Arbroath v Ayr United

49 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

That’s the point.

Is some idiot at Arbroath genuinely on the fence about Ayr bringing more than 72 fans? Come to f**k. 

The Ayr allocation isn’t 72 seats, that’s what was left unsold at the time. I think the away seating is around 200, QP had about 150 in the stand the other week. 

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I think we've been too accommodating to away fans the last few seasons, and it's come to our own detriment. Another permanent segregation fence at the main road side corner flag would do fine, especially for games at this time of year. 

Absolutely 💯 

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s pointless though. The remaining tickets will sell and the terracing will get opened. What’s this achieving?

It's putting away fans off travelling by making it as awkward and shite as possible which for some reason seems to be the message across about 90% of Scottish football these days which is absolutely bizarre.   

Edit - group of 4 or 5 of us have done Arbroath away 3 times now, day out on the train and a ground along the same lines of Somerset, decent pubs etc.  Brilliant.  

Tomorrow? 60 quid a head for the train (including replacement  buses).  Sacked the idea at that point.  But to then pay 22 quid to buy a ticket to have to get in for half 2 or something to sit together - nah.   

Edited by Hursty

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

It's putting away fans off travelling by making it as awkward and shite as possible which for some reason seems to be the message across about 90% of Scottish football these days which is absolutely bizarre.   

Edit - group of 4 or 5 of us have done Arbroath away 3 times now, day out on the train and a ground along the same lines of Somerset, decent pubs etc.  Brilliant.  

Tomorrow? 60 quid a head for the train (including replacement  buses).  Sacked the idea at that point.  But to then pay 22 quid to buy a ticket to have to get in for half 2 or something to sit together - nah.   

I do agree with your general points. 1. Scottish fitba is far too expensive to attend 2. Many clubs treat away fans poorly and 3. Arbroath should offer a default standing option for away fans - may only be a wee uncovered section and you might get wet on occasion but still.

However your reasons for not going today are weak - the train/bus situation is crap but can hardly be blamed on Arbroath FC and going through the turnstiles 30 minutes early isn’t exactly a reason not to travel 150 miles for a “brilliant day out”. I’m sure it would also be easy enough to find out pre kick off if Ayr were getting a section of terracing as well meaning you could get that precious half hour back.

Going to be a lovely day too.

6 minutes ago, grazza said:

Trying to navigate the away ticket  section but can't get option for OAP and student which does appear on the home section as £14

Where do we go to buy them in person so we get the correct ticket? 

Call the club. They’re very helpful and will sort you out.

46 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

However your reasons for not going today are weak - the train/bus situation is crap but can hardly be blamed on Arbroath FC and going through the turnstiles 30 minutes early isn’t exactly a reason not to travel 150 miles for a “brilliant day out”.

1 - agreed - train and bus situation is absolutely nothing to do with Arbroath and wasn't suggesting it was in the slightest - just seemed a crazy price 🤣

2 - weak or not, its just stating the truth.  Getting to a certain age where folks finance / family time etc means getting the numbers together for an away game makes it a pretty rare occasion, so you end up picking the one that offers a better experience.  The likes of today everyone knows Ayr would end up having enough to open a bit of terracing so why not just have a wee bit set aside.  

It's not a criticism of Arbroath as such, just a general point - Ayr do it too when we advertise to away teams there's no ticket sales available at the ground for away fans etc when that's not actually true, makes no sense to me.   

Anyway on to the game - score draw I reckon although I'm a bit worried how we would react if we go a goal down

Edited by Hursty

50 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Am I reading this right is it £8 for PPV for a month on Arbroath TV? Seems very generous 

51 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Will be audio commentary only cause of 3pm blackout I’m sure 

Yep, its £8 for a month of Arbroath Radio.  If you just so happen to find yourself 'overseas', then you can get video streams for £20.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

However your reasons for not going today are weak

Didn't even realise Tattie36 was the official arbiter of football attendance.  

I'm not going cause I don't want to, I hope that's ok. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Didn't even realise Tattie36 was the official arbiter of football attendance.  

I'm not going cause I don't want to, I hope that's ok. 

I’m certainly not and folk have a myriad of reasons for not being able to make games… or simply just not wanting to go.

I’m not going today either 😆

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Meanwhile the lazy reporting from the BBC Scotland team:

Palm Trees Rain GIF

Annoyingly accurate 

Anyway - would love 3 points or a point but again just hope to see a competitive performance. If Ayr do win I would hope that they have had to put a hell of a shift in to come away with the 3 points

Many a weekend ruined last year with watching teams turn up to Gayf and comfortably walk away with the win 

Edited by 1320Lichtie