QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

23 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The frustration stems from the fact that we've never, ever in all our visits to Gayfield been confined to that stand, even back when the combined home and away attendance would've been about 500.

Absolutely accept that Arbroath are well within their rights to do so but the view in there is surprisingly poor. Will be incredibly disappointed if it's the same arrangement for our next visit, 200ish isn't a terrible travelling support.

IMO, there's no need for segregation at a Lichties vs. Queens match. There certainally wasn't any when we won promotion on the last day of the season in 1997/98. I can't think of any bigger occasions than that. If there has to be segregation, and the away team are only going to bring 140-odd fans (not 200), there is no reason to give you half the ground. Our tradition of changing ends at half-time is more important than catering to a few away fans. We are at Gayfield at least 18 tomes per season, you are only there twice.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I decided not to bother as the only tickets available were in row 1 or 2 in Section B - not worth a 300 mile round trip. Section C was not available.

Were AFC lying when they posted this?

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/arbroath-vs-queens-park-supporter-information-tickets-2/

Queen’s Park supporters will enter via Turnstile 1 and have sections A, B and part of C in the CoelBrew Main Stand.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

IMO, there's no need for segregation at a Lichties vs. Queens match. There certainally wasn't any when we won promotion on the last day of the season in 1997/98. I can't think of any bigger occasions than that. If there has to be segregation, and the away team are only going to bring 140-odd fans (not 200), there is no reason to give you half the ground. Our tradition of changing ends at half-time is more important than catering to a few away fans. We are at Gayfield at least 18 tomes per season, you are only there twice.

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/arbroath-vs-queens-park-supporter-information-tickets-2/

Queen’s Park supporters will enter via Turnstile 1 and have sections A, B and part of C in the CoelBrew Main Stand.

They weren't lying but the only made those tickets available on the morning of the game, which was probably too late for some people to make plans.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I wasn't suggesting Lesser Hampden was any better. I was saying I wasn't prepared to do a 300 mile drive to sit at the front of the stand. I have been to Gayfield many times before.

Lesser absolutely is better than that stand. The view there is night and day compared to where they put us yesterday.

16 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Dunno - I went to the "Away Tickets" tab on the site and looked at what was available.

11 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Unlike last week, when we sold out our entire allocation at Lesser within hours, QP didn't sell out the seats allocated at Gayfield. Section C of the stand was nearly empty.

If you had brought a support, you would probably been given the terracing up to the Pleasureland corner.

Poor show.

Section C was marked for AFC hospitality. If A&B were sold out then the overflow would be the corner section of the west terrace. Maybe if we had the whole of that end more might have travelled. 

The point was that some (probably a handful) of your fans moaned about the south terrace being denied to Lichties on the grounds they liked to watch their favourites from behind the goal being attacked. By the way it was being laid out on here I honestly expected  to see each end packed. Sure I read somewhere you had about 3,500 season tickets?

56 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Honest question. If you live in Lochgilphead how many of those 18 (which is actually a guaranteed 20] games do you get to?

13 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

I like how they have a structure and philosophy but unfortunately QP just aren’t a club I like enjoyed them more as an amateur side 😂

Aye, a lot of people preferred us when we were cannon fodder for them. We'll see how it all pans out. It's certainly an exciting time for us.

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Section C was marked for AFC hospitality. If A&B were sold out then the overflow would be the corner section of the west terrace. Maybe if we had the whole of that end more might have travelled. 

The point was that some (probably a handful) of your fans moaned about the south terrace being denied to Lichties on the grounds they liked to watch their favourites from behind the goal being attacked. By the way it was being laid out on here I honestly expected  to see each end packed. Sure I read somewhere you had about 3,500 season tickets?

3500 season tickets? What have you been smoking? 

9 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

By the way it was being laid out on here I honestly expected  to see each end packed. Sure I read somewhere you had about 3,500 season tickets?

If each end was packed, how would we be able to move around the ground?  And where did you get that from?  You're about 2,300 tickets out.

Also just to point this out, for us, to have 1300 home fans (overall attendance 1447) for a re arranged league game against Queens Park, meaning hospitality would not be at usual level, when we’ve won 3 home games in all competitions the last 12 months, scoring about 6 meaningful goals in the process. Is very healthy

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Well, that's some ill-informed crap!

1) Section C was marked "Queen's Park/Hospitality" - see below

Queens-Park-vs-Arbroath-Supporter-Info.jpg

2) No-one has ever claimed AFC have 3500 season ticket holders. As always, when movement is allowed, it was busy at one end first half & the other end second half

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Honest question. If you live in Lochgilphead how many of those 18 (which is actually a guaranteed 20] games do you get to?

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not as many as I would like. I get to more away games than home. Morton will be my 4th game this season. 

Ever heard of a VPN?

52 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Well, that's some ill-informed crap!

1) Section C was marked "Queen's Park/Hospitality" - see below

Queens-Park-vs-Arbroath-Supporter-Info.jpg

Section C wasn't listed when I went to get a ticket - just poor seats in A and B.

I remember the good old days when supporters would switch ends at almost every ground. Never any bother except for the odd bunch of silly wee boys that some teams seem to attract. Arbroath was always a great ground to visit - one of my favourite away days.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Section C wasn't listed when I went to get a ticket - just poor seats in A and B.

I remember the good old days when supporters would switch ends at almost every ground. Never any bother except for the odd bunch of silly wee boys that some teams seem to attract. Arbroath was always a great ground to visit - one of my favourite away days.

Dunno if it has been mentioned but we weren’t doing it for every game up until Inverness at home a season or so back. Our stewards completely useless and escalated things that day coupled with some Inverness fans being wee Fannies and ever since it’s been segregated. The fences were only temporary and got moved on an individual game basis. 

I honestly cannot stand the stewarding at Gayfield. 

What made me laugh was the line of 4 stewards on the terracing to the side of the stand in the second half, as if we were going to storm the away support. The nearest Arbroath fans to them and the stand was a wee group of about 5 pensioners. Why do modern day stewards see threat everywhere when none exists?

Agree that QP should have been given that bit of terracing to give them the option.