Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

St Mirren fans are the angriest fans on this forum. Probably the angriest set of fans I've ever experienced. Even (especially?) when they win.

There'll be a good number of them on here absolutely outraged and scandalised if Robinson goes to Hibs, so I'm all for it. Would be great viewing.

😡  Grrrrr  Yur talking mince 😡 Grrrr were a mild mannered friendly bunch we take criticism on the chin

" See yourself as others see you that's our motto"...... so stick yer opinions right up Ar%% 😡 

Maybe i'm being optimistic, but i cant see Robinson moving to Hibs. I think it would be a bit of a gamble, given he would have to work with what he's got for 4 months, plus uncertainty over whether he could work with those in charge of recruitment at Easter Road. 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If Robinson took the job it would be like a 12 month loan the way Hibs managers last and St Mirren would get him back in August next year. 

Just in time for our Champions League campaign.

55 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, this. If I'm Robinson, I'm waiting to take the Hibs job in December.

If you're Robinson, I'd imagine you're not turning up your nose at a jump to a much bigger club, much increased salary, and immediate career progression of the biggest job you've ever had.

If he knocks it back and St Mirren's form dips, he maybe never gets another sniff. Extremely unlikely he knocks back the chance to get in and get his feet under the table, take stock etc before January.

This is probably the time in his spell at St Mirren when his stock will be the highest.

26 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

If you're Robinson, I'd imagine you're not turning up your nose at a jump to a much bigger club, much increased salary, and immediate career progression of the biggest job you've ever had.

If he knocks it back and St Mirren's form dips, he maybe never gets another sniff. Extremely unlikely he knocks back the chance to get in and get his feet under the table, take stock etc before January.

This is probably the time in his spell at St Mirren when his stock will be the highest.

That’s it in a nutshell really. If Robinson wants to move onto another level then proving himself at Hibs would be another positive step. Hibs are a bigger club than St Mirren, could offer him more money personally and a bigger budget.

If he’s offered it and has ambition then he’ll take it. If he has no ambition then he should stay where he is.

Robinson generally doesn't seem shy about putting himself out there for bigger jobs. It was Northern Ireland and I think Huddersfield (?) while he was with us and he mentioned applying for the Bournemouth job after he'd left.

I'm not sure if Hibs would pay as well as any of those 3 but I still think he'd probably be pretty up for the bump in wages/prestige while remaining in a league he seems well suited for.

I also think it'd go pretty badly for both Hibs and St Mirren.

39 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, I was joking, but yes, I agree with you.

Maybe Robbo will stay with us because…he has put together an excellent squad of players who are playing a good brand of football; we love the guy; he walked from Well partly because he was fed up having to rebuild his squad; there is a good spirit about the squad and the club; Hibs are a shambles on and off the pitch, fans excepted; money isn’t always the goal for a manager; the compensation required would be too much; the transfer window is about to SLAM shut, leaving Hibs short of a decent squad, so the potential for an immediate revival is reduced and the risk of the sack in the near future is heightened; he would rather aim for the NI job as his next move?…and, as yet, he hasn’t been asked the question. 
In short, please look elsewhere!

36 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s it in a nutshell really. If Robinson wants to move onto another level then proving himself at Hibs would be another positive step. Hibs are a bigger club than St Mirren, could offer him more money personally and a bigger budget.

If he’s offered it and has ambition then he’ll take it. If he has no ambition then he should stay where he is.

Exact same situation if McInnes gets offered it as well.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Maybe i'm being optimistic, but i cant see Robinson moving to Hibs. I think it would be a bit of a gamble, given he would have to work with what he's got for 4 months, plus uncertainty over whether he could work with those in charge of recruitment at Easter Road. 

He would be absolutely crazy to turn down the job tbh.

41 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Robinson generally doesn't seem shy about putting himself out there for bigger jobs. It was Northern Ireland and I think Huddersfield (?) while he was with us and he mentioned applying for the Bournemouth job after he'd left.

I'm not sure if Hibs would pay as well as any of those 3 but I still think he'd probably be pretty up for the bump in wages/prestige while remaining in a league he seems well suited for.

I also think it'd go pretty badly for both Hibs and St Mirren.

Robinson ultimately wants to manager Northern Ireland.  Do well at us the jobs his when O'Neil goes or a move to the English Championship.   

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

He can get the Northern Ireland job from St Mirren just as easily, and there's much less risk of being sacked from there after 6 months because the fans throw the toys out the pram again when they lose two games in a row.

He can?  Why hasn't he already then?  There is no chance he would be sacked after 6 months at Hibs.  Maloney was an exception.  

TBH, I'm a bit confused by so many people saying Hibs have got a shite squad in major need to work, rather than Johnson was just a shit, shit manager.

Up front, Vente, Boyle and Youan seem more than capable of a top 6 level goal tally, and in midfield, though I've never personally rated him, Joe Newell is obviously liked by Hibs fans (and Dylan Levitt has surely not got crap overnight).

Sure there are defensive issues, but again I saw Hibs fans crowing over getting Fish back, and even if Hanlon and Grandpa Stevenson are done, any manager coming in can surely get a better tune out of your defensive resources that that charlatan Johnson?

Fair enough, he would also have Marshall in goals which is a major problem, but I can't believe your backup keeper isn't better than him.

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He can?  Why hasn't he already then?  There is no chance he would be sacked after 6 months at Hibs.  Maloney was an exception.  

He's only been St Mirren manager for about 18 months, and when the Northern Ireland job became available there was a much clearer candidate, who would have got the job whether Robinson was at St Mirren, Hibs, Rangers or probably even Real Madrid.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's only been St Mirren manager for about 18 months, and when the Northern Ireland job became available there was a much clearer candidate, who would have got the job whether Robinson was at St Mirren, Hibs, Rangers or probably even Real Madrid.

And when O'Neil left last time and he had done an even better job at Motherwell?   They gave the job who was a complete disaster at the same club.

Edited by Hoose Rice

32 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

TBH, I'm a bit confused by so many people saying Hibs have got a shite squad in major need to work, rather than Johnson was just a shit, shit manager.

Up front, Vente, Boyle and Youan seem more than capable of a top 6 level goal tally, and in midfield, though I've never personally rated him, Joe Newell is obviously liked by Hibs fans (and Dylan Levitt has surely not got crap overnight).

Sure there are defensive issues, but again I saw Hibs fans crowing over getting Fish back, and even if Hanlon and Grandpa Stevenson are done, any manager coming in can surely get a better tune out of your defensive resources that that charlatan Johnson?

Fair enough, he would also have Marshall in goals which is a major problem, but I can't believe your backup keeper isn't better than him.

Yeah I don't think its a massive stretch to get these players playing well. 

Front three is fairly settled, could even have a front 4 in a 442/424 with ALF or Doidge. McKirdy could even do something, but I doubt it.

The midfield is unbalanced really, only Joe Newell is a guaranteed starter. Levitt has looked alright I suppose but I can't help but think he was an un-necessary signing and we should have gone for someone who can do a greater defensive contribution whilst still being tidy on the ball. Just heard that apparently the CEO was saying we were looking at O'Hara, who I think alongside Newell would have been a better option but spilled milk and all that.

Regardless if we go for three in the middle instead we could use Newell, Levitt and either Delferierre or Jeggo. Not ideal but not awful either. Campbell and JDH can contribute in flashes too. 

The back line might even be alright, Obita, Harbottle, Fish and Miller isn't too bad. Stevenson, Hanlon can help out and Megwa is still in the squad.

Not all of these are particularly mesmerising players but it's hard to conceive that we couldn't get more out of them than we have now. I think that's why this situation has developed really, many fans looked at last season reasonably positively and thought we'd added to it over the summer, sans losing Nisbet, Myko and CJ.

I don't think we expected to look great defensively but the real problem has been the disjointed way we take the game to the opposition. A weird reliance on longball for a team who have a good amount of football in them. Actually perhaps that's not the real problem, real problem is shipping around 20 goals by the end of August.