Arbroath v Ayr United

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He must have been living under a rock for the last few years FFS. 

Not sure what you mean but that’s how bad it’s been that that’s how long it actually feels to some people.

Watched Bullen interview and seemed a bit desperate, also completely disagree with a lot of what him and the interviewer said. Must’ve seen a different game

Very minor moan here and appreciate the guys involved give up a lot of their time. However - I always look forward to the highlights, especially if I wasn’t at the game and even more so if we win but those are almost unwatchable.

Felt seasick with the camera movement and the zooming in and out. Keep it at the same zoom or gently and smoothly zoom in a little for a chance etc, much easier to watch like that. BBC Scotland do it too, although a bit less extreme, and it makes it a difficult watch. Also no replays of the goals was a bit strange. Maybe a new camera operator and editor.

Keep up the good work and it really is appreciated but keep it simple please.

A lovely day for a game of football, warm, sunny and hardly a breath of wind. I'll try to remember what today was like when freezing at a game in mid-January.

Good to get the 3 points. Was disappointed to lose a goal just on half time and at the time would have been happy to take a draw. Second half we were the better side and got the goal we deserved. Could have had a couple more late on when MacIntosh and then Hylton were through and could have played the ball to Balde who was in a great position to score, but neither did.

Hopefully another good performance against Airdrie to keep the long awaited feelgood factor going.

ETA  Thought I'd add a word about the ref but couldn't find one.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

A couple wee thoughts after watching the highlights back.  Although Stewart is improving in that left back position, its telling that Ayr's best chances came from Stewart either giving the ball away or switching off.  He's not a bad player by any means, but a right midfielder playing at left back is still not a solution.  He's doing his best there, but its still a weakness.

Also, although the highlights show that the winning goal came from a Slater corner, what the highlights do not show are the 30 appalling corners and free kicks that Slater took.  McKenna takes excellent corners, why have we given the job to Slater all of a sudden?

I do like the balance of our team overall though, Bird and McIntosh are good front men for our brand of football, and being able to call on a choice of Turan, Dow, Stowe, Hylton and Balde gives us variety in attacking midfield.  In the event of injuries to both Bird and McIntosh, I think Hylton could easily step in as the lead man up front, as could Turan (albeit possibly with less goals).  There's a lot to be positive about going forward!