Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised at how within ourselves we've played rather than their being a gulf in class.

You play within yourself when you're chasing shadows, not being able to keep the ball and are unable to lay a glove on your opponents. All of the above caused by a huge gulf in class that nobody can deny.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Yup. Much like the "take bodies!" comments on here. They should know better but have been more worried about self preservation on an individual level. Looks all change now, serious contenders for every competition for the next while I reckon.

Their biggest issue is still Southgate who will continue to go down the cautious route against the better teams.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

They have just brought on Maguire who’s only real quality is winning the ball in the air, so we have reverted to passing the ball back to our keeper to send long balls up to Adams and McTominay against Maguire. f**k me talk about playing into their hands.

Edited by AJF

Just now, Derry Alli said:

I understand the "oooo whey" if folk are making mistakes. Their passing it around our players under enormous pressure. Can they give it a rest, you're basically Òle'ing your own squad you idiots.

I thought it was England fans doing that, at first. 

Even Maguire would be a fixture in our team.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We're too passive in competing for the ball here. Again, I don't blame them really. It's a friendly, but you have to go in harder if you want to compete with these teams

We chased the ball like headless chickens and they passed through McGinn and McGregor with ease.

It's weird how much of a banter figure Harry Maguire has become. Aye, he's pretty shit for Man United but he's just a very basic, rough and tumble defender that's mid-Premier League level. 

He's basically a considerably better version of Grant Hanley.

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Really disappointed in our midfield 4 so far.

Just haven't got into the game at all. 

It's reminiscent of the Ukraine game - some players haven't turned up at all - like the occasion and hype has been too much for them.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh