Killie v Celtic

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

I don't remember Armstrong having this much niggle in him at County. It's definitely something that's helped him improve as a player.

My favourite moment of his game today was when he absolutely forearm smashed Greg Taylor in the face, no booking, then had the cheek to exploit the space GT had left by going off for treatment to set up the winning goal. 

The Dims are going fucking nuts about it. Lovely stuff, love to see it.

I'm new to Pie and Bovril and not very confident in posting yet but I'm a Celtic fan (I was raised in Helensburgh both grandparents east end of Glasgow men, one of whom was part of the construction of the new Celtic Park, both brought me up loving Celtic although I stopped watching football in my teens because I got into nerdier stuff and it was 2012 I got back to my roots and became a fully fledged Celtic fan as in following all the games, scores religiously and so on (no pun intended). Just saying all that useless shit because I've seen people on here say "why don't you support your local team?" and so on and want to circumvent that because both my mother and father's sides of the family have close affiliation with Celtic in some capacity - again, sorry I'm new, just want to be transparent and get any potential whataboutery out of the way.

Anyway that said: We were absolute rank rotten today. Celtic could have played for 5 more years and still not scored. I was never really keen on Rodgers coming back (but that rat patter is needless and just makes us look small time) and it seems like it. After Ange giving us 2 years of magic, full attack, exciting, swashbuckling football, Brendan seems almost the reverse - pedestrian, ponderous, side-to-side arsepicking. We're fortunate I think that Rangers have made a howler of a managerial appointment themselves but Brendan to me seems like a huge step backwards and he doesn't suit this young exciting team. But Kilmarnock: you were absolutely tremendous and I think you'll do very, very well this season. Deserved winners today and McInnis is to me a far better manager than he gets credit for.

Forgive this rather messy introductory post in my first foray into the main parts of the forum. 

Edited by StygianDepths

10 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Did Kyogo not trip himself up for the penalty claim at the beginning of the game 

He did and then claimed for a pen.

He's not the angel the media portray him as.

Diving aside, he's often late into takles/leaving the boot in as well. That's OK though because he shakes their hand after.

Haksabanovic wild dive in the first instance, second threw himself down as well. Contact, yes, but no worse than the pen claim Killie had turned down in first half.

As I mentioned on a few threads before hand this was a result I could see coming. We looked fairly disjointed and out of ideas.  The only thing I was hoping for was McInnes to shit the bed as per against us. Often when we  concede a goal domestically it can shoot us in to life a bit but we offered next to nothing after about 10 minutes. Ignoring this match individually and injuries Rodgers has needlessly changed the style of a team that some can't play well to.

Back to the match Vassel did well when he came on. I thought he was decent at CP last season but he was exactly what Kilmarnock needed at that time to win cheap fouls and get Killie up the park when they were sinking back a bit.

8 hours ago, StygianDepths said:

I'm new to Pie and Bovril and not very confident in posting yet but I'm a Celtic fan (I was raised in Helensburgh both grandparents east end of Glasgow men, one of whom was part of the construction of the new Celtic Park, both brought me up loving Celtic although I stopped watching football in my teens because I got into nerdier stuff and it was 2012 I got back to my roots and became a fully fledged Celtic fan as in following all the games, scores religiously and so on (no pun intended). Just saying all that useless shit because I've seen people on here say "why don't you support your local team?" and so on and want to circumvent that because both my mother and father's sides of the family have close affiliation with Celtic in some capacity - again, sorry I'm new, just want to be transparent and get any potential whataboutery out of the way.

Anyway that said: We were absolute rank rotten today. Celtic could have played for 5 more years and still not scored. I was never really keen on Rodgers coming back (but that rat patter is needless and just makes us look small time) and it seems like it. After Ange giving us 2 years of magic, full attack, exciting, swashbuckling football, Brendan seems almost the reverse - pedestrian, ponderous, side-to-side arsepicking. We're fortunate I think that Rangers have made a howler of a managerial appointment themselves but Brendan to me seems like a huge step backwards and he doesn't suit this young exciting team. But Kilmarnock: you were absolutely tremendous and I think you'll do very, very well this season. Deserved winners today and McInnis is to me a far better manager than he gets credit for.

Forgive this rather messy introductory post in my first foray into the main parts of the forum. 

Anything else happen that year?

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

As I mentioned on a few threads before hand this was a result I could see coming. We looked fairly disjointed and out of ideas.  The only thing I was hoping for was McInnes to shit the bed as per against us. Often when we  concede a goal domestically it can shoot us in to life a bit but we offered next to nothing after about 10 minutes. Ignoring this match individually and injuries Rodgers has needlessly changed the style of a team that some can't play well to.

Back to the match Vassel did well when he came on. I thought he was decent at CP last season but he was exactly what Kilmarnock needed at that time to win cheap fouls and get Killie up the park when they were sinking back a bit.

Rodgers was never going to adopt Anges style, it would be him conceding to a point that Ange is a better coach than him. 

Where that ideology is backfiring is that both our fullbacks look completely lost where before they both looked really comfortable in that inverted role, Taylor especially has been utterly honking. McGregor isn’t having the same influence and Kyogo is being forced to drop way too deep at times. Ange had him playing on the shoulder and going in behind and he’s now being asked to drop deep and link up.

Dont get me wrong it may click but just now we look someway and a few players off it. We have the money we now need to invest it as we will get slapped about in Europe badly based on what I’ve seen so far.

10 hours ago, StygianDepths said:

Welcome to P&B. There are only a few decent Old Filth fans on here so hope you buck the trend.

15 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

No idea what game you were watching Jinky but it had feck all to do with CCV not playing the rat got it wrong,Killie players bullying Celtic players all over the park plus I thought we should've got a pen at the end,the rat said he watched the sevco game against Killie so he knew before the match the game was going to be phyicial and he played right into it.
I said before this game we are not upto to speed yet for me that's down to the rat tae,the season has started and Celtic look about a month off it.

'The rat' umpteen times - pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Has any other team ever done this before?

I would imagine someone has but the gold standard for Old Firm humbling must be Aberdeen beating Celtic in Glasgow three times in 1970. A Celtic side, it has to be said, far superior in every way to the current one. So caps duly doffed to Turnbull's Tornadoes, as I believe they were called.