St Mirren V Dundee

We should have been out of site in the first half. McMenamin was unplayable at times and absolutely hung out of the boy Beck almost at will. If The McMenamin header that comes off the face of the Bar goes in then it was game over. 

Credit to Dundee coming into the game second half with the introduction of our former youth player Tiffoney who will cause teams problems, with his ability to go past his man and get some very dangerous cross balls into the box.

The penalty save was glorious from Zach Hemming, given what Carson and Shaughnessy did in the lead up to the kick. 

We missed O’Hara big time today especially in the 2nd half when we had to dig in.

Olusanya could and should have made it 3-1 with what looked a fairly easy header. 
A good days work and 3 more points in the bag.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have to be honest, think you're at it if you think today's one was obvious. It might well have been in but it was tight as f**k to say the whole ball was over. Very, very close one way or the other IMO.

Watching on the stream I would say it was fairly obvious the whole ball wasn’t over the line. It’s a total non event. 

This is great, and it's going to get better when the drunker and even more emotional Dundee fans appear later.

I thought first half we were really good, I actually thought we might have been on for a penalty if we hadn't scored the first goal, but not seen any of it back so maybe not. The crossing and set pieces look way more dangerous this season, and for all the stick he gets, Mandron suits us. Thought Baccus absolutely dominated the midfeild first half as well.

Second half was a different story, and I thought Dundee raised things pretty well, while we ran out of steam a bit. They seemed to get parity, then dominance in the midfeild which let them build a bit of pressure. The goal was a bad one from our point of view, Strain really didn't cover himself in glory, but if I was a Dundee fan I'd be pretty happy with it, it was what they were trying to do and it came off well. Thought Bolton did well when he came on, marshalled the defence a bit better and Gogic got us back into the midfeild battle as well. I thought the ref was shit and gave Dundee a lot, except for, what looked to me like, an absolute stick on foul by Fraser on Tiffony which led to two Dundee players getting booked and their wee fans losing their shit and throwing missiles. Wonderful stuff.

Good victory, good start to the season. 5 goals in two games as well. Just need to sort out these second halfs.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

We should have been out of site in the first half. McMenamin was unplayable at times and absolutely hung out of the boy Beck almost at will. If The McMenamin header that comes off the face of the Bar goes in then it was game over. 

Credit to Dundee coming into the game second half with the introduction of our former youth player Tiffoney who will cause teams problems, with his ability to go past his man and get some very dangerous cross balls into the box.

The penalty save was glorious from Zach Hemming, given what Carson and Shaughnessy did in the lead up to the kick. 

We missed O’Hara big time today especially in the 2nd half when we had to dig in.

Olusanya could and should have made it 3-1 with what looked a fairly easy header. 
A good days work and 3 more points in the bag.

I don’t think Carson and Shaughnessy helped Robertson. Just introduced doubt. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Watching on the stream I would say it was fairly obvious the whole ball wasn’t over the line. It’s a total non event. 

Thankfully the wee runt of ref and his dubious decisions didn't cost us today.

An easy 3 points. 

Just now, Molotov said:

Dundee manager just been interviewed on Radio Scotland.

“Disappointed not to have got all 3 points”

😋

I honestly don’t think St Mirren were quite as dominant as their fans seem to be making out. 
Most teams convert penalties, and it’s a different game after that. 
Enjoy your night you weegie cuntos. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I honestly don’t think St Mirren were quite as dominant as their fans seem to be making out. 

0_JS258983735.jpg

Just now, Doonhame Buddie said:

Was there a major pile up on the A9?  Something must have happened to stop all those thousands of Dundee fans making it to the game today. Thoughts and prayers for those involved. 

Shockingly small visiting support 

906 was announced. Didn't even look as many as that.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Just a pity it wasn’t more significant. The melt down would have been priceless. 
Anyway when you see it properly it will be obvious Shaughnessy gets his toe to it in plenty of time. 

On 11/08/2023 at 15:05, pozbaird said:

Only thing I’m sure of is this. If St Mirren win, before firing up my iPad and logging into P&B, I’m firstly pouring a chilled Sam Adams and opening a large bag of Monster Munch. If St Mirren lose, my iPad is going in the drawer and I’m watching re-runs of Tipping Point or The Repair Shop.

Don’t fcuk this up St Mirren. 😎😜

Fcuking Sevco traffic and biblical levels of rainfall slowed my return home down somewhat, but fcuk it, we’re here now.

Thank You.

D4532B2D-77A4-4599-8A3E-B547A61A7618.jpeg

6E71A1A6-982A-41F4-8270-435316DA6D8B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just a pity it wasn’t more significant. The melt down would have been priceless. 
Anyway when you see it properly it will be obvious Shaughnessy gets his toe to it in plenty of time. 

It's still the second goal, Mandron's header, not the disputed one.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

As much as yous were on top in the second half yous created f**k all .how the f**k your manager thinks you could have got the 3 points is baffling.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We never are dominant, last season ourselves and Livingston had the second lowest possession in the league.

This is what we do 😎