QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

9 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Risk and reward with McKenna, he creates a lot more for us than Gaston punting it aimlessly every time he got the ball. 

I’d prefer my keepers punting it at this level to be honest 

For me and in my very honest opinion McKenna was a bit ropey with the ball at his feet, played it out the park several times and got extremely lucky with that touch he took on the line. Was also pretty poor of him to be shouting abuse at ball boys and giving it some to wee guys behind the goals even if he is only about 8 year older than them 

He is a big laddie for his age who clearly has talent and a lot of baws to be playing the way he does but there will need to be a steep learning curve from him if he is to make it in the game and I’m sure if he does get a move to one of these bigger sides he will go on to have a great career 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Today was better, but not good enough,

Your not gonna change Campbell, his tactics and your always going to get the erratic substitutions,

Queens were playing out from the back and they didn't have to do anything special to do it, 1 or 2 passes and they were on the attack, our wingers needed to push up further and force them to play long, but for some reason we put 2 forwards on and take our wingers off, 10000% cost us the game,

As soon as queens scored that was it, we huffed and puffed but it was aimless long balls,.

Said it before and stand by it, obviously they won't be happy getting beat again but we don't look like a team and nobody seems to look happy 

I love the way McKenna gives it back to the support. Go on Callan !

Love a bit personality in our players and felt we’ve maybe missed that over the last couple years. McKenna did nothing wrong. He was in situations where it could have ended horribly but he dealt with it with minimal fuss cause he has so much confidence and ability in himself. That’s not someone being ropey. There’s a reason Brighton, Arsenal and Southampton are after him. He’s going to the very top 

Edited by qpfc

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Today was better, but not good enough,

Your not gonna change Campbell, his tactics and your always going to get the erratic substitutions,

Queens were playing out from the back and they didn't have to do anything special to do it, 1 or 2 passes and they were on the attack, our wingers needed to push up further and force them to play long, but for some reason we put 2 forwards on and take our wingers off, 10000% cost us the game,

As soon as queens scored that was it, we huffed and puffed but it was aimless long balls,.

Said it before and stand by it, obviously they won't be happy getting beat again but we don't look like a team and nobody seems to look happy 

Time after time Gold and Balde won the ball back after it went into the midfield from our press high up the park? We were doing exactly what you’re saying we should’ve done for 65 minutes, the subs obviously completely fucked that shape and organisation up mind you but we did press them and win it back or make them play it out the park or long where Tam and Little and Gaston dealt with it…. Plenty!!! 

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't get this "we didn't look like a team" thing at all.  For the first time this season, we looked like an actual team, with an actual plan.

I do not get it. Every single one of them flying into tackles and clearly giving 100 percent, with a clear game plan on view for all to see. Why would we have ‘looked happy’ at any point today? What does that even mean? Like no smiling enough etc or what..? 

2 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Not quite as one sided as last week; brave starting line up and the young guns are learning how to win.

Very promising for rest of the season.

Not quite as one sided because it wasn’t one sided in the slightest today? 😂

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Funny how people see the game differently, 

I did agree it was better than last week, but no where near good enough, 

I think if it was 1-0 the other way, which it could’ve easily been, you’d have seen things much differently 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think if it was 1-0 the other way, which it could’ve easily been, you’d have seen things much differently 

Maybe its frustration from the subs, 

Still feel something isn't quite right in dressing room, just don't see where the points are coming from

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And that’s a team packed full of pace and creativity and goals - we matched them today, we did play well and showed some quality but we were too wasteful.

It was a team full of kids not much more than a week ago.  

5 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Maybe its frustration from the subs, 

Still feel something isn't quite right in dressing room, just don't see where the points are coming from

I had my doubts too but I think after today I no longer have them at the moment, everyone fighting and working hard for each other.

We’ve played the best team in the division and one of the better teams in the division in the first 3 games. It is a tough start. After playing everyone once we will have a better idea. 

The subs were a total joke. He’d fucked all his good work.

Last week 

Possesion - QP 65% Arbroath 35%
Shots - QP 14 Arbroath 6

This week 

Possesion - QP - 52% Arbroath - 48%
Shots -  QP - 4 Arbroath - 12 

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

It was a team full of kids not much more than a week ago.  

I think you’ll find I never said that and feared a pumping 👍🏻

I guess I was at a different game from most Lichties on here because I thought we were outplayed in the first half by a confident,  footballing QP side playing a system that their players were comfortable and confident with. We improved a little in the second half but not enough to take anything from the game.

QP kept the ball on the ground as much as possible, their players found space for themselves all over the pitch. We continued with our kick and chase the ball style of play with little success, as usual.

If 4-5-1 is our best formation I hope it will work better on heavy pitches during the winter cos it ain't winning any games in the here and now.

Just have to say the length of grass was unethical. 

Bit of a grind tbh but at least we know this squad can knuckle down when needed. Despite the tight margins I never felt Arbroath would be ahead of us, looked like we had plenty in the tank. 

The only decent passing move led to a good finish by Paton and that’s what won us the game.

Lads seemed to be genuinely enjoying the fans singalong message at the end. Let’s make it a weekly gig.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Callan McKenna is the future, and to any Arbroath fan crying into their smokies about him winding up the fans, all I can say is get it right up you. The boy has absolutely everything, including the shithousery, to succeed at the highest level, of that I have no doubt.

We made today much harder than it needed to be, but again we got the result. And just like last week, we deserved it.

I thought we created quite a few more chances than Queens but finishing was woeful.  I don’t think any shot from decent positions went less than 10 feet over the bar and Bird should have buried that header..  We should have taken something from that game but our truly abysmal home form continues.  Overall we kept a decent shape and there were bright showings from a few players.  On as sub, Dow was very effective so I presume it was later subs that made it a little imbalanced.   We knew it would be a tough season but need to start picking up points to get underway.

Last season, QP were the team that handled the wind most effectively at Gayfield.  They did ok today but didn’t create much upfront.   Enjoyed their keepers antics - kept the fans entertained.  And finally, it was excellent to have the freedom of the terraces with no segregation.  Of course we need the income from larger travelling support but adjusting the barriers to suit seems sensible.