QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

Fair fucks to QP they have an identity and philosophy and stick to it, weren’t at it 100% today but won. 

Arbroath weren’t good but improved on last week. 

good sign of a team is winning when not playing there best. They’ll definitely be up there come end of the season. 

I like how they have a structure and philosophy but unfortunately QP just aren’t a club I like enjoyed them more as an amateur side 😂

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

it was excellent to have the freedom of the terraces with no segregation.  Of course we need the income from larger travelling support but adjusting the barriers to suit seems sensible.  

I counted about 700 across all 3 terraces and the official standing capacity is just under 5800. Poor show!

I’m also not sure why this game was moved at all. We were clearly going into the league campaign struggling a bit so a week off for perhaps a friendly would have helped no? Instead it’s another set of points in the league gone. I get the potential pain in the backside of a Tuesday night but to move it this close is odd to me.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I counted about 700 across all 3 terraces and the official standing capacity is just under 5800. Poor show!

Unlike last week, when we sold out our entire allocation at Lesser within hours, QP didn't sell out the seats allocated at Gayfield. Section C of the stand was nearly empty.

If you had brought a support, you would probably been given the terracing up to the Pleasureland corner.

Poor show.

I think that Balde is a good player, very tricky. When he came off one of our supporters shouted something at him and he simply turned round and smiled at him. A classy response.

A nervous 20 minutes after we scored our goal. Over the 90+ minutes I thought we were the better team but the result could have gone either way.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Unlike last week, when we sold out our entire allocation at Lesser within hours, QP didn't sell out the seats allocated at Gayfield. Section C of the stand was nearly empty.

If you had brought a support, you would probably been given the terracing up to the Pleasureland corner.

Poor show.

The frustration stems from the fact that we've never, ever in all our visits to Gayfield been confined to that stand, even back when the combined home and away attendance would've been about 500.

Absolutely accept that Arbroath are well within their rights to do so but the view in there is surprisingly poor. Will be incredibly disappointed if it's the same arrangement for our next visit, 200ish isn't a terrible travelling support.

On one hand that's such an outrageously good run from Paton for the goal that it'd be harsh to point at the Arbroath defence on that one, but even if this performance was less concerning than previous weeks generally the number of times teams have been able to get in behind you already over three games has to be a concern. Hard to say how much of this is down to Arbroath being poor when you've played Dundee United and a Queen's Park side who look very good with the ball at their feet twice, but that has to set alarm bells ringing already.

13 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The frustration stems from the fact that we've never, ever in all our visits to Gayfield been confined to that stand, even back when the combined home and away attendance would've been about 500.

Absolutely accept that Arbroath are well within their rights to do so but the view in there is surprisingly poor. Will be incredibly disappointed if it's the same arrangement for our next visit, 200ish isn't a terrible travelling support.

It wasn’t 200ish it was 146. I don’t see why you couldn’t have just got the corner though. 

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

On one hand that's such an outrageously good run from Paton for the goal that it'd be harsh to point at the Arbroath defence on that one, but even if this performance was less concerning than previous weeks generally the number of times teams have been able to get in behind you already over three games has to be a concern. Hard to say how much of this is down to Arbroath being poor when you've played Dundee United and a Queen's Park side who look very good with the ball at their feet twice, but that has to set alarm bells ringing already.

When you’re playing the likes of Thomas and Hepburn there is simply nothing you can really do about it they are going to get in behind due to their pace.

Steele seemed to have learned a lesson from last week and was good yesterday and on the other side Scotty Stewart a right winger has been up against Hepburn and all things considered he’s done very well. I’m hoping that will be his last game out there and a left back will be in the door this week.

Thought Tam, Little and Gaston were all very good last week and again yesterday. Steele was horrendous last week but looks to have learnt his lesson.

Overall I’m happy with all 4 of them and with Gold, Balde and McKenna in the middle of the park doing the dirty stuff and not letting players have time on the ball.

It’s ashame that McKenna will probably be out for about 4-6 weeks now after his rib injury because yesterday it looked like we’d solved that middle of the park riddle we’d gotten so wrong in the other games. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Poor show.

I decided not to bother as the only tickets available were in row 1 or 2 in Section B - not worth a 300 mile round trip. Section C was not available.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I decided not to bother as the only tickets available were in row 1 or 2 in Section B - not worth a 300 mile round trip. Section C was not available.

There are only 6 rows at Lesser. You’ve got a 33 percent chance of sitting in row 1 or 2 there.

The stand at Arbroath also not pitch side like I think it is at Lesser, it’s elevated some what in they 2 sections as there’s a disabled area infront. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There are only 6 rows at Lesser. You’ve got a 33 percent chance of sitting in row 1 or 2 there.

The stand at Arbroath also not pitch side like I think it is at Lesser, it’s elevated some what in they 2 sections as there’s a disabled area infront. 

I wasn't suggesting Lesser Hampden was any better. I was saying I wasn't prepared to do a 300 mile drive to sit at the front of the stand. I have been to Gayfield many times before.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I wasn't suggesting Lesser Hampden was any better. I was saying I wasn't prepared to do a 300 mile drive to sit at the front of the stand. I have been to Gayfield many times before.

I know what you mean but any teams fans visiting lesser will have 1/3rd of their support in row 1 and 2. Row 1 and 2 sections at Gayfield are actually pretty good.

I used to choose to sit in the one on the other side of the stand whenever I couldn’t be arsed standing with my mates or wasn’t in a sociable mood. 😂

I think next time they’ll just give you to the corner because nobody went and stood there anyway. When we played Cove we shot towards pleasureland in the first half and then when everyone moved around they just shut the gate at the seaside corner and let them have that terracing but clubs got to look after home fans first and foremost 

Edited by 1320Lichtie