Injuries

1 minute ago, Steve Carrella said:

For the love of God,  if Doak was so far off being fit why on earth was he picked?Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Either there’s been an aggravation or the Scotland medical staff have taken a more pessimistic view of his fitness levels compared to what he told them before the squad was announced.

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

Either there’s been an aggravation or the Scotland medical staff have taken a more pessimistic view of his fitness levels compared to what he told them before the squad was announced.

It sounded like the former.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Clarke said last night there had been a ‘little reaction’ to the couple of days he trained 

Edited by Fratelli

Assuming that's it now in terms of the squad, with just a keeper dropping out, you'd say we've probably ended up one attacker short of where we'd like to be. I think he would have taken both Doak and Forrest as options to change it off the bench and now we've only got one of them. Obviously he'll have the two forwards plus guys like Armstrong and McLean who are definitely capable enough of creating things, but it's a shame we've lost that wee bit of dynamism.

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Clarke said last night there had been a ‘little reaction’ to the couple of days he trained 

Also said he hoped he would be fit for Friday night, so assuming the “little reaction” was worse than initially thought. 

Just now, craigkillie said:

Assuming that's it now in terms of the squad, with just a keeper dropping out, you'd say we've probably ended up one attacker short of where we'd like to be. I think he would have taken both Doak and Forrest as options to change it off the bench and now we've only got one of them. Obviously he'll have the two forwards plus guys like Armstrong and McLean who are definitely capable enough of creating things, but it's a shame we've lost that wee bit of dynamism.

Players in their most common positions for us:

Goalkeepers: Gunn, Gordon, Clark (3)

Wing backs: Robertson, Ralston, Taylor, McCrorie (4)

Centre backs: Tierney, Hendry, Hanley, Porteous, McKenna, Souttar, Cooper (7)

Holding midfielders: Callum McGregor, Billy Gilmour, Kenny McLean, Ryan Jack (4)

Attacking midfielders/wingers: John McGinn, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie, Stuart Armstrong, James Forrest (5)

Centre Forwards: Che Adams, Lawrence Shankland, Tommy Conway (3)

I agree that it’s light in attacking areas, especially when I’ve somewhat generously included McTominay as one of the further forward options and also Christie and McGinn have mainly played deeper this year. We seriously need Che Adams to hit form at the right time.

3 hours ago, SlayerX said:

And expect a player to cut his holiday short

I'd cut my right leg short to be in a major tournament squad, and I suspect most players on the fringe of a call up would think similarly.

Is it still forbidden to mention R**n G***d on here?.. a fast, skillful, versatile player in good form and scoring and creating for his club. 

People bring up the league he’s playing in but i think that’s a pretty archaic view at this point, and when you consider all the Scottish Premiership players in the squad. 

He’ll obviously just bring Liam Kelly but having watched Gauld play many a time over the years it’s still pretty baffling to me that he’s never even had a look in at all. 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Stevie Clark has made an absolute arse of this squad.

For all of the fucks of all of the sakes mate. Is everything ok at home? You thrash about forums like somethings up. Chill. Enjoy. If it’s not to be for Scotland this summer then it’s not to be. If you took an eccy an hour before kick off against Germany you’d still be the most depressed and negative person in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

For all of the fucks of all of the sakes mate. Is everything ok at home? You thrash about forums like somethings up. Chill. Enjoy. If it’s not to be for Scotland this summer then it’s not to be. If you took an eccy an hour before kick off against Germany you’d still be the most depressed and negative person in Scotland.

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

I’d like if we brought in another wide option besides Forrest, than taking either 7 centre backs or 4 keepers. But history suggests we won’t. No point losing the head over it.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

Is it still forbidden to mention R**n G***d on here?.. a fast, skillful, versatile player in good form and scoring and creating for his club. 

People bring up the league he’s playing in but i think that’s a pretty archaic view at this point, and when you consider all the Scottish Premiership players in the squad. 

He’ll obviously just bring Liam Kelly but having watched Gauld play many a time over the years it’s still pretty baffling to me that he’s never even had a look in at all. 

I don't think he's really fast or versatile, not at this sort of level. He'd be playing as an attacking midfielder and that's it.

He's skilful and creative, but has only really had a single season at any sort of decent level, and even then his club got relegated even if he did well personally. He'd be having to displace McGinn, McTominay, Christie, Ferguson and Armstrong in his position, all of whom have had far better careers at far higher levels than he has, which is why he hasn't had a look in. Obviously there's a tiny bit more of a case for him now, but in reality he would simply be a slightly worse but different version of what we have I think.

There are currently 27 players in the squad, so someone, presumably a goalkeeper, is still getting cut.