll along the windswept beaches of the solway firth and perhaps catch a view of the peaks of the Lake District. Then back to the village for lunch and on to spend an afternoon thumbing through rare vintage and antique volumes in one of the many book shops, before proceeding to get blackout drunk on a cheap cargo and watching Talbot. 

2 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Are Dunipace decent Shannon?

I reckon a West equivalent is Rutherglen / Shotts as a mid table East of Scotland 1st Division team. I seen they drew in pre season to Hill of Beath who defeated us last season in Scottish Cup so will be no mugs.

10 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I reckon a West equivalent is Rutherglen / Shotts as a mid table East of Scotland 1st Division team. I seen they drew in pre season to Hill of Beath who defeated us last season in Scottish Cup so will be no mugs.

Last season they were a very technical side, playing out from the back,  their center forwards scored a few goals, just a little heavy but very good turning the defenders. Both full backs were young but very fast and both centre halfs were fairly mobile, (although the taller one looked  a bit hesitant when receiving ball and the whole team liked to move the ball very quickly and found them stronger attacking down the left side but unsure if same team / manager coaching staff etcc... this season as watched them at the start of season 22/23.

I would say technically better than both Rutherglen and Shotts but both Shotts and Glens are much stronger physically opponents than Dunipace

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

47 minutes ago, southerner said:

Not been south of the central belt much? Would take about the same time from Dumfries to Glasgow as Dumfries to Wigtown!!

Longer cause of all the damn tractors. Here's a saddo fact Dumfries is closer to Glasgow than it is to Stranraer by a couple miles.

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Wigtown is a very nice corner of the country and sure to be a decent day out win lose or draw. You can stroll along the windswept beaches of the solway firth and perhaps catch a view of the peaks of the Lake District. Then back to the village for lunch and on to spend an afternoon thumbing through rare vintage and antique volumes in one of the many book shops, before proceeding to get blackout drunk on a cheap cargo and watching Talbot. 

Last of the sophisticates I see. 😁😁

29 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If David Grant is still playing up top for them he will cause problems, played for Darvel for a couple of seasons, tremendous hold up play and can finish.

29 minutes ago, Shanner said:

The magic of the cup brings out the best in people. The early trips to places not normally visited should be savoured like a fine wine!

I have 4 to choose from that day. Obviously yourselves in Wigtown. Creetown, Newton Stewart and St.Cuthberts ard all at home that day. Probably won't decide until the day whom I will bless with my presence. I do love the cups.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

You never know might be in sunny Sandhead that weekend so you can give us a wave across the water of Luce Bay Not sure if Wigtown sits on Luce Bay or the SolwayFirth Who has been to Sandhead before?The village pub team were called Red Star Sandhead when they were on the go

5 minutes ago, maicoman said:

You never know might be in sunny Sandhead that weekend so you can give us a wave across the water of Luce Bay Not sure if Wigtown sits on Luce Bay or the SolwayFirth Who has been to Sandhead before?The village pub team were called Red Star Sandhead when they were on the go

The restaurant at Sandhead is amazing. Tig na Mara i think Its called. Had a brilliant meal there couple years back

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I would say technically better than both Rutherglen and Shotts but both Shotts and Glens are much stronger physically opponents than Dunipace

Presumably based on last season's Glencairn team ?

4 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

The restaurant at Sandhead is amazing. Tig na Mara i think Its called. Had a brilliant meal there couple years back

Thats the name right enough Do not think the bar has changed much in the last 200 years🤤 A great wee place Have to say that as my wife is from there

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Presumably based on last season's Glencairn team ?

You not happy with that comment Glensmad? I'm sure most comments will be based on last season about most teams as it's always hard to judge in preseason with new players coming in , players going on holiday , teams been chopped and changed so the the full squad gets minutes under their belt etc etc 

2 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Very happy with our away tie to fort William.  cannie wait 

Mon the papers

Game is being moved apparently there is a race taking place in fort willlam’s ground that day