Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

37 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

It’s a long time since I’ve taken the car to East End- where is best for parking for away fans?

Are the streets up Garvock hill fair game to dump the car or is that just going to annoy the locals?

No issue leaving the car up there. 

All these ex-players sending in videos to Raith’s Twitter page reminds me of those daft ex-Sevco players sending them in to Rangers’ Twitter to encourage fans to behave themselves in Seville. Quite tragic. “That mob” and other minter phrases getting spouted by losers (2011) like John Baird. Don’t let anyone tell you this isn’t their cup final. In McPake’s words “Just another game to us”  

We’ll stick to doing our talking on the pitch 😁 

Pars’ fans go on about how much they hate Masterton but then gloat about the ‘glory years’ of cup finals and Europe which were actually gifted to them FROM said person with his stolen money! Make your mind up 😕

I’m looking forward to game, can’t say I’m not a bit worried about our defence in general but at the same time, we will make chances, just need to be taking them!

Listening to head and not heart, predicting a 1-1 or 2-2

18 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Without him, I think we're set for a long 90 minutes of possession around the box, but very little inside the box, and very few alternative routes to goal if our quick, short passing in the final third isn't getting through. 

We like to call this "doing a McGlynn". 

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All these ex-players sending in videos to Raith’s Twitter page reminds me of those daft ex-Sevco players sending them in to Rangers’ Twitter to encourage fans to behave themselves in Seville. Quite tragic. “That mob” and other minter phrases getting spouted by losers (2011) like John Baird. Don’t let anyone tell you this isn’t their cup final. In McPake’s words “Just another game to us”  

I'd hazard a guess games against Raith Rovers are the matches you first looked for on the fixture list when it was released. The bump in Dunfermline fans attending today suggests it's more than just another game for them as well 😉

I seen Tade done one. 

When I think of him in a Fife Derby context the first thing that comes to mind is Greg Fleming sending him airborne with a fairly brutal kick. There was a video on YouTube of it but I can't remember the title. 

7 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Will never cease to amuse me that, for all a lot of Pars fans proclaim their indifference for the ‘Wee Team’ & that they ‘couldn’t care less’ about the Rovers, they sure do a lot of talking about them.

To be fair we had a year of Falkirk and their fans shite chat, and we didn't have a game last week so this game has been on the horizon for quite some time. I don't mind the Rovers at all, would like them to do quite well as long as it isn't to our disadvantage and with you on the up there should be a larger than usual crowd in the away end. After years of doing poorly in front of big crowds we seem to now relish the atmosphere and have turned in decent performances v Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Raith away in the Cup, even v Airdrie for flag day when we came from behind to win and ended up with ten men. Hopefully that resilience is on show again today.

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Let’s face it, Dunfermline fans would have loved it if Martin Hardie had filmed a similar video for them. 

Admittedly it would have been very difficult for him to film with one hand wrapped around the drainpipe of his ex-partners house. 

Glorifying a stalker and revelling in the "success" under Masterton that (they know) ultimately screwed over local businesses seems to be the done thing with P&B's Dunfermline fans.

Shameful really. Couldn't paint a red face on them.

I hope they get the pumping they so richly deserve today but our lack of a natural LB throws a spanner in the works.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Reminds me of all the talk from Falkirk fans last season about we were 'shiteting it' and lots of silly noise, whilst we quietly and confidently went about things.

17 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Let’s face it, Dunfermline fans would have loved it if Martin Hardie had filmed a similar video for them. 

Admittedly it would have been very difficult for him to film with one hand wrapped around the drainpipe of his ex-partners house. 

Let's face it, Raith fans would have loved it of David Goodwillie had filmed a similar video for them.

Edited by DA Baracus

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Let's face it, Raith fans would loved it of David Goodwillie had filmed a similar video for them.

Tade has done one, and who can forget this pearl of wisdom! 

RDT_20230826_0733097179678621662016864.thumb.jpg.0538e5188e894c68d3915494a3ade945.jpg

"We all make mistakes" Fucking hell Gregory, he's a rapist. 

Edit-It should be noted Tade wasn't the only one to make a c**t of himself during that episode, sadly a few footballers showed themselves up to be brain dead women hating weirdos (Want to say Paul Paton was also one for watching?). 

What I would say is that I wouldn't expect Raith fans to disregard the Pittodrie game because of it.

Edited by HoBNob

14 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Tade has done one, and who can forget this pearl of wisdom! 

RDT_20230826_0733097179678621662016864.thumb.jpg.0538e5188e894c68d3915494a3ade945.jpg

"We all make mistakes" Fucking hell Gregory, he's a rapist. 

Edit-It should be noted Tade wasn't the only one to make a c**t of himself during that episode, sadly a few footballers showed themselves up to be brain dead women hating weirdos (Want to say Paul Paton was also one for watching?). 

What I would say is that I wouldn't expect Raith fans to disregard the Pittodrie game because of it. It wouldn't be glorifying a rape apologist if a Raith fan was to say it was a great night etc. 

Indeed. Your current captain included. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2972781/kyle-benedictus-david-goodwillie-raith-rovers/

(To be fair to him, he's clearly not the brightest and probably felt he had to say something as club captain at the time).