Scottish cup draw

Talbot couldn't have hand picked an easier draw and still some of their fans moan 😂.  I wish we got Wigtown instead of a potential banana skin in Dunipace.

Try being Glenafton first time in Scottish Cup for years and they get Darvel while Beith get a right tough tie against Carnoustie away. Could be a lot worse. If a wasted Saturday then don't go but it's a nice draw to get use into 1st Round without too much trouble.

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Talbot couldn't have hand picked an easier draw and still some of their fans moan 😂.  I wish we got Wigtown instead of a potential banana skin in Dunipace.

Try being Glenafton first time in Scottish Cup for years and they get Darvel while Beith get a right tough tie against Carnoustie away. Could be a lot worse. If a wasted Saturday then don't go but it's a nice draw to get use into 1st Round without too much trouble.

Yes, you are right. I retract my earlier comments.

You are also right that I won't be going though

3 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Same tier as Talbot, unlikely to win, but that’s the glamour of the cup. If Talbot were drawn against either of the OF would you call that a waste of time JB?

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

The quicker Talbot eff off to the Lowland League the better.

My comments have nothing to do with Talbot or the fact that they have been drawn together, hence the "IMO". I have made them before on the forum about W&B. As far as I can see (Googling) they have never won a SC match and invariably lose heavily. Therefore they don't contribute to the competition except for being in the draw. Again IMO it's a waste of time and money.

There will be posters who know much more about them and there history. How long have they had a licence and how did it come about?

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

My comments have nothing to do with Talbot or the fact that they have been drawn together, hence the "IMO". I have made them before on the forum about W&B. As far as I can see (Googling) they have never won a SC match and invariably lose heavily. Therefore they don't contribute to the competition except for being in the draw. Again IMO it's a waste of time and money.

There will be posters who know much more about them and there history. How long have they had a licence and how did it come about?

Let’s just scrap it and let Rangers play Celtic every round as a best of 7. I mean the national stadium has ends names after then, so we are half way there….

Wigtown have earned the right to have their name in the draw.Previous posters are now comparing Talbot v Hearts and v the O.F. Any team who draw a premier league team have won the right to be there by winning on the park. The two scenarios are not comparable.

17 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Let’s just scrap it and let Rangers play Celtic every round as a best of 7. I mean the national stadium has ends names after then, so we are half way there….

Where are you getting that from what I've said? Have W&B ever won a match in the competition?

Edited by jimbaxters

11 minutes ago, happy said:

Wigtown have earned the right to have their name in the draw.Previous posters are now comparing Talbot v Hearts and v the O.F. Any team who draw a premier league team have won the right to be there by winning on the park. The two scenarios are not comparable.

In what way have they earned it?

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In what way have they earned it?

By their club putting in the incredible amount of work required each year to first of all be awarded their club licence and then to retain it at its annual review. There are far too many people on here with absolutely no concept of the amount of work involved.

Have W&B ever won a match in the competition?

Wigtown & Bladnoch have also appeared in the Scottish Cup on 14 occasions but their only moment of glory was in January 1952 when they defeated Scottish Football League club Montrose 2–1 at Links Park, Montrose. The club played Dundee at home in the second round and were defeated 7–1, although Dundee did go on to play Motherwell in the final that season

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

By their club putting in the incredible amount of work required each year to first of all be awarded their club licence and then to retain it at its annual review. There are far too many people on here with absolutely no concept of the amount of work involved.

Telt! 

Excuse my ignorance then but do they play at a cage or a more traditional ground? Once everything is in place for the licence, is it not just submitting annual paperwork after that.

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

This. I know from the people at Lochee United, and people at other clubs in the area going for a license, how much work is involved. It's quite an achievement that a club as small as them manage to do it. They have every right to be in this competition. And the beauty of the cup is that small sides get to play big sides. In this case, Talbot are the big side while W&B are the small side.

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Telt! 

Excuse my ignorance then but do they play at a cage or a more traditional ground? Once everything is in place for the licence, is it not just submitting annual paperwork after that.

The annual paperwork, the updating of training courses, the sessions which require attending throughout the season to keep the annual paperwork valid and relevant, the constant updating of policy documents, the liaising with and getting official reports for local authorities and other external agencies and business to provide evidence of continuing compliance - I could go on and on and on - the stadium facilities is only a relatively small section of the work, the vast majority of the Licensing compliance work is unseen by regular supporters and done quietly in the background by very dedicated volunteers who thoroughly deserve to enjoy moments like yesterday when they see their team's name in the draw.

55 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Where are you getting that from what I've said? Have W&B ever won a match in the competition?

And how do they ever improve that record if going by your ‘rules’ they are not allowed to play in it. 

Admit it’s a ridiculous comment and stop doubling down.  

There are less than 900 folk in the area. They achieved their SFA Licence in 2015 in believe. Trammondford is a traditional grass park. They struggle year in year out and do their best to keep this community club alive.

I would encourage Talbot fans to travel down as the extra monies this game will generate will mean a lot to the club.

We are lucky to have all these local clubs covering the country, filled with hard working people who are proud of their club and it's part in their community.

Don't look down on them from your ivory towers; celebrate and support local football.

As a footnote meet Talbot fans who live down here at midweek games. Travelling from one end of the region to the other to support local football. Great people who love their football and having a blether.

39 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Telt! 

jb stop digging mate. i know you live away. I just wish you could see the amount of their own time men, women and kids put into their clubs down here.

Some of the crowds for villages of less than 1000 folk is wonderful to see.

But still way too many folk travel to Glesca every week. If a game like this gets even a couple of locals to attend regularly and even help out then it will have been a successful outing.

#go local

For all the stick W&B get they've been able to keep their SFA membership after licencing was introduced. There's now a 100+ unlicenced clubs in the pyramid that would probably be favoured if they ever played. Yet it's unlikely to be in the Scottish Cup unless they catch up off the field.

There should be more W&Bs in the Scottish Cup not fewer. Which is why it was so good to see Creetown and Carluke Rovers get their licences. Nobody would expect them to cause much trouble in the competition. 

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

The quicker Talbot eff off to the Lowland League the better.

As succinct as ever.

I would have taken a page and a half to say basically the same. 😂😂