Queens v Annan

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

Everyone is still trying to come to terms with the sign being updated!

Like you say it is definitely the type of game we need to win especially being at home - we’ve rarely made it easy in the previous games against Annan though.  Had hoped we’d have seen a new signing or 2 in time for this but doesn’t look likely now.

If the current squad aren't good enough to beat this shower then it's a signal that we really are in for a long slog of a season. Anything less than a two goal winning margin will be quite frankly embarrassing. The natural order must prevail. 

Goss and Smith* being out is a bonus. Not because I particularly rate them but because it's 2 less ex-QoS players to up their game. 

Form etc. counts for nothing in a Derby but we really need to be winning our home games this season. Especially against the sides who will likely finish near the bottom. Hoping for a comfortable victory but will be delighted with any kind of win tbh. 

* According to the Record.

There is a danger calling ex QOS players who went to Annan, rejects...Moxon? There is also a danger talking about natural order prevailing...the Old Firm? There is also a danger in talking down other clubs. Annan are a well run club, they deserve to be in League 1 and I hope they do well, except against us. It all depends which Queens team turns up tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

There is a danger calling ex QOS players who went to Annan, rejects...Moxon? There is also a danger talking about natural order prevailing...the Old Firm? There is also a danger in talking down other clubs. Annan are a well run club, they deserve to be in League 1 and I hope they do well, except against us. It all depends which Queens team turns up tomorrow. 

I think FTB isn't entirely serious with his post. I think the rejects comment from myself is entirely fair though. You've named Moxon (a player I thought was prematurely let go for us at the time mind you) but no other ex-QoS player who've went to Annan have furthered their career that I can recall? 

There's certainly some who weren't given a fair crack at ourselves, but I wouldn't take any of them back if offered tbh. 

Regardless of that, I expect them to take some points off us this season. 

Edited by 19QOS19

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

Or which team is out on the park for starters!

3 hours ago, BeeJay said:

You can be all lovey-dovey with Annan if you want, I want them pumped as hard and as often as possible. Not sure what ref to Old Firm is about in your post, unless you have a soft spot for one of them. I'm a bit baffled as to why a QoS supporter would want any other Club in the division to have a successful season, the more that struggle the better it is for us. 

51 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You can be all lovey-dovey with Annan if you want, I want them pumped as hard and as often as possible. Not sure what ref to Old Firm is about in your post, unless you have a soft spot for one of them. I'm a bit baffled as to why a QoS supporter would want any other Club in the division to have a successful season, the more that struggle the better it is for us. 

I think the "natural order" thing was really a Hearts/Hibs thing (not OF) - wasn't it the master tactician Levein who coined that particular phrase when he was in charge at Tynie?

Tbf I think @BeeJay said that he wanted Annan to do well, but not against Queens - which is fair enough.

Edited by Otis Blue

On 13/08/2023 at 18:12, 19QOS19 said:

I know he's right footed but I think he's played as many games on the left. Certainly played more games there with the reserves. I'm guessing he enjoys cutting in and shooting. 

That's a good point regarding Walker though. The only time WG looked woeful at RB for us was when Kai Kennedy did him for pace constantly. Hopefully Walker has the same effect. 

If he plays like first 45 last week, he will give most something to think about. I know he was up against an out of position us jacobs but he gave him a hell of a time every time he got it. I think a goal or an assist will help his confidence no end. 

For me young Lewis has to start, he’s best we’ve got

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

For me young Lewis has to start, he’s best we’ve got

This.  In addition we have Mckechnie and Walker similar type of player not sure why we have signed another who sounds very similar. Was concerned last season when Bartley talked about LG being so young and having played so many games and would have to protect him ??

Surely if you are good enough then age does not matter.  Mind you , " you will never win anything with kids " will you ??

Looking forward to this more in hope than expectation.  Some of the QoS posters on here seem to getting inflated ideas of their standing in Scottish football. 

Without going all Kevin Keeganesque I would absolutely love an Annan win.

Predication

Queens 0 - Annan 1 ( Cross-Adair)

Can plane pour moi!! Mon th Annan!!