The Little Things.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I claim an assist for that. Ball in to the terrace, cushioned return, right to the thrower, long throw, goal!

I was holding a pie too.

14 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

At Ayr, walking back to my spot behind the goal with my Bovril during the warm up, a ball came flying over the crossbar and into the terracing. I caught it full on the volley and put it back neatly through a gap in the metalwork under the roof. Didn't even spill my Bovril.

No one noticed and no one cared. 

Which one of you two is this? -

image.jpeg.afc44d8f8718e4dfa79f3d68d053f8e3.jpeg

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Which one of you two is this? -

image.jpeg.afc44d8f8718e4dfa79f3d68d053f8e3.jpeg

It's probably fair to mention that there are about 100 failures to go with that success. Flinching like an idiot when the ball passes about 10 yards away, pathetic throws that don't reach the pitch, going for a ball kicked out and not being able to find it etc.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's probably fair to mention that there are about 100 failures to go with that success. Flinching like an idiot when the ball passes about 10 yards away, pathetic throws that don't reach the pitch, going for a ball kicked out and not being able to find it etc.

As a Dundee fan I can recognise much of what you describe.

From our players. 

Watching one of the (Carnegie Fuels Stadium at) Glebe Park staff bolting out the ground as fast as he can every time a player shoots and puts a ball over our Cemetery End terrace.  Apparently somebody nicked the ball once and he wants to be first on the scene.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Soft touch with the foot surely beats a catch?

A very good point, although the euphoria from that can make you forget that the door is still open and then proceed to crack the back of your head off it. The world is so cruel sometimes.

Edited by gannonball

On 16/08/2023 at 01:46, Newbornbairn said:

At Ayr, walking back to my spot behind the goal with my Bovril during the warm up, a ball came flying over the crossbar and into the terracing. I caught it full on the volley and put it back neatly through a gap in the metalwork under the roof. Didn't even spill my Bovril.

No one noticed and no one cared. 

On 14/08/2023 at 21:08, Boghead ranter said:

The smell when you open a pack of wine gums (Maynards variety).

Managing to get something out of any cupboard in my house without something else falling out (every cupboard in my house is like a game of fecking jenga).

You're married to my wife...