St Johnstone vs Dundee FC - 02/09/23

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think you’re the third St Johnstone poster that has mentioned that song.

Do you think St Johnstone are in genuine trouble this season?

I think most St Johnstone supporters are surprised we have 2 points on the board and are not bottom of the league TBH. Personally i have not said any difference that i think this is our year to go down!  

However it is the "Saints ae falling apart again i don't get "

I am old c**t mind 

Edited by Center half

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think you’re the third St Johnstone poster that has mentioned that song.

Do you think St Johnstone are in genuine trouble this season?

This season? We've been in genuine trouble for a number of seasons, this season included. However, we're at least trying to reverse the damage that has been done and I feel more positive about the club than I've felt in a long time. MacLean has a nigh-impossible job on his hands after what has come before, so avoiding relegation would be a great success and hopefully a springboard from which we can continue to rebuild.

Edited by The Real Saints

19 minutes ago, Center half said:

I think most St Johnstone supporters are surprised we have 2 points on the board and are not bottom of the league TBH. Personally i have not said any difference that i think this is our year to go down!  

However it is the "Saints ae falling apart again i don't get "

I am old c**t mind 

If only Ian Curtis had written “love will tear us apart as it has done over the past couple of seasons”, although I don’t think that has the same ring to it.  

In any case are these type of songs not just sung to get a rise from the opposition fans?

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You could see how much it meant to St Johnstone getting their point against Dundee. 

Long season ahead and another 90 minutes of good football from Dundee. 32 matches to go before we can evaluate whether the champions league winning celebrations were justified or not from Perth.

Until next time, diddies.

Thank You.

50 YYWFA 

25 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Who was right back for saintees? He struggled a lot. 

James Brown. He’s been with us 3 years and played all across the back line. Very much a squad player to step in when needed but ends up playing a lot more than he possibly should if our defence had the right options.  Really needs to perform at a higher level consistently now that he’s one of our more experienced players.

He was poor today, but in fairness to him he’s been out injured and not played much so he’s obviously struggling for fitness. 

It seems like the song had the desired impact of winding up a few St Johnstone fans with the repeated mentions on here.

Thought their little rendition of it directed towards us after they scored the equaliser was good banter as well. 

21 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

This mob haven’t won f**k all since big nose Gemmell was playing for them Half a fucking century ago.

I think you meant to say “have won f**k all”, not haven’t.  To say “haven’t won f**k all” would suggest we have won something.  I don’t wish to sound pedantic.  I’m just trying to assist you for the match thread when we next play each other.

Dominated first half and most of second half, Tactics good, shape and formation good, confidence high, guys playing for each other, stands bouncing and then………..WTF were those substitutions about. Nothing wrong with the geezers who came on, but WTF was wrong with the geezers who came off? Then to compound this we change tactics. Why? We never looked like losing until this happened.

I admire Mr Docherty and his back room staff with his aim to improve our club and can see vast improvement from last season and immense improvement from two seasons ago, but todays draw (which feels like a defeat) is not down to player failure, but due to the tactics change and pointless substitutions.

Sorry Tony but you gotta hold your hands up on this one.

Born Dundee, bred Dundee, and when I die I,ll be dead Dundee

The biggest disappointment from yesterday is that Dundee actually look like a competent football team for the first time in about 15 years.

Carson is an excellent keeper, but the likes of Beck, Boateng, Bakayoko and Tiffoney are really good pick ups. I think they lack depth on the bench though, the drop off to the likes of Kerr, Rudden and Reilly is pretty steep.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

16 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The biggest disappointment from yesterday is that Dundee actually look like a competent football team for the first time in about 15 years.

Carson is an excellent keeper, but the likes of Beck, Boateng, Bakayoko and Tiffoney are really good pick ups. I think they lack depth on the bench though, the drop off to the likes of Kerr, Rudden and Reilly is pretty steep.

Was always going to be that way under Docherty, he'll be trying to replicate Kilmarnock last season in terms of "get through season 1, fully rebuild season 2".

If they survive then they should just keep getting stronger as he'll understand you need strength/energy in your team.

Didnt see yesterday but it is really hard to see another team who's squad is remotely as bad as ours, in terms of what players have shown so far in their careers.

This was the first real test for a MacLean side to what ghey could offer, and it sounds like they fell well short of looking like a top flight side?

Just seen the highlights, thought Mitov going nuts at McLelland after selling him short with the attempted pass out was poor. Far more blame attached to him, just hold your hands up.

On another note, is the St Johnstone strip a skin tight material or are some of your squad carrying a bit weight? I assume it's tight but it looked like multiple players had a wee bit of a gut.

33 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just seen the highlights, thought Mitov going nuts at McLelland after selling him short with the attempted pass out was poor. Far more blame attached to him, just hold your hands up.

On another note, is the St Johnstone strip a skin tight material or are some of your squad carrying a bit weight? I assume it's tight but it looked like multiple players had a wee bit of a gut.

Aye that was poor.

And yes it's tight.