Scottish cup draw

54 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

You not happy with that comment Glensmad? I'm sure most comments will be based on last season about most teams as it's always hard to judge in preseason with new players coming in , players going on holiday , teams been chopped and changed so the the full squad gets minutes under their belt etc etc 

I didn't say I wasn't happy, I was just wondering whether it was your assessment of last season's team or an assessment of what you may have seen of this season's squad from pre-season. Any Glens fan who attended the cup final and who hasn't been at any pre-season games will get a bit of a shock when they see the starting eleven that I think Joe will choose on Saturday. There may only be a few familiar faces to them.

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Longer cause of all the damn tractors. Here's a saddo fact Dumfries is closer to Glasgow than it is to Stranraer by a couple miles.

dumfries to stranraer 1 hr 30 min (71.9 mi) via A75 -- glasgow to dumfries 1 hr 25 min (76.5 mi) via M74

25 minutes ago, lokforever said:

dumfries to stranraer 1 hr 30 min (71.9 mi) via A75 -- glasgow to dumfries 1 hr 25 min (76.5 mi) via M74

I was just going by the mileage signs on the bypass. Thanks for showing me up and of course it would be a fellow lok. 😂😂😂😂

Of course that 1hr 30min is during the night when there are no tractors or ferry traffic on the 75. 😁

Done Shettleston to Railway Station in just over an hour many a time. More sad facts from turn off at Moffat to roundabout at 75 can be done in 12 mins. 

I know I'm a saddo.

Couldn't be educated in school, so there's no chance in hell anyone can help me in my declining years. Cheers for at least attempting to. 😆😆

On 27/07/2023 at 07:09, jimbaxters said:

Telt! 

Excuse my ignorance then but do they play at a cage or a more traditional ground? Once everything is in place for the licence, is it not just submitting annual paperwork after that.

Looks like a lovely, neat wee park. Grass and very tidy. Willing to bet that the welcome will be very warm

18 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Longer cause of all the damn tractors. Here's a saddo fact Dumfries is closer to Glasgow than it is to Stranraer by a couple miles.

They have obviously never tried to travel the length of the A75 or entered D&G via the A76 or A77. Fecking nightmare. 

A lass i see at my work teenage son has signed for Wigtown, he is looking forward to Auchinleck's visit, more than probable that he might move away from the region for work or further education, might be the biggest match he might ever play in. Even in the earlier rounds, that's the magic of the cup!

19 hours ago, glensmad said:

Presumably based on last season's Glencairn team ?

I'm hoping this is tongue in cheek, I cant imagine anyone using pre season friendly games as a gauge for their team as its during these games that a manager/coaching staff are trying to get his team match fit and seeing how they all gel together to figure out the right partnerships etc...

My post was what I thought of the team in question when i watched them last season and I compared them to a level or Rutherglen and Shotts as I watched both teams last season.
Quite simply when it came to technical ability of the complete team last season, I'd say that Dunipace looked superior compared to both Shotts and Rutherglen but Shotts and Glens are physically stronger.  Does this mean that Dunipace would win hands down, certainly not, i think if Dunipace played both teams last season it would be anyone's guess who would win.  I think they were on a par with each other.  How will it be this coming season, I haven't a fecking clue. 

I even get the impression there will be quite a few teams playing tomorrow who wont have their full squad back, with players either suspended or still on holiday so ti will be a n interesting couple of weeks with Saturday and midweek games coming up fast

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm hoping this is tongue in cheek, I cant imagine anyone using pre season friendly games as a gauge for their team as its during these games that a manager/coaching staff are trying to get his team match fit and seeing how they all gel together to figure out the right partnerships etc...

My post was what I thought of the team in question when i watched them last season and I compared them to a level or Rutherglen and Shotts as I watched both teams last season.
Quite simply when it came to technical ability of the complete team last season, I'd say that Dunipace looked superior compared to both Shotts and Rutherglen but Shotts and Glens are physically stronger.  Does this mean that Dunipace would win hands down, certainly not, i think if Dunipace played both teams last season it would be anyone's guess who would win.  I think they were on a par with each other.  How will it be this coming season, I haven't a fecking clue. 

I even get the impression there will be quite a few teams playing tomorrow who wont have their full squad back, with players either suspended or still on holiday so ti will be a n interesting couple of weeks with Saturday and midweek games coming up fast

A simple "yes" would have been enough. 🤣

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

A simple "yes" would have been enough. 🤣

Not really, I like to cover all bases as some people like to think they are in the right and that everyone agrees with them, so its good to put your point across to make sure people know where you stand and what you think,  I know I do 😶 🤣🤣

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 27/07/2023 at 20:24, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its not a part of the world ive spent a lot of time in, however I fully support them in their next cup game. All the best to them, they fully deserve their place. 

If your up at Golspie I hope you get bitten by a haggis

12 hours ago, beaver watch said:

If your up at Golspie I hope you get bitten by a haggis

Ach naw the haggis are timid wee beasties. 

They only attack if they feel threatened.

On 28/07/2023 at 07:49, HorseyGhirl said:

I was just going by the mileage signs on the bypass. Thanks for showing me up and of course it would be a fellow lok. 😂😂😂😂

Of course that 1hr 30min is during the night when there are no tractors or ferry traffic on the 75. 😁

Done Shettleston to Railway Station in just over an hour many a time. More sad facts from turn off at Moffat to roundabout at 75 can be done in 12 mins. 

I know I'm a saddo.

Dick Turpin did York to London in four hours..........on a horse.

Just now, PossilYM said:

Dick Turpin did York to London in four hours..........on a horse.

Aye but did he have to negotiate any tractors or ferry traffic.

I think not my good man. 😉😉

Also being an experienced horse handler these days. 200+ miles on a horse, that is animal cruelty of the highest order. 😱😱

Been to any games lately; I see your fave weans are at home the nite. Was at Star v Saints last night.

Saints look a good few levels below others in SOS this year.

I find it comforting the rumble of the non stop multi coloured lit up lorries through the night on the A75. Being a big city person you forget we're all at the end of a supply chain stretching from the Far East to your door. I sat and counted a lorry going West along the A75 through Springholm every 5 minutes during the early hours. Strange to see the bulk of Northern Ireland's service economy passing by in the night.

Football, two games on Sunday afternoon. Last night EK Thistle v Easterhouse FA. I'll look for something tonight somewhere in greater Glasgow.

51 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I find it comforting the rumble of the non stop multi coloured lit up lorries through the night on the A75. Being a big city person you forget we're all at the end of a supply chain stretching from the Far East to your door. I sat and counted a lorry going West along the A75 through Springholm every 5 minutes during the early hours. Strange to see the bulk of Northern Ireland's service economy passing by in the night.

Football, two games on Sunday afternoon. Last night EK Thistle v Easterhouse FA. I'll look for something tonight somewhere in greater Glasgow.

Quite the little wordsmith. 

Aye the Irish lorries. They don't appear to be able to be driven at 40mph. 

The 75 is their personal race track.

No games this weekend; horse stuff both days.

Looking to get to Kilsyth A v Lesmahagow on the 12th. Unless I get invited to a shoot of course. 😂