Oxford Street disorder

This week has seen large scale disorder on Oxford Street in London, with police battling to keep large groups of mainly young people from stealing from shops there.  The disorder was allegedly organised on social media, specifically TikTok, with numerous videos calling on people to rob JD Sports on Oxford street.  Numerous shops in the area were targeted, including a McDonalds restaurant and several convenience stores.  A large number of shops and pharmacies closed early to avoid the disorder, with some shop owners physically fighting back against the robbers - as can be seen on a video in the story below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66459233

Home Secretary, Suella Braverman, has told the Metropolitan Police to provide an incident report and said that those reponsible should be hunted down by the police. 

Have any P&Bers ever mobbed up to carry out robberies?

Did any P&Bers in Oxford Street see the disorder?

Is it time to provide shop workers in rip off tourist tat shops with high powered firearms?

I was in support of them until I realised they were targeting JD Sports and McDonalds. Even looters should have some sense of decency ffs.

A reasonable case can be made that is just a more visible demonstration of what the elite and Tory enablers have been doing to the public purse for a number of years.

Wouldn't be adverse to seeing a few missiles launched in the direction of that witch Braverman.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This week has seen large scale disorder on Oxford Street in London, with police battling to keep large groups of mainly young people from stealing from shops there.  The disorder was allegedly organised on social media, specifically TikTok, with numerous videos calling on people to rob JD Sports on Oxford street.  Numerous shops in the area were targeted, including a McDonalds restaurant and several convenience stores.  A large number of shops and pharmacies closed early to avoid the disorder, with some shop owners physically fighting back against the robbers - as can be seen on a video in the story below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66459233

Home Secretary, Suella Braverman, has told the Metropolitan Police to provide an incident report and said that those reponsible should be hunted down by the police. 

Have any P&Bers ever mobbed up to carry out robberies?

Did any P&Bers in Oxford Street see the disorder?

Is it time to provide shop workers in rip off tourist tat shops with high powered firearms?

I want to riot against a Maccy D after they gave me no napkins last time.

I was in London on Sunday and popped into one of those Sainsbury metro type shops. The cashier said that she was a bit shaken as a group of guys had walked in earlier and basically just helped themselves to stuff. She said it happens on a regular basis. 

29 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I was in support of them until I realised they were targeting JD Sports and McDonalds. Even looters should have some sense of decency ffs.

A reasonable case can be made that is just a more visible demonstration of what the elite and Tory enablers have been doing to the public purse for a number of years.

Wouldn't be adverse to seeing a few missiles launched in the direction of that witch Braverman.

I'm going to guess and say the people working in and owning the places being targeted aren't all Tories.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm going to guess and say the people working in and owning the places being targeted aren't all Tories.

Not sure about those owning the places, but I doubt if all the folk working in them are Tories.  They’ll be many ordinary folk on relatively small wages having to deal with the arseholes who did this.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Oxford Street Disorder sounds like the name of a band.

OSD…. Sounds like a condition whereby you steal ten boxes of sports socks from Fat Mike’s, but when you get home, you simply must neatly arrange them in very tidy rows.

If I was wandering past that and saw it happening I would mind my own business, as other have said Tories can't be sad when folk on the street try their hand at 13 years worth of policy.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's a pretty strange equivalence to draw then.

I was making the point that the 'elite' have been enabled by the Tories to ransack public funds for years. 

The people taking part in this are not going to be in a position to partake in that so are doing their own (very much more visible) version of it.

I remember seeing a picture of folk looting instruments from a music shop during the Poll Tax riots. 

So I looked forward to an anti-student loans march down Union Street, Aberdeen as a fresher student. "Great" I thought "I'll get looting E&Ms or suchlike"

As it was our lot were so apathetic we had to get our numbers boosted by the Grampian Pensioners Forum (more militant than the students) and they didn't even send out proper polis to watch us, just the folk with blue bands on their hats- either cadets or the margarine police 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Have any P&Bers ever mobbed up to carry out robberies? Yes

Did any P&Bers in Oxford Street see the disorder? No

Is it time to provide shop workers in rip off tourist tat shops with high powered firearms? Yes

16 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I was making the point that the 'elite' have been enabled by the Tories to ransack public funds for years. 

The people taking part in this are not going to be in a position to partake in that so are doing their own (very much more visible) version of it.

And terrorising low paid shop workers who have probably suffered equally as much from Tory 'ransacking' as  the people taking part...

Edited by kennie makevin

Just now, kennie makevin said:

And terrorising low paid shop workers who have probably suffered equally as much from Tory 'ransacking' as to the people taking part...

Unfortunate but I would hope that minimum paid shop staff would stand aside and not got involved.