Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

1 minute ago, AJF said:

The particular stuff I’m not keen to get into is the people criticising him for using feminine filters and dancing or generally acting/looking feminine. I think I’ve made that part clear.

The rest is fair game. If he were to make comments equivalent to calling an opponent a bitch I’d think he was a w**k. But he’d be our w**k so it would be sound. But a Celtic w**k is the bad kind and it’s been the way football has went from day dot that you unashamedly criticise others while absolving your own for the same behaviour.

I didn’t ask you to get into it, it was just one simple question, do you think he’s a w**k for winding up and making jibes at his opponents since this in your opinion is w****r behaviour 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t ask you to get into it, it was just one simple question, do you think he’s a w**k for winding up and making jibes at his opponents since this in your opinion is w****r behaviour 🤷‍♂️

I think I answered that really. If he has made jibes at opponents like Holm did I’d say it’s w****r behaviour yes, but I’d let it slide because he’s one of our players whereas I like to call it out when it’s a Celtic player because I intensely dislike them 🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s the way football fans are mate 

15 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Can we just take a second to pause and remember they won the game and they're still losing their heads like this. 

Ok Stormzy 

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think I answered that really. If he has made jibes at opponents like Holm did I’d say it’s w****r behaviour yes, but I’d let it slide because he’s one of our players whereas I like to call it out when it’s a Celtic player because I intensely dislike them 🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s the way football fans are mate 

w****r behaviour 😉

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

None of that changes that the power to stop these people getting into Celtic matches lies with your club, if they want to do it

Members of the GB don't all leave on the same bus David,some will leave from montrose M8,you can't cut the allocation of individual buses.

7 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

No, there is a queue mate and he is behind your captain.

Imagine the timplosion if Duk put his nutmeg on Instagram with 'sit down bitch'. 

SFA would have him fined.

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

I've got to admit I don't get the fascination of following a player off the pitch,maybe it's a generation thing.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Your club have control over who gets into their matches, particularly away games. So a lot of this shit is in their hands to sort out and these threads wouldn't be quite as bad.

The only people who have a problem with the GB are opposition fans so, why the hell would the club want to stop them getting tickets? The fact they boil the piss of wet wipes is, for me actually a positive. 

I concede some of the political songs they sing isn't for everyone, it's not stuff I really sing or join in with personally but it doesn't offend or bother me either, some people seriously just need to get a life.

The positives outweigh the occasional negative for me, the atmosphere they bring lifts the place on match days and actively gets people joining in and singing, some of the tifos and flag displays are ingenious and fantastic, not to mention the charitable causes they contribute to and support for social injustice issues, yes some might say the latter is irrelevant to Celtic and football in general but I think giving a platform for things like mental health, food poverty and other things at high profile events like football can only be a positive all round. 

Plus there was the Douglas Ross banner last season 😎

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

The only people who have a problem with the GB are opposition fans so, why the hell would the club want to stop them getting tickets? The fact they boil the piss of wet wipes is, for me actually a positive. 

I concede some of the political songs they sing isn't for everyone, it's not stuff I really sing or join in with personally but it doesn't offend or bother me either, some people seriously just need to get a life.

The positives outweigh the occasional negative for me, the atmosphere they bring lifts the place on match days and actively gets people joining in and singing, some of the tifos and flag displays are ingenious and fantastic, not to mention the charitable causes they contribute to and support for social injustice issues, yes some might say the latter is irrelevant to Celtic and football in general but I think giving a platform for things like mental health, food poverty and other things at high profile events like football can only be a positive all round. 

There would have been uproar from Celtic and their fans if Aberdeen had sung about Jimmy Saville yesterday.

It's not fine when it's you singing bike but not when it's aimed at you.

Anyway the game was very good.

A full house at Pittodrie

The points not safe until the third went in late on

And if Devlin hadn't gifted the second goal it would've been different.

Aberdeen looked very capable going forward and should be too strong for the rest of Scottish Football although Europe may complicate things.

Celtic's new players made a decent contribution to help get the win.

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The Krays did a lot for charity and were nice to their mum.

9 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

Members of the GB don't all leave on the same bus David,some will leave from montrose M8,you can't cut the allocation of individual buses.

Always looking for problems not solutions wee willie.

9 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

There would have been uproar from Celtic and their fans if Aberdeen had sung about Jimmy Saville yesterday.

It's not fine when it's you singing bike but not when it's aimed at you.

I don't know about uproar but there certainly would be bemusement, a rather strange take.