Clyde v The Bloo Toon

Nae match thread for the 2 teams that stunk up div 1 last season so I thought Id start one.

We are a totally different team from last season and Clyde have punted Duffy so hopefully a decent game

Be at least 3 or 4 nil to Peterhead this one. Hopefully get this game out the way then look to actually moving forward now that charlatan Duffy is away. 

Might actually have some home fans at the game now too. Would have been empty if he was still at the club. Nevertheless going to be a long afternoon for us. 

There must be a genuine possibility we will end up playing with ten men, or a goalie outfield. Potentially 8 of 21 players out, most of them starters. And most of that 21 aren't very good.

Throw in the worst referee about and the fact it's against Peterhead, and the Duffy news can only improve my mood so much.

28 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Peterhead are the fourth and final team of a coupon I put on at the start of the week, so despite Clyde's disarray I can't confidently predict we win this one. Prove me wrong lads.

Well that's that fooked then 

Duffy being away will take some anger out of the support ahead of today, McLean will have a bit of a grace period but it could easily turn if things are going that badly today. 

Obviously hope everyone is wrong, including myself, but genuinely just don’t see how we’ll win this. 

A comfortable win for Peterhead today.  We had a goalie and two outfield players on the bench in carnage that was Wednesday night.  Peter Grant picked up an injury. If he has not recovered, then basically we have no subs to speak of.  David W is right, we even run the risk of playing a goalkeeper outfield.  I'm not a gambling man, but I know some Clyde fans who have stuck some money on Peterhead to win.  Can't see past anything other than a convincing away win here.  

Edited by Fast_Action

Peterhead will absolutely steamroller us as we will have a bunch of wee boys running about like headless chickens and Forbes out for an afternoon stroll.

Despite the positive Duffy news I’m still not willing to attend this following the horror show of the last 3 home games.

Got some money on Peterhead, if they cant win this they should really just chuck it.

I’m imagining our team, due to our extensive injury list, will have to be something like this:

Leighfield/Parry

McCulloch

Sula

Dunachie

Craig

Forbes

Carswell

Cameron

C. Scullion

Duncan/Mulvanny

Malcolm

Subs:

Parry/Leighfield

Duncan/Mulvanny

We literally have no other options barring a few ringers appearing as trialists.

I think the score could be anything Peterhead want it to be.

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Sula has to do better for the 2nd there. Let his man run right across him.

If you ask centre halves to defend non stop for 45 minutes they'll make a mistake eventually. We've just not managed to get up the park for ages.

Peterhead unfortunately just a wee bit better than us. Ritchie and McCarthy are good L1 players and Shanks will probably end up top scorer in the division.