Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Benny you stalk my posts like Mark David Chapman so you are well aware of my views on this

You've just spent the last few hours side stepping the issue but better late than never. 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ll acknowledge it but that’s because I was there in 98 just after it as a serving member of the Armed Forces. 

The shame is many of the clowns in our support who still pander to it have no concept of the reality of it as they weren’t alive at the time which makes it all the more mindless. You can blame the parents however it’s not always that, I even caught my own son singing it once and he felt the consequence of it as i just won’t have it in my house. 

I don’t know the answer to it or how to solve or if it ever can unless there are extensive banning orders to keep people away. 

Mate I’ll happily acknowledge many of the songs sung today are pro-IRA and have no place at the football, it’s why i and many others don’t like to go to away matches as it’s uncomfortable for some of us but I can assure that one particular song isn’t despite it being sung by those who are desperate to keep it alive. Like the Troubles it belongs in the past. 

Sorry Jinky you have been open about that in the past, there for the grace of Asthma I could have been & I get the conflicting emotions that might have brung. I stress that I honestly don't believe anyone on here, on either side, are pro the bile that spits out from your away fanbases, I do however question why those mutants continually get tickets for away games given that both Clubs pretend they dont want to pander to the terrorist adorati, you have partly covered that by saying you cant be arsed with what goes on & Season Ticket holders in my family are the same but surely to f**k the answer is easy to solve, stop giving the wee subhuman arseholes tickets to away games?

I could understand a diddy teams fans singing a song about “winning away” if they have not won in possibly months. But jeezo you invariably win every time you play away in the league on a Sunday. 

…Checks calendar for home game against ra Sellic in Paisley… 😂 

7 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I could understand a diddy teams fans singing a song about “winning away” if they have not won in possibly months. But jeezo you invariably win every time you play away in the league on a Sunday. 

…Checks calendar for home game against ra Sellic in Paisley… 😂 

I was sung at European games for yrs, last yr was the 1st I’d heard it at home. 

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I was sung at European games for yrs, last yr was the 1st I’d heard it at home. 

Well you have been classed as a diddy team in Europe during the last 20 years so I can now understand why it was (sometimes) sung away in those competitions. But away in Aberdeen, Dingwall or Paisley. Nah.

It certainly is a great feeling to win away against clubs with much greater financial resources.

14 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Well you have been classed as a diddy team in Europe during the last 20 years so I can now understand why it was (sometimes) sung away in those competitions. But away in Aberdeen, Dingwall or Paisley. Nah.

It certainly is a great feeling to win away against clubs with much greater financial resources.

Ye, it’s just a song mate. 

26 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Sorry Jinky you have been open about that in the past, there for the grace of Asthma I could have been & I get the conflicting emotions that might have brung. I stress that I honestly don't believe anyone on here, on either side, are pro the bile that spits out from your away fanbases, I do however question why those mutants continually get tickets for away games given that both Clubs pretend they dont want to pander to the terrorist adorati, you have partly covered that by saying you cant be arsed with what goes on & Season Ticket holders in my family are the same but surely to f**k the answer is easy to solve, stop giving the wee subhuman arseholes tickets to away games?

I’ll be honest I’ve never given it a huge amount of thought recently as I don’t regularly go away as to how they get tickets so easily especially with some of the current allocation levels, I sign up for the HCTS scheme for Cup games and buy my seat for the European games but that’s me. I imagine they would somehow still find a way through supporters clubs or asking someone else to get the ticket for them so it would have to be addressed both home and away. The criticism isn’t unwarranted regarding appetite from clubs and authorities to change it 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ll be honest I’ve never given it a huge amount of thought recently as I don’t regularly go away as to how they get tickets so easily especially with some of the current allocation levels, I sign up for the HCTS scheme for Cup games and buy my seat for the European games but that’s me. I imagine they would somehow still find a way through supporters clubs or asking someone else to get the ticket for them so it would have to be addressed both home and away. The criticism isn’t unwarranted regarding appetite from clubs and authorities to change it 

Nail on the head with regards to clubs and authorities, sure both cesspits would clean up pretty rapidly if the Police & the Government started to close the Stadiums & cost them money, never going to happen but I can dream..

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's definitely good enough to play for a side competing for third. He's a good squad option especially for domestic competition. I actually thought after his initial calamity he went on to have a decent game. Was my MOTM last week from an Aberdeen perspective. I personally really like him and feel he's going to be a good signing for us.

Nothing would delight me more if he ends up part of a successful side. I’ll be watching and hoping he’s a success himself - except against us, obviously. You’re right about today, he settled well after his mistake. 

I didn't come away from the match today too downbeat. If you compare the abomination that was December's match and today's performance it was like chalk and cheese.  Given that that was, hopefully, not what our strongest eleven will look like, there's plenty to be positive about. Best for me today were Devlin, apart from the obvious, Jack McKenzie, Morris, who surprised me, Ryan Duncan, Shinnie, Clarkson and Miovski. I may be blinkered, but I've no idea what Polvara offers and wasn't convinced by Rubevic, who appears to be really slow. But all in all a decent showing. One disappointment is that Celtic were not at their best and who knows what would have happened had Devlin not lost his mind. He must know that Kyogo plays 90% of matches in an offside position and he was bound to be where he was.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I didn't come away from the match today too downbeat. If you compare the abomination that was December's match and today's performance it was like chalk and cheese.  Given that that was, hopefully, not what our strongest eleven will look like, there's plenty to be positive about. Best for me today were Devlin, apart from the obvious, Jack McKenzie, Morris, who surprised me, Ryan Duncan, Shinnie, Clarkson and Miovski. I may be blinkered, but I've no idea what Polvara offers and wasn't convinced by Rubevic, who appears to be really slow. But all in all a decent showing. One disappointment is that Celtic were not at their best and who knows what would have happened had Devlin not lost his mind. He must know that Kyogo plays 90% of matches in an offside position and he was bound to be where he was.

I thought Polvara was better than Clarkson today.

Don't think anyone was poor but Shinnie and Devlin weren't great for the first two goals.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

You've just spent the last few hours side stepping the issue but better late than never. 

My first post was on the matter clearly mentioned how the pro-Ira guff is a really unfortunate and wholly unnecessary part of our away support songbook so if I was trying to side step the issue then I’m not very good at it but don’t let those simple facts Benny stop you pushing your own version, it’s what you do best

Surely it’s not really that complicated. The stewards or police hear the general singing of an offensive song, they video it to confirm the evidence. You initially give fines and then points deductions if it keeps happening therafeter. It would stop pretty quickly if it was going to impact on the results, as their own fans would have an incentive to end it.

Uefa seem to have no problem making these fines. It’s our systemic acceptance that is the issue.