Airdrie vs Inverness CT

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

In fairness the score is flattering Airdrie and whilst the first goal was a deflection the 2nd is horrendous defending from Devine.

That would be fine if it was a one off. It’s happening every week however.

Nowhere near our best performance in recent weeks but showed some true grit when we went down to 10 men (which is very unlike us).

Thought ICT looked good in spells but offered absolutely nothing in and around the box. Worrying times… 

Ref and lino were piss poor today. So inconsistent with his bookings. 

Nonetheless, excellent to secure another home win ♦️ 

Certainly took advantage of some hairy defending by Caley and it's always a concern when we score so early, although it was funny to hear the Dodds must go ( I'm in the family section so I've censored it) chant instantly begin. 

We did all we need to do in giving possession to Caley who rarely created a real chance, and that howler from Devine saw Gallagher produce a heavenly finish.

I didn't see clearly why Frizzell was booked and he seemed very aggrieved, but he ought to have been careful in the second half. 

That let Caley make changes and there were many scary moments at our end although our counters could have been better used.

Great defence from the back five/six etc and McMaster well deserved the MOM.

On the referee I thought he was ok although how Carson escaped a card is a mystery.

That's twice I've seen Caley and I can understand why there's rumblings up north. 

Where do you even start? Horrendous start to the match for one conceding a own goal within 30 seconds is a quick sure way to get heads down. Conceding a 2nd about half n hour later due to some more dodgy defending will just sap the morale and confidence out of most players. It was always a uphill battle from this point onwards  

The period between 1-0 and 2-0 I think we troubled the defence like twice with half chances just not good enough when you're tyring to respond to such an early setback. We had periods were we could've troubled the defence way more but the players just seemed to offer nothing in the final third. 

2nd half players seemed more up for it Devine having a header smash of the bar which according to him and many others crossed the line but the ref and linesman was certain it wasn't a  goal. Still it don't matter in the end when your conceding such cheap goals!

We got our lifeline when Frizzell got sent off for a late challenge on Keith Bray but we failed to capatilises as per usual. A very jammy Nathan Shaw goal was as good as we got. 

We just seem hopeless right now that's the right word i would use HOPELESS. We can't score unless it's handed to us on a fucking plate all the chances we do create we fail to convert them and each and every single time we miss these chances the heads go down even more as the fans start to lose their shit and the players lose their confidence. Then we lose the cheapest goals you'll ever see and its just the icing on the shit cake. 

This was a must win for us and we were 1-0 down  within 30 seconds by half time the game was pretty much done and it was thanks to the red card that we had any hope at all.... 

If we lose next week to Dunfermline surely something has to give as we have Raith and Dundee Utd afterwards. 

Edited by Supercaleyman94