Queens v Annan

47 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

You think that photo shows both feet on the ground? Well OK, there is slight contact with the ground on each of them but only slight, his feet are not weight bearing, his body's in motion. I'm not saying it isn't a dive, I just don't think a still like that can be conclusive either way and you need to see video.

It's the bog standard way to dive IMO. Plant both tiptoes on the deck and fall down. 

Even from the still I think Gibson's feet are in a natural position whereas Walker's aren't. If there was contact it's been initiated by Walker. 

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's the bog standard way to dive IMO. Plant both tiptoes on the deck and fall down. 

Even from the still I think Gibson's feet are in a natural position whereas Walker's aren't. If there was contact it's been initiated by Walker. 

If Gibson's leg was outstretched, it would look more like a penalty than it does from that still.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye fine, it's a matter of opinions.  I'm not saying that he didn't dive.  I'm just saying that still photos can be very misleading and I caution reading too much from them.  No probs.

Good highlights package posted on the OS, like the different angles for the goals and key moments.

At the very least Walker is looking for a touch to go down in the first half when he was booked - but it's a dive.  He did something similar later in the first half on the wing.  In the modern professional game I'd bet that most forwards are told to go down if they feel a touch in the box but its still not nice to see.  Marvin needs to have a word with him or he'll get into bother during the season.  With his pace its far better to try to stay on his feet and go for goal, then if he's fouled it'll be obvious.

Great strike from wee Lee - the best I've seen him play in quite a while.  Good to see.

Forgot about Botterill's double save in the second half - redeeming himself and Efe for that comic-strip slap-dash OG at the start of the game.

Really nice work for the 3rd goal, starting with a nice touch on the break from Mimnaugh (I think), then McKechnie's pace and finally some nice cool set up play by Reilly in the box to pick out Walker for his finish.  The deflection off Gibson was a wee bit fortunate, but sometimes you create your luck through your endeavour; its still a good goal.

Reilly also took his goal well to make up for the penalty howler.

Edit - noticed Aidan Smith also went down pretty easily in the box second half, clearly looking for the award.

Edited by Otis Blue

Having watched those highlights and very good ones they were with the reverse angle on main events, it confirms my thoughts of Walker having watched him so far this season. Whenever he gets the ball, he’s like a typical sprinter, he puts his head down and runs. Unlike McKechnie and Gibson who both look about when they get the ball.

Walker’s pace is a great asset but until he starts lifting his head to see what’s going on around him it’s wasted.

If you compare any of his runs to that of McKechnie’s for the 3rd  goal. McKechnie having receive the ball on several occasions looks around to see what’s on. He sees Reilly’s near post run and picks him out with a well weighted pass. Walker just hits a cross in the hope that it lands near one of our players.

As for the dive, if he had not done that, he may well have got the second challenge when he was sandwiched, but the ref was never giving that after the previous dive.

Got to love Connelly for consistently trying to claim the goal.😀

Edited by bod

Excellent highlights.  They made for an enjoyable watch.

I hadn't noticed that it was Walker who effectively cleared Todd's header off the line in the first half.  I'd thought the Annan goalkeeper had made a good save at the time.  I think the ref got the decision right for our penalty, but it's not the type you see given very often.  

Highlights are brilliant. For what it's worth, they clearly show that Walker's dived. As much as its the modern game now, to basically initiate contact to win the pen, from his second step he's obviously going down. No VAR to play by the 'rules', and the ref has absolutely made the right call. 

Disagree on the second incident, that's clearly looking for the foul. Walker isn't that slight to be launched into mid-air between two players, then bounce down looking at the ref! 

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to watching him progress over the next few months. Could be one hell of a player in there! 

Gav didn't stop, neither did Connely to be fair. Good to see form in both of them. Logan was also outstanding on the right with McKechnie. 

I thought Wullie, unfortunately,was kind of guilty for all of our goals at the game. Watching the highlights doesn't change my mind. Never in a million years a CB, as well as he reads the game.!

Didn't clear the 1st of the line. 2nd Gav totally outmuscles him. On the 3rd, he seemed to stand off McKechnie once he had pushed it down the wing. I know Keiron is quick, but I still think Wullie could have gotten across to clear or at least lose the foul... Still, a Legend for us!