St Mirren V Dundee

Why do we do this to ourselves? Two games in a row we go from being comfortably ahead to gifting soft goals. We would have lost points against better sides, luckily we were playing a mediocre Hibs and an absolutely awful Dundee. 

Pre game I was worried about our defence but Taylor and Gogic, in particular, were tremendous. Unusually Strain didn’t look his normal self today - is he carrying an injury?

Anyway, mission accomplished today and no reason to believe we will struggle in our next couple of games. 

My 2p worth is we were good in the 1st half and they were good in the 2nd half.

Big different we scored 2 goals but they only scored 1 goal.

Is there a away support who makes less noise than Ross C ? 

Proving today with the noise and size of the away support, they are the wee team from Dundee.

3 VAR decisions all went Dundee way today and they still got beat   🤣

Nice to see big Joe joining Charlie Adam showing once a Saint, Always a Saint  😇

Was definitely harder than it needed to be as we were very comfortable at 2-0. Maybe the way Robbo’ has us set up means that at 2-0, we don’t exactly retreat into our shell, but we sure as hell look like we don’t know whether to stick or twist. Having said that, the 2022/23 and so far, the 2023/24 St Mirren doesn’t look like a team who shit their pants when the going gets tough. We look like we know what we’re doing. I no longer have the fear that somehow, we’ll find a way to fcuk things up… the St Mirren way, if you will. Not any longer. No, not for me, the pessimism. Fcuk it, bring on the Motherwell.

5 minutes ago, Vicdfc said:

Do you saints think your a good side mmm I’ll leave it there

Yes, we’re a decent top flight team with some good players, a good manager, and are moving forward off the field too with a far more engaging and pro-active ownership model.

Hmm. I’ll leave it there.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yes, we’re a decent top flight team with some good players, a good manager, and are moving forward off the field too with a far more engaging and pro-active ownership model.

Hmm. I’ll leave it there.

Aye so you are 

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

I heard the Dundee manager's interview earlier. It was like Tom Hendrie minus the intellect.

He worked you guys out at half time anyway. Our championship quality team totally outplayed Robinson’s galacticos. 

26 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

A top of the league team.

Screenshot_20230812_191818_BBC Sport.jpg

Should have the league leaders first on Sportscene then🤩

Thanks to TD for allowing us to say a proper goodbye to Carson, don’t think he’s in any doubt what we think of him, his fam might have been in the WoS but passed the ground he was playing at. GIRFUY. 

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He worked you guys out at half time anyway. Our championship quality team totally outplayed Robinson’s galacticos. 

The nick of this.

A fluke goal and every VAR decision going, and you think you outplayed us. Under par and injury hit yet we saw you back up the road pointless. Probably take you a month or two to get 6 ppoints. Back in your box and STFU.

22 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Men against boys that 1st half, it was borderline embarrassing at 1 point.

You got pumped, enjoy you’re night slugger  👍