QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

3 hours ago, keptie said:

If QP supporters are driving to the game getting to Gayfield will be through a diverted route if Dundee road is still closed at Mcdonalds. Could be a pain.

Heard the road will be closed for 2-3 weeks and going through town is a bit of a nightmare which will add 10-15 mins on your journey

11 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Heard the road will be closed for 2-3 weeks and going through town is a bit of a nightmare which will add 10-15 mins on your journey

These lads from Glasgow won’t know how to cope, poor things will probably all get lost. f**k the M8 or Kingston Bridge at rush hour, they’ve never experienced a half mile diversion on the Westway before 😆.

Pray for the Weegies.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

These lads from Glasgow won’t know how to cope, poor things will probably all get lost. f**k the M8 or Kingston Bridge at rush hour, they’ve never experienced a half mile diversion on the Westway before 😆.

Pray for the Weegies.

Try the M25 or the North Circular.

There is no traffic in Scotland.

19 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

Try the M25 or the North Circular.

There is no traffic in Scotland.

I’m sorry but that’s just patronising bullshit.

If these guys don’t keep 100% focus then they could quite easily miss the Arbirlot Road right hand turn off the Westway to take them down towards Keptie Pond (the quickest route) and end up all the way up at Lochlands cricket ground. That would mean adding on a good half a mile at the very least.

M25 my arse.

13 hours ago, keptie said:

If QP supporters are driving to the game getting to Gayfield will be through a diverted route if Dundee road is still closed at Mcdonalds. Could be a pain.

Also, no pay gate

8 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m sorry but that’s just patronising bullshit.

If these guys don’t keep 100% focus then they could quite easily miss the Arbirlot Road right hand turn off the Westway to take them down towards Keptie Pond (the quickest route) and end up all the way up at Lochlands cricket ground. That would mean adding on a good half a mile at the very least.

M25 my arse.

Is that the same route that the 11:41 from Queen Street takes?

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Is that the same route that the 11:41 from Queen Street takes?

Actually it is, if you look out the left window as you slow down to enter Arbroath station, you will see said roadworks by looking out the window on you’re left

My only thoughts on the line ups of both teams is that them posting the line up in numerical order does my head in.

Couldn't care about and performance today - all about the result. Losing today and having played a game more than 8 teams would be a really terrible start 

I thought that was much better.  We looked a bit more streetwise, and while I was against the idea of playing both Hylton and Stowe, its kind of worked.  I also think McKenna is playing a bit deeper, and that's balanced things a bit.  You can see that its a team that are still learning about each other, but I thought we pressured QP well, and they looked vulnerable when they were trying to pass it around at the back.  Long way to go, but that felt like an improvement over previous weeks.  All that said though, I can't really remember much of interest that happened, so not exactly a classic.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Definitely a mixed bag, but first of all, the good:

I was sceptical about playing Hylton and Stowe together, but I thought it worked, McKenna in the middle seemed to be playing a good part in it until he went off.  The midfield balance was also a lot better initially, and we just looked like a proper team.  I don't think the manager has "lost the dressing room", and I thought the players looked up for it.  Ultimately, I felt they were lucky to win, and their keeper was definitely busier.  We also had a lot of shots, but our shooting boots weren't on.  Other positives, I felt Turan looked like our brightest attacker again when he came on, and generally, I'm a lot more positive after that game than I've been so far this season.  We are starting to look like a team.

The negatives though, I was utterly baffled by the manager's subs.  Why on earth would you take off both your wide players and then bring on narrow strikers.  I felt we lost a lot of our width after that, and while Turan put in a good shift out wide, it was just odd to take them both off.  Bringing on Dow for McKenna, I get it, I guess, but how is that going to make Scott Allan feel, seeing absolutely everyone play before him?  That would have been a good game for him, with some wingers and a strikers, but I was disappointed.  Then later we brought on Slater too, who to my mind has done very little so far.  

Very much a mixed bag today, but I'm not going to be doomscrolling.