Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

18 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Tade has done one, and who can forget this pearl of wisdom! 

RDT_20230826_0733097179678621662016864.thumb.jpg.0538e5188e894c68d3915494a3ade945.jpg

"We all make mistakes" Fucking hell Gregory, he's a rapist. 

Edit-It should be noted Tade wasn't the only one to make a c**t of himself during that episode, sadly a few footballers showed themselves up to be brain dead women hating weirdos (Want to say Paul Paton was also one for watching?). 

What I would say is that I wouldn't expect Raith fans to disregard the Pittodrie game because of it. It wouldn't be glorifying a rape apologist if a Raith fan was to say it was a great night etc. 

Your right a few players did themselves no favours in that period including your captain and his interview 🤦🏻‍♂️, looking forward to the game today it will be close and probably a draw, pars strong at home but thankfully this season we have developed resilience when things go against us. COYR 

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Your right a few players did themselves no favours in that period including your captain and his interview 🤦🏻‍♂️, looking forward to the game today it will be close and probably a draw, pars strong at home but thankfully this season we have developed resilience when things go against us. COYR 

Bene got thrown to the wolves with that interview, basically made to sit in front of the cameras when he would have rather been anywhere else but there. Should have told the board to f**k off and that he wasn't doing it.

2 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Bene got thrown to the wolves with that interview, basically made to sit in front of the cameras when he would have rather been anywhere else but there. Should have told the board to f**k off and that he wasn't doing it.

Yes he should have, I have a lot of time for bene, good player for us and decent fella. Not having a go at him just pointing out the stupidness back then

This is it folks, and I can’t wait to get this game started. 
the atmosphere will be amazing. 
this thread has proven that the fans are buzzing for this game, and I hope the players turn up and show the same level of enthusiasm on the park as we’ve seen on here. 
it’s all about the three points and bragging rights at 4.45 this evening. 

I hope everyone has a great Fife derby day, and we all leave EEP proud that our respective teams have given their all on the park 

COYP 🇾🇪

15 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Totally this. The guy showed his commitment to the club he played for. 

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Yes he should have, I have a lot of time for bene, good player for us and decent fella. Not having a go at him just pointing out the stupidness back then

Agreed. 
We benefited from the stupidity of the rovers, and what a player he has turned out to be for us. 

Hopefully now that it's game day we can talk about the game (little chance, I know). 

Not sure what we'll do today. It could be the 3-4-3 we've played with O'Halloran on the right and McCann on the left, which would be interesting to see how Raith cope at the back, but could see Chalmers and one of Otoo or Hamilton matching up against Brown and Byrne, who I'd expect to dominate the midfield. So instead we might go more to a 3-5-2 so we have three in the middle against those two to try and stifle their play, but that means having a front two which might help Raith out with their lack of a left back? Wighton and O'Halloran seemed to do well at Tannadice though so that might sway McPake's thinking. 

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hopefully now that it's game day we can talk about the game (little chance, I know). 

Not sure what we'll do today. It could be the 3-4-3 we've played with O'Halloran on the right and McCann on the left, which would be interesting to see how Raith cope at the back, but could see Chalmers and one of Otoo or Hamilton matching up against Brown and Byrne, who I'd expect to dominate the midfield. So instead we might go more to a 3-5-2 so we have three in the middle against those two to try and stifle their play, but that means having a front two which might help Raith out with their lack of a left back? Wighton and O'Halloran seemed to do well at Tannadice though so that might sway McPake's thinking. 

He was talking up McCann as a potential Northern Ireland international in his interview, he's 100% starting I reckon. 

Having MoH on the bench gives us an attacking option to come on against whoever the tiring left back of Rovers will be, hopefully the game is still in the balance at that point. 

Sharp

Comrie-Fisher-Bene-Breen-Edwards 

Otoo-Hamilton-Chalmers 

Wighton-McCann 

Having KRH and MoH to come on will be nice. 

Murray saying he has experimented with a few formations in training this week "to try and get as many of our best players on the pitch as possible", so while the smart money is on a similar set up to the 4-2-3-1 of last week, there's always a chance he'll come up with something completely left field. 

Considering most of our best players are midfielders of some description, it could be pretty congested in there. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

He was talking up McCann as a potential Northern Ireland international in his interview, he's 100% starting I reckon. 

Having MoH on the bench gives us an attacking option to come on against whoever the tiring left back of Rovers will be, hopefully the game is still in the balance at that point. 

Sharp

Comrie-Fisher-Bene-Breen-Edwards 

Otoo-Hamilton-Chalmers 

Wighton-McCann 

Having KRH and MoH to come on will be nice. 

That line up…… I feel positively engorged 

52 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I would go with Byrne ahead of Stanton harsh as it is for him to not start. 

Would also consider getting Easton back in and starting Smith upfront with Hamilton off the bench.

I think the team will be the same that started v hibs without dick obviously and have a strong bench to change it if needed.

Good effort from both sets of fans. 5 left in the Cowden end and you’d expect that last section to be opened and likely 100 or so sold of that. 

Looks like there’s less than 50 in the main stand and maybe 200 in the Norrie (excluding the front few rows). 

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All these ex-players sending in videos to Raith’s Twitter page reminds me of those daft ex-Sevco players sending them in to Rangers’ Twitter to encourage fans to behave themselves in Seville. Quite tragic. “That mob” and other minter phrases getting spouted by losers (2011) like John Baird. Don’t let anyone tell you this isn’t their cup final. In McPake’s words “Just another game to us”  

We’ll stick to doing our talking on the pitch 😁 

Absolutely bizarre level match buildup. 

Raiths socials seem to have spunked all their pre match build up on 1 game.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Shouldn't you be glad that's contributed to selling out your tickets? Might mean next time a quality player like Byrne comes up you can scrape together the pennies to actually make a decent offer. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

It’s bizarre. I would get it if it was a league decider, but ffs. Again, just shows they hang everything on matches against us, then pretend not to be absolutely incandescent with rage when they inevitably get their arse handed to them at EEP.

McPake will let our guys do the talking on the pitch.