Arbroath v Dundee United - Friday 4th August 2023

31 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Looking forward to this  where’s best to park ? 

Was disinterested in the cup games, for me it’s all about promotion. Lots of encouraging chat about an actual team of footballers working together so fingers crossed it’s United that do that and not Arbroath. 2-1 United. 

Don't go near the front, head up to the hospital, if early enough you'll get in the car park, if not plenty of side streets, then just a stroll down the hill.

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't go near the front, head up to the hospital, if early enough you'll get in the car park, if not plenty of side streets, then just a stroll down the hill.

Thank you.

Aye that’s right, arrive early and park in the hospital car park

6 minutes ago, ecto said:

Aye that’s right, arrive early and park in the hospital car park

Not like it's a high emergency a&e, and if your that desperate to get into it, you can park right at the door. For your ear clinic appointment or whatever.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not like it's a high emergency a&e, and if your that desperate to get into it, you can park right at the door. For your ear clinic appointment or whatever.

Thank you.

No clinics going on in the evening, only smack bang in the middle of visiting times, but hey, be like this guy or be a thoughtful parker 

18 minutes ago, ecto said:

No clinics going on in the evening, only smack bang in the middle of visiting times, but hey, be like this guy or be a thoughtful parker 

Fair enough, you climb down off your high horse, and DAB's don't park in the car park.

Thank you.

United selling out the allocation hoping for a good start has potential for us to sneak a win and send the United fans home raging. 

but then again thinking sensibly I feel our defensive frailty will cost us and United will win. I don’t think it will be a big win maybe 1-2/3 with a late goal to kill it off. 

looking forward to a packed gayf and being on the tele and getting the league business underway. 

13 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Excellent advice all round there. Ta.  I’ll try to get there really early and pick up some smokies as well maybe a fish supper before the game too.    All the delights that Arbroath can offer.

Still fancy a United win. 

The miniature railway’s closed.

13 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Excellent advice all round there. Ta.  I’ll try to get there really early and pick up some smokies as well.  

maybe a fish supper before the game too.    All the delights that Arbroath can offer.

Park in the streets up and around the hospital. There is also an absolute acre behind the home end that gets used for match day parking, but please follow the etiquette for getting out after the game.

Your neighbours from across the road turned it into the wild Wild West when departing making it an absolute fuckin free for all shambles that took forever. 

9 hours ago, ecto said:

We will probably line up in a 4-2-3-1 formation, toss up between McKenna or MacIntosh who will play centre of the 3

I know I’ve said I’d prefer McKenna but the way Dick is with the way he manages I wouldn’t be surprised to see the exact same side that started against Montrose with ToB back in for Gold. 

Think Dick likes to just vibe and take a gamble so maybe it’ll pay off who knows. 4-4 fucking 2 with 2 big quick lads who will get stuck in might be the way to go 

Although I’d be very worried about us defensively if that happened. Suppose we will see

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Park in the streets up and around the hospital. There is also an absolute acre behind the home end that gets used for match day parking, but please follow the etiquette for getting out after the game.

Your neighbours from across the road turned it into the wild Wild West when departing making it an absolute fuckin free for all shambles that took forever. 

If you are parking on the grass behind the home end, don’t block the entrances,

thank you 

This whole parking thing is confusing me.  I’ve parked at Gayfield* a number of times over the years and cannot recall any problems.

* autocorrect on iPad wants to change this to Garfield!

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

This whole parking thing is confusing me.  I’ve parked at Gayfield* a number of times over the years and cannot recall any problems.

* autocorrect on iPad wants to change this to Garfield!

Just park behind the home end of Gayf, no fees, but don’t block entrances, loads of parking there, literally 5 mins max to the ground if that.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The place was already the 'wild west' before we showed up Swankie.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Excellent advice all round there. Ta.  I’ll try to get there really early and pick up some smokies as well.  

maybe a fish supper before the game too.    All the delights that Arbroath can offer.

The outdoor bathing pool's cracking this time of year

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Standard for those fcking cowboys