Queens v Alloa

We are back again hopefully we get off to a better start than last season.

Had a decent Viaplay Cup now to step it up for the main event .

Good to see Church and Gibson make the bench at Queens Park but we will still be without Wilson Doherty and Brydon .

51 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Had a decent Viaplay Cup now to step it up for the main event .

Good to see Church and Gibson make the bench at Queens Park but we will still be without Wilson Doherty and Brydon .

Good to know. We'll give the physios the week off then, if you've decided who will be fit and who won't by Monday morning.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wonder if the sign will get updated by Saturday.  

Maybe it's just going to be left until our next game actually is against Kelty.  

Has it not been fixed yet? I know Dan spoke to the people who do it who said they'd been on holiday but would sort it out.

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Nothing wrong with the start last season. Were we not a goal up in 2mins and thought we canter the league again. It was after the start that things fell apart

47 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Nothing wrong with the start last season. Were we not a goal up in 2mins and thought we canter the league again. It was after the start that things fell apart

Our immediate start was indeed pretty positive.  We were already struggling by the time we got awarded a penalty with ten minutes left though.  It was then that the wheels really came off.

I think we took something like 5 points from our first 6 games.  It was a start we were unable to fully recover from, despite finishing strongly.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Doesn't get much easier that QotS away.

Alloa to play shite, but sneak a barely deserved 2-1 win.

The Doonhammers away in the Borders is a notoriously difficult fixture. 

On a more serious note and regardless of result, we really need to see at least a much improved performance after the shambles of the League Cup. 

Edited by Waspie

On 31/07/2023 at 11:19, Monkey Tennis said:

No, still the same.

They've clearly been on the holiday of a lifetime.

Was over at Palmerston this afternoon.  The sign has still not been changed.  Not sure why we need a 3rd party to do something so simple.  On another note I was there to pick up my season ticket card.  The email said they were open to 430 all week, at 330 the office/shop was all closed up.  Unprofessional.

However, back to football matters.  Hopefully we can continue in the same vein from Saturday.  If we can manage this we should be ok.  Alloa usually make it difficult for us though and I expect this Saturday to be no different.

17 hours ago, Katboy said:

Was over at Palmerston this afternoon.  The sign has still not been changed.  Not sure why we need a 3rd party to do something so simple.  

Yes, still the same tonight.

I know that in the scheme of things, it's not that vital.  I don't imagine for a moment that it'll have any measurable impact on our crowds.  It's much more important that we sign a front player who apparently should be over 7 feet tall, and looking for a fight.

However, just as pot holes have the capacity to be annoying, and to create a rotten impression, so does a sustained failure to perform this most basic of tasks.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 hours ago, Katboy said:

Was over at Palmerston this afternoon.  The sign has still not been changed.  Not sure why we need a 3rd party to do something so simple.  On another note I was there to pick up my season ticket card.  The email said they were open to 430 all week, at 330 the office/shop was all closed up.  Unprofessional.

However, back to football matters.  Hopefully we can continue in the same vein from Saturday.  If we can manage this we should be ok.  Alloa usually make it difficult for us though and I expect this Saturday to be no different.

Er, because the club are not printers or sign writers? Are you suggesting they should write it on felt tip on a bit of folded paper and sellotape it up?

Dan was at Sanquhar dealing with the Soccer Camp due to a couple of coach call offs. Stacey's on holiday. Perhaps Steph had to step out if she was the only one there. It happens unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, because the club are not printers or sign writers? Are you suggesting they should write it on felt tip on a bit of folded paper and sellotape it up?

It would still be better than having the wrong details up! 😀

24 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

It would still be better than having the wrong details up! 😀

Can we just forget about the sign. It’s not going to affect our attendances. I wouldn’t mind if we just got rid of it. 

I had cause yo ring Palmerston twice this week and was dealt with politely and efficiently. If someone went across town though we should have been open til 4.30. 

Having seen the last 3 games I think we are improving each time. Marv is doing a great job. We look fitter, better organised and are padding well. Of the new signings Mimnaugh has looked terrific. My one worry is goal threat, provoked by that terrible goal shy East Fife game. We need to sign 2 good quality forwards from somewhere.  1 a big physical forward and one a goal scorer at this level. If we don’t do this and soon we may struggle. It’s imperative we get off to a fast start. Defence is 100 percent better and midfield looks strong, and that’s us with Gibson, Wilson, Brydon and Church to step in. I’m really looking forward to Saturday but edgy on the goals for front.  

Just now, HighlandQueen said:

Can we just forget about the sign. It’s not going to affect our attendances. I wouldn’t mind if we just got rid of it. 

I had cause yo ring Palmerston twice this week and was dealt with politely and efficiently. If someone went across town though we should have been open til 4.30. 

Having seen the last 3 games I think we are improving each time. Marv is doing a great job. We look fitter, better organised and are padding well. Of the new signings Mimnaugh has looked terrific. My one worry is goal threat, provoked by that terrible goal shy East Fife game. We need to sign 2 good quality forwards from somewhere.  1 a big physical forward and one a goal scorer at this level. If we don’t do this and soon we may struggle. It’s imperative we get off to a fast start. Defence is 100 percent better and midfield looks strong, and that’s us with Gibson, Wilson, Brydon and Church to step in. I’m really looking forward to Saturday but edgy on the goals for front.  

Oops passing well

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dan was at Sanquhar dealing with the Soccer Camp due to a couple of coach call offs. Stacey's on holiday. Perhaps Steph had to step out if she was the only one there. It happens unfortunately.

Flippant response as expected. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Flippant response as expected. 

Call it what you will, its a fact. Its a football club with 4 non footballing employees. Its plain daft to not understand why applying graphics to a sign isnt something they can do themselves. There's a signwriting company paid to deal with it. Clearly they've not done it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

8 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

My one worry is goal threat, provoked by that terrible goal shy East Fife game. We need to sign 2 good quality forwards from somewhere.  1 a big physical forward and one a goal scorer at this level. If we don’t do this and soon we may struggle. 

We're in the same boat. Sounds like Saturday could be a 0-0.

I'll be interested to see who Rice puts in goal. Haven't seen a lot of Ogayi but he's looked the better option from what I've seen of him. In fact, Rice usually makes a few interesting selections most games