Queens v Alloa

34 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Painful. Never appreciated how well worked Alloa's 3rd and 4th goals were. The 3rd came as a result of Logan passing it out for the throw in but the work after it was really good from Alloa. The 4th they did what QoS should have been doing today - sharp quick passes to cut the opposition open. Two really good goals tbh. 

40 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Points to take from those highlights.

Well deserved win for Alloa.  
Both of the McKays are woeful.

We remain a joke defensively but playing Ambrose might mitigate against that. 
We remain lightweight and easy to play against. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Big Efe has played 90 mins v East Fife, 70mins v Queens Park and 45mins v Alloa. We havent conceded a single goal while he has been on the pitch. Just saying like….

Fair enough that Ambrose steadied us a bit defensively today but it should be taken into account that Alloa had a commanding lead when he came on and they weren't maybe pressing as much as they had been in the first half. Whether it would have made a difference if he'd been on from the start we'll never know. As for discussions about McGuffie, I thought he as one of the few players who looked like making something happen when attacking second half and was a bit surprised he was hooked. The introduction of Gibson however injected a bit of life into us and helped us finish strongly. Cochrane has been solid in the League Cup games but he was poor today, and with Todd also having a bit of a 'mare at times the midfield was very weak. Deserved win for Alloa it has to be said, played with the energy and commitment that we sadly lacked for most of the game. 

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We remain a joke defensively. 

McKay's missed his calling as a striker going by the equaliser though.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We remain a joke defensively. 

Aye I've absolutely no idea what our McKay was doing with the equaliser. I really can't figure out what on earth he thought cushioning the ball down there was going to achieve. Ridiculous. 

I know Ambrose is being discussed but for me we really need to get Brydon back ASAP. Our best CB IMO. 

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I've absolutely no idea what our McKay was doing with the equaliser. I really can't figure out what on earth he thought cushioning the ball down there was going to achieve. Ridiculous. 

I know Ambrose is being discussed but for me we really need to get Brydon back ASAP. Our best CB IMO. 

No question. Brydon looks like he actually enjoys defending. That looks like a step too far for most of our other defenders. 
We need to deal with the absence of Brydon though. We singularly failed to do that today. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Our defending is hilariously bad. What an absolutely pathetic first half from Paul McKay. The lack of desire to try and stop Sammon heading in the third is unforgivable. Bartley has to carry the can for some of that defensive shitshow and leaving Ambrose out. 

Also, just stop football if penalties are getting given for our third goal. Obviously it hits his hand but the Alloa player is a yard away with his hand by his side. Been daylight robbery if we got anything from that game. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not sure what stage Brydon's recovery is at, and agree he's our best cb, but we don't want to rush him back before he's absolutely fit. Bartley's got to get his defence sorted in the meantime or displays like 1st half yesterday could easily be repeated. 

28 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Our defending is hilariously bad. What an absolutely pathetic first half from Paul McKay. The lack of desire to try and stop Sammon heading in the third is unforgivable. Bartley has to carry the can for some of that defensive shitshow and leaving Ambrose out. 

Also, just stop football if penalties are getting given for our third goal. Obviously it hits his hand but the Alloa player is a yard away with his hand by his side. Been daylight robbery if we got anything from that game. 

Agree. The handball law is a complete nonsense. Goals for nothing.

Super pleased for Rodden. Love his energy and the way we pressurise defences when he’s playing. Totally unsettles defences and often results in us gaining possession. 
He does get a bit of stick from certain folk but for me there’s a player in there and he knows the way to goal. 
First season in professional football last season, came in scored plenty before a lull and then injury. 
We looked like a different team from the Ayr Utd game. Hopefully we can keep up the press, tempo and goals but cut out the silly mistakes at the back. I’d leave the defence alone and let them gel properly and keep Ogayi between the sticks. (hopefully not badly injured-any info on this?)

I feared a kicking after last week, so this was a very pleasant surprise. Same team next week to pump Stirling 👍

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Not sure what stage Brydon's recovery is at, and agree he's our best cb, but we don't want to rush him back before he's absolutely fit. Bartley's got to get his defence sorted in the meantime or displays like 1st half yesterday could easily be repeated. 

Crikey. I was too angry to write much yesterday. 

Just watched the low lights from yesterday. As I said down to two things, defence and Todd. 

Every bit as bad as our worst defending last season. Soft, terrible marking and schoolboy errors. MacKay I thought had looked more poised this season. Yesterday he was hapless. Sorry but given the fine margins in getting into the playoffs we can’t have that. Similarly Logan is not a left back and it showed. I felt for McLelland as he had a decent second half beside Ambrose. Houston was a blameless character in the charade. Looked much better when Efe came on but does he have the legs for a full season. I thought Church was very good and thank god we have Brydon to come in. 

Sadly Todd again displayed his patchy form. He looked tired and off it. I think we have better. 

Of the others Mimnaugh and Reilly looked good and Gibson really gave us energy, skill and threat. He must come back in as should Wilson. 

Connolly and McKechnie have a role but very lightweight. 

As for McGuffie…I can see why we signed him as he is a neat player. I just think he is a bit meh. No pace, can only use trickery to beat a man and occasional goal. Pretty much the verdict of a Falkirk pal of mine. I’m not into the big hate on him but I don’t have high hopes. 

I’m fearful of the potentially limited contribution of Walker ( flashes but didn’t do much again), can he adapt; Ross Irving ( I just don’t rate him) and the ghost that is Doherty ( none of his previous fans liked him) and so they might end up as empty jerseys. 

I see what Marv is trying to do with good passing from the back but unless we can execute well ( see yesterday) or can be much quicker up the park with real movement from midfield and forwards it will be easy for the opposition to nullify us by fouling or getting men behind the ball. 

Glad to hear 2 coming in this week as felt for Gav getting kicked in the air all the time. A couple of forwards in for me and anybody that toughens us up in midfield or the back. 

As for Alloa, we got suck in today again. Wholehearted, aggressive team that “compete” well. Experienced old head manager and 50 fans that love to wind us up. 

I still feel we have a potentially great manager and ability to at least make the playoffs but yesterday can’t happen again. We need to learn and get it right quick otherwise we are all going to have less than happy Saturday evenings. 

48 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Glad to hear 2 coming in this week as felt for Gav getting kicked in the air all the time. A couple of forwards in for me and anybody that toughens us up in midfield or the back. 

Where have you seen this? 

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Where have you seen this? 

Marv said it at the q and a at the pre match sponsors gig in hospitality. He also said there would be some casualties that would move in from the current squad. Obviously not time and place to ask him more. 

Just now, HighlandQueen said:

Marv said it at the q and a at the pre match sponsors gig in hospitality. He also said there would be some casualties that would move in from the current squad. Obviously not time and place to ask him more. 

Oops casualties that will move on not move in