QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

What rankles with me about yesterday is that we should have taken at least a point from this game - need to improve our finishing ( which I think we will once we gain more confidence ).

Not convinced there was any need for segregation , but away fans had a decent seats (appreciate some prefer to stand).

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What made me laugh was the line of 4 stewards on the terracing to the side of the stand in the second half, as if we were going to storm the away support. The nearest Arbroath fans to them and the stand was a wee group of about 5 pensioners. Why do modern day stewards see threat everywhere when none exists?

Agree that QP should have been given that bit of terracing to give them the option. 

Could have given them the corner, don’t think it would have increased the number that came, can’t imagine they’re will be any other team will bring less than 146

Just watched the highlights.

The pass from Spong for the goal is simply magnificent. That two or three seconds as the ball slowly rolled goalward seemed like minutes at the time.

Two great saves from McKenna. Another excellent shift from all involved.

Interesting to note the rotation and the subs. 

22 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Lads seemed to be genuinely enjoying the fans singalong message at the end. Let’s make it a weekly gig.

Loved that at the end. Feels like there’s the makings of a great bond between this group of players and the support.

Having just watched the highlights, I would recommend anyone who may of missed it to watch McKenna giving it to the arbroath fans at the full time whistle. Glorious scenes.

Aye some might not agree when you’re the opposing side but he’s 16 and has got all the confidence in the world. I sincerely hope thistle isn’t his last game with all the teams linked 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Loved that at the end. Feels like there’s the makings of a great bond between this group of players and the support.

Aye, yesterday at full time was great. Veldman coming over to applaud but standing behind the players seems a deliberate decision. He wants the players to receive the credit. I was also very encouraged that one of the first things he said in the post match interview was that we weren’t good enough. He obviously sets himself and the team very high standards. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Having just watched the highlights, I would recommend anyone who may of missed it to watch McKenna giving it to the arbroath fans at the full time whistle. Glorious scenes.

Aye some might not agree when you’re the opposing side but he’s 16 and has got all the confidence in the world. I sincerely hope thistle isn’t his last game with all the teams linked 

The guy was shouting abuse at ball boys and kids of a primary school age throughout the game. Glorious scenes? 😂 

Paton also has the whiff of Zack Rudden about him, absolutely nobody saying a word to the guy and that’s twice now he’s run over to the home fans to try and wind them up for whatever reason. Strange guy 

eta - obviously the away fans last week

Edited by 1320Lichtie

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The guy was shouting abuse at ball boys and kids of a primary school age throughout the game. Glorious scenes? 😂 

Paton also has the whiff of Zack Rudden about him, absolutely nobody saying a word to the guy and that’s twice now he’s run over to the home fans to try and wind them up for whatever reason. Strange guy 

eta - obviously the away fans last week

To be fair, the boy was born in 2006. He’s not that much older than them. I love the wind up factor in fitba, almost even more when it’s entirely unprovoked. Have zero issue with being on the end of it either. Adds to the spectacle. 

Just now, an86 said:

To be fair, the boy was born in 2006. He’s not that much older than them. I love the wind up factor in fitba, almost even more when it’s entirely unprovoked. Have zero issue with being on the end of it either. Adds to the spectacle. 

The guy is clearly a wee fanny, but in fairness so are the majority of 16 year olds. If I was 16 I think I’d also relish in behaving that way it must be some buzz for him. Glorious scenes is pushing it though, it was utterly bizarre 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The guy is clearly a wee fanny, but in fairness so are the majority of 16 year olds. If I was 16 I think I’d also relish in behaving that way it must be some buzz for him. Glorious scenes is pushing it though, it was utterly bizarre 

He’s a very confident boy. Have never seen a sixteen year old, particularly a keeper, play with that level of swagger. Seems to have the ability to back that up. When I was sixteen, I was underperforming in exams and spewing after four bottles of Miller. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

He’s a very confident boy. Have never seen a sixteen year old, particularly a keeper, play with that level of swagger. Seems to have the ability to back that up. When I was sixteen, I was underperforming in exams and spewing after four bottles of Miller. 

Me too. Definitely would’ve shat the bed trying to play out from the back as a goal keeper so fair play to him. I actually think even if he was to get a move that being at QP for a season would be extremely beneficial for him. You don’t get that kind of experience in an academy