St Mirren V Dundee

I was particularly impressed by Hemming giving it big licks to the Dundee boys at the end and one stupid looking wee fanny of a boy jumping the barrier before realising he had a clear run at the keeper... no stewards stopping him and he absolutely shat his pants in front of all his pals and slinked back over the barrier. 

Badge oot though, eh? What a ticket 😂

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We certainly will be the whipping boys of the league if we put in many more of those first half performances.

We got you, bro.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not gonna get involved too much with the mudslinging either way.

We certainly will be the whipping boys of the league if we put in many more of those first half performances. Second half was much improved whether that was down to us switching to a back 4 or St Mirren developing a complacency issue as further evidenced by last week as well is neither here nor there, the fact is, we looked the better side but still worryingly couldn't create too much. 

I think if we get a suitable midfielder in to pair off with Boateng, switch to a back 4 and bring in another attacking option instead of resorting to Zak Rudden then we will certainly have a fairly decent shout of staying up what with the likes of Portales and French hopefully being back soon to strengthen our back line. I mean, playing Ashcroft as a LCB that has to cover for a marauding attacking wing back that isn't very good defensively in Beck is tactical suicide. Really liking Shaughnessy but his long throw seems to be another Liam Fontaine situation in that it's got more hype than it deserves - it's certainly nothing special but cracking defender nonetheless.

As for St Mirren, very pacy team and good on the counterattack. Was particularly impressed by McMenamin. Thought he gave Beck an absolute torrid time that he hopefully learns from. Mandron was better than his terrible reputation suggests and won a fair few battles against our very imposing aerial CH in Ashcroft which is a feat (even if Ashcroft is altogether rubbish otherwise). Wish we'd troubled Hemming a bit more as he did look a bit shaky at times although had a couple of excellent takes near the end.

Result was about fair. Could have easily went in at the break a couple of more goals down and whilst I thought we were the better team second half, I think St Mirren did more than enough in the first that it probably should have been done by then which ultimately it was.

All the best until the next binfire thread between us lads.

Well balanced objective post.

Jay Z Applause GIF

Dundee were largely awful and yet could easily have come away with a point there. For some bizarre reason we’re playing a 3 CB formation despite only having one half decent CB at the club. Hopefully we start playing Tiffoney and McCowan high and wide from the start next game. 

For all the bravado on here, St Mirren aren’t much cop either.  Probably on a similar level to Motherwell from what I’ve seen so far. A bit more streetwise than us certainly and McMenamin was a handful. 

Long season ahead for us if TD continues with this park the bus, conservative 3-5-2 malarky.

Tiffoney changed the game when he came on, which made for a far better second half from us. But it still wasn’t quite enough. 

First proper experience of VAR. Waiting for them to check our goal was pish and isn’t football. 

Strange penalty. Nobody seemed to appeal for it. But awful kick. Our penalty recent penalty record must be one of the worst ever. 

Think a draw would've been fair, McCowan with an easy chance on his left, with the keeper to beat was a bad miss, in a second half we dominated. St Mirren decent side, but certain individuals in the support need to calm the f**k down.

Thank you.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think a draw would've been fair, McCowan with an easy chance on his left, with the keeper to beat was a bad miss, in a second half we dominated. St Mirren decent side, but certain individuals in the support need to calm the f**k down.

Thank you.

Can't agree with you Mozza- we could easily have been 4 or 5 up at half time.

A learning curve for the Dees.

On 07/08/2023 at 08:47, Dundee-FC92 said:

This will make a change, the Paisley mob outnumbering us on their home turf.

For as long as I can remember the Derry away following has outnumbered the Paisley.

Should be a good game. 

Thank you.

On 07/08/2023 at 10:28, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Always the same shite banter when we play these jumped up weegies.

Thank you.

On 08/08/2023 at 18:04, Steve_Wilkos said:

Dear Glasgow Saintees and Scumpee fans, 

Just popped into this thread to remind both sets of fans that Aberdeen FC are bigger than your two clubs combined and always will be. 

Big_Steve

On 10/08/2023 at 21:58, Chewing Taffies said:

Get these weegie minks fucking pumped Dundee!

On 11/08/2023 at 11:41, Fifespud said:

I can still clearly remember that game at Love Street when we totally destroyed these weegies and Jim Hamilton and Neil McCann et al were doing the 7 dwarfs across the pitch. The seeth from the 800 home supporters was hilarious. Hopefully the natural order starts to return tomorrow.

19 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Worst ever Dundee linked P&B match thread I've had the misfortune to access.

Always remember......................................................... 

sara2.jpg.e0560d55d35877fd2b3cb659e0be4b0e.jpg  

2 hours ago, The Master said:

IMG_4996.thumb.jpeg.00c2ddd8d9b86fa4ec8c80a3e2609385.jpeg

Nice day here in West Glasgow. 

still-game-sitcom.gif

1 minute ago, Stan Bo said:

@Ludo*1 do you have the players to go to a back 4? Shaughnessy would struggle as I imagine would Ashcroft. Beck would be hung out to dry at Lb too. 

Beck would be more supported at LB than at wing back by Ashcroft. I think Portales instead of Ashcroft and French instead of McGhee at RB gives us real pace in the back line which would compensate for Shaughnessy being on the slower side IMO.