Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Jinky losing the head before they win. Impressive.

Yeah mate, me poking fun at your fellow dandie greetin about refs before a ball is kicked is clearly me loosing the head 🤣

At least try score a goal this season eh lads?

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Do we have to?

Hopefully we go after them and have a right go but I have a bad feeling we will sit in and encourage them onto us.

It’s not just that the team will sit in. The 11 at Livi are so inept at keeping possession that Celtic will have all of the ball and the dandies will be pressed back naturally , regardless of what tactic Robson tells them. 

On 08/08/2023 at 06:41, coprolite said:

This is going to be exceptionally grim. 

21 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The SFA saving travel costs by appointing Kevin Clancy & Alan Mulvanny as ref & assistant ref.

They can go up on their supporters bus. 

Hopefully McDonald is back and potentially devlin can move to RWB. 

Don’t think this is a game for polvara, he’s improved but feel like the pace of this Celtic team will be beyond him and he doesn’t have the know how to counteract it. Problem is, who do we play instead? Badly lacking there. 

It’s possible if we put in a performance reminiscent of the rangers game at home then we could do something but we still rode our luck a bit that day and we’re playing a far better team. 

Our only real hope is that this is a team still adjusting to their new manager and it doesn’t click for them. Feels like straw clutching though. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hopefully McDonald is back and potentially devlin can move to RWB. 

Don’t think this is a game for polvara, he’s improved but feel like the pace of this Celtic team will be beyond him and he doesn’t have the know how to counteract it. Problem is, who do we play instead? Badly lacking there. 

It’s possible if we put in a performance reminiscent of the rangers game at home then we could do something but we still rode our luck a bit that day and we’re playing a far better team. 

Our only real hope is that this is a team still adjusting to their new manager and it doesn’t click for them. Feels like straw clutching though. 

We have no option to Polvara due to the ridiculous policy of letting players go when no replacement is in the building or lined up. 

Barron is even slower than Polvara, and he’s the only realistic alternative.

No new players in again this week. 
Threadbare squad. 

Comfortable win for Brendan’s Brendans. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t think this is a game for polvara, he’s improved but feel like the pace of this Celtic team will be beyond him and he doesn’t have the know how to counteract it.

(Michael Stewart voice)For me...

its the Perfect game for Polvara, the club have been bigging him up and he has done fine from what ive seen so far.

Give him the nod and let's see what happens. Unlikely any new faces will be here and ready to go by then anyway.

Saying that I can't see anything other than a routine win for Timothy.

Hopefully Rubi has been made aware of kyogos inner ear problem when people get too close.

Whatever happens I won't be seething, I'll keep that for Monday when Scales is announced on loan.

39 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

(Michael Stewart voice)For me...

its the Perfect game for Polvara, the club have been bigging him up and he has done fine from what ive seen so far.

Give him the nod and let's see what happens. Unlikely any new faces will be here and ready to go by then anyway.

I mean, we’ll likely start him out of necessity. I just don’t think he’s ready, would rather he got a few more games against other sides. Sink or swim I suppose. 

I will be raising an eyebrow if we go with the same midfield as we did against Livingston.

I like Barron, and would rather him than Polvara as I think he is a much better footballer, but I'm not sure he is the type of midfielder who would make too much difference if he replaced Polvara here. Dadia has played as a defensive midfielder before and might be able to do a job, like Hoban did for us against Burnley at Turf Moor under McInnes when he arrived. That is scraping the barrel a bit, though, and I have no idea what his fitness is like. 

Edited by DrewDon

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I will be raising an eyebrow if we go with the same midfield as we did against Livingston.

I like Barron, and would rather him than Polvara as I think he is a much better footballer, but I'm not sure he is the type of midfielder who would make too much difference if he replaced Polvara here. Dadia has played as a defensive midfielder before and might be able to do a job, like Hoban did for us against Burnley at Turf Moor under McInnes when he arrived. That is scraping the barrel a bit, though, and I have no idea what his fitness is like. 

Yeah I agree barron isn’t really going to make a difference. A bit of legs, energy and bite from ramadani you’d like to think would have helped…

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I agree barron isn’t really going to make a difference. A bit of legs, energy and bite from ramadani you’d like to think would have helped…

In fairness, I didn't see much "bite" from Ramadani against this Celtic midfield last season.

If Robson really fancies himself as the heir to McInnes, though, he will have to throw us a curve ball. I like to think he has been trialling Duk's suitability as a defensive midfielder at Cormack Park this week. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

In fairness, I didn't see much "bite" from Ramadani against this Celtic midfield last season.

If Robson really fancies himself as the heir to McInnes, though, he will have to throw us a curve ball. I like to think he has been trialling Duk's suitability as a defensive midfielder at Cormack Park this week. 

Well he hasn’t made it until he has his ‘Greig Leigh and Zak vyner decapitating Motherwell in midfield’ moment. 

4 minutes ago, betting competition said:

This isn't saying much but Polvara was our best midfielder on Saturday. He was outstanding in the friendly against Charlton so why not chuck him in against Celtic. 

What folk don’t seem to appreciate is they there’s also not much option.

Barron ? Don’t make me laugh. 

To let Ramadani go with no replacement in was pathetic